No announcement yet.

What books are you reading currently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started a new thread to maybe help that a long a bit. Maybe we can try and keep the discussions there and just state the books we are reading here

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...21#post4659021

Just rented The Final Empire and I'm going to start it tonight.
    sigpic

Comment

• Just finished way of the kings and thought it was a great book. Now on to Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        Just finished way of the kings and thought it was a great book. Now on to Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson.
        I started that one but put it away, will probably go back to it after world war z. Also reading The Final Empire still as well as The Walking Dead Compendium one.
        sigpic

Comment

• I just finished "The Sixth Man" by David Baldacci. Another winner for him
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Being the binge reader that I am, I always have a couple books going at once. I guess because focusing one one book just makes too much sense, and I like being difficult *shrug.*

I both seem to love and hate Robert Jordan. When did I even begin reading the darn series?

"In one Age, called 2009 by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past…"

So yeah 5 books in 4ish years, really burning through it...Thus is the turning of the wheel of time. (I'm going to get negative CP for this aren't I?)

Bought it on a tablet just to see what e-books are like...I rarely use the thing to read and I always start at the beginning every time so...Not far in at all, anyone else read it? Any opinions?

I'm a mystery fan, I make no apologies for it. Reading it for the 3rd time or so, I take to reading my classic mysteries whenever it's been long enough that I've forgotten the details.

Feel free to make some recommendations, always looking for new stuff. Fiction only please, I read for escapism.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
              Being the binge reader that I am, I always have a couple books going at once. I guess because focusing one one book just makes too much sense, and I like being difficult *shrug.*

I both seem to love and hate Robert Jordan. When did I even begin reading the darn series?

"In one Age, called 2009 by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past…"

So yeah 5 books in 4ish years, really burning through it...Thus is the turning of the wheel of time. (I'm going to get negative CP for this aren't I?)

Bought it on a tablet just to see what e-books are like...I rarely use the thing to read and I always start at the beginning every time so...Not far in at all, anyone else read it? Any opinions?

I'm a mystery fan, I make no apologies for it. Reading it for the 3rd time or so, I take to reading my classic mysteries whenever it's been long enough that I've forgotten the details.

Feel free to make some recommendations, always looking for new stuff. Fiction only please, I read for escapism.
              I would recommend Brandon Sanderson, but you will maybe read his work since he had to finish the wheel of time since Jordan passed away . But at the rate you are going you may get to read it in another 8 years or so

As far as Sanderson's books I would go with either the Mistborn Series or Way of the king, as those are the only ones of his that I have read and thought they both were great stories.

Also enjoyed The Night Angel triology that someone on here recommended and it really enjoyable story. Those are the only ones I can think of right now as that is pretty much what I have read over the last 6 or so months.

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

Also enjoyed The Night Angel triology that someone on here recommended and it really enjoyable story. Those are the only ones I can think of right now as that is pretty much what I have read over the last 6 or so months.
                You know I actually read the first one of that, wasn't bad. Glad to know I'm not the only one that travels in these particular fictional waters. I'll have to read the entire thread at some point, as well as keeping an eye on it. Thank you for the recommendations, they are always appreciated.
                sigpic

Comment

• Shawn Green: The Way of Baseball-- Finding Stillness at 95 mph
                  sigpic

Comment

• Read the first one and picked this up not knowing it was part 2. LOVED the first one.. this one, so far, is just as fun!!!

*2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Life of Pi

Comment

• Sorry to be so slow updating. Book #14 of the Dresden Files, "Cold Days," came out at the end of November and I tried to parse the book out, to make it last. Naw, that didn't happen, so I settled for reading it a second time, at a more relaxed pace to pick up anything I might have missed in the excitement.

Could be the best Dresden book yet.

Just starting "Hannibal," by Thomas Harris.
                        You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• Agenda 21 by Glenn Beck with Harrett Parke
                          God as He Longs For You To See Him by Chip Ingram
                          Holy Bible
                          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                          sigpic

Comment

Thats good to hear because this will probably end up on my reading list. I put the show on and told my wife that it was a book series and after she watched all of season 1 she bought the first book on her nook. And needlessly to say she is already on book 3, and since she already bought them I might move them up on my list and give them a shot.
                            To say I'm hooked on them is an understatement. No other author makes me laugh or exclaim out loud at some of the twists in the books. And he's SMART. He doesn't treat his readers like dunderheads (I'm looking at YOU here, Lee Child!). He takes his characters seriously, develops them, loves them and makes you respect and love them too, and then puts them in harm's way and has you gasping on how can Harry possibly pull it off THIS time. And each book is better than the one before.

On top of that, Butcher supposely has said that he's got storylines for about 20 books and then plans to write a three part finale to the series, naming the final three books by the names of the curses his characters use in the books, "Stars and Stones," "Empty Night" and "Hell's Bells." Now seriously, how many other authors have a story arc that translates to 23 books and wraps up all the story and character arcs?

Here we're on book 14 and Butcher is now tying up some of the loose ends and answering questions he started asking in books 1-3. And it's a LOT worse for Harry than he originally thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
                              To say I'm hooked on them is an understatement. No other author makes me laugh or exclaim out loud at some of the twists in the books. And he's SMART. He doesn't treat his readers like dunderheads (I'm looking at YOU here, Lee Child!). He takes his characters seriously, develops them, loves them and makes you respect and love them too, and then puts them in harm's way and has you gasping on how can Harry possibly pull it off THIS time. And each book is better than the one before.

On top of that, Butcher supposely has said that he's got storylines for about 20 books and then plans to write a three part finale to the series, naming the final three books by the names of the curses his characters use in the books, "Stars and Stones," "Empty Night" and "Hell's Bells." Now seriously, how many other authors have a story arc that translates to 23 books and wraps up all the story and character arcs?

Here we're on book 14 and Butcher is now tying up some of the loose ends and answering questions he started asking in books 1-3. And it's a LOT worse for Harry than he originally thought.
                              Man 23 books that combined with Sanderson's supposed 36(?) books for his cosmere books I will be reading forever lol. But yeah my wife loves those books and I will probably get around to them, but it was funny one of the books she was reading she looked over at me and was like,

"You know, it is hard to feel nervous for him in this duel because you know there are 14 books out" lol. But thanks for the advice I will move these up on my reading list :thumb:

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

Man 23 books that combined with Sanderson's supposed 36(?) books for his cosmere books I will be reading forever lol. But yeah my wife loves those books and I will probably get around to them, but it was funny one of the books she was reading she looked over at me and was like,

"You know, it is hard to feel nervous for him in this duel because you know there are 14 books out" lol. But thanks for the advice I will move these up on my reading list :thumb:
                                And then you find that, sometimes it's not Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden who pays the price, it's the people close to him... Or some interesting twist. (psst, don't tell your wife!)

Comment

Working...
                                X