What books are you reading currently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be starting the Camel Club series soon
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Man this thread needs a bump!
      Up now

Up next
      sigpic

Comment

• Utterly absurd and insightful. Lots of humor, some controversial opinion, but really some valuable life lessons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Den615 View Post

Utterly absurd and insightful. Lots of humor, some controversial opinion, but really some valuable life lessons.
          Nick Offerman is amazing. I might have to check this out later.
          sigpic

Comment

• I read the book.....stuff my dad says. ( yeah I cant give the real title or I would have to IP myself)

Short and a one sitting read really but you will want to star it over again. So funny.

A must check out book
            sigpic

Comment

• "Split Second" it's the first King and Maxwell book
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                Nick Offerman is amazing. I might have to check this out later.
                Finished it a few days ago. Not what I was expecting, but I really enjoyed it. He is the definition of someone who is comfortable in his own skin. He certainly has some irreverent and controversial (to some) opinions, but is also extremely respectful to his fellow man (unless of course they don't deserve his respect lol).

Really touches on some valuable life lessons about essentially doing what you love in life and finding a way to get paid for it. Very relevant to me personally at this stage in life.

Comment

• "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman, just picked it up last week… only a couple chapters in, but looks good. I've always liked Gaiman, but up until now have only read his shorts… none of his novels.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                  Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                  Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                  Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                    "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman, just picked it up last week… only a couple chapters in, but looks good. I've always liked Gaiman, but up until now have only read his shorts… none of his novels.
                    I love Gaiman; I've never ready any of his books but some of my all time favorite Doctor Who episodes were written by him. His best ever episode was called "The Doctor's Wife"
                    sigpic

Comment

I love Gaiman; I've never ready any of his books but some of my all time favorite Doctor Who episodes were written by him. His best ever episode was called "The Doctor's Wife"
                      I'll admit, I didn't know he'd written for Dr. Who until I just looked it up. He's got his hands in pretty much everything though. I know with a lot of authors, I'll just buy their books the minute I see they have a new one. With him, I have to be careful, because he also writes a lot of children's books.... suppose I could always send it to one of my nieces if I happened to buy one of those.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers

Comment

• Not really a book more like a short story (3-5 pages) but I've reading The Lottery by Shirley Jackson repeatedly right now for a 3-5 page essay I have to write.
                        sigpic

Comment

Not really a book more like a short story (3-5 pages) but I've reading The Lottery by Shirley Jackson repeatedly right now for a 3-5 page essay I have to write.
                          I remember that story, not the type of lottery I'd want to win. What type of essay are you writing?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                            I remember that story, not the type of lottery I'd want to win. What type of essay are you writing?
                            It's a literary analysis paper. My main point is discussing blindly following tradition and my secondary point is discussing the fact that the village seemed so desitised to the ritual murders. I'm making the point that we should be careful to examine the way we were raised because a lot of people do things just because their parents did it not even thinking as to why.
                            sigpic

Comment

• This was his last novel before he passed away. He wrote dozens of SW novels and lots of other sci-fi novels as well as fantasy.

Comment

• Allston passed away? I must have missed that. That sucks, he was one of my favorites.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X