What books are you reading currently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started:

Irving was a sniper in the 3rd Ranger Battalion, who accumulated 33 confirmed kills. It's really an interesting story, because it was one of those "right place at the right time" scenarios. In the first chapter he explains how he wasn't expecting to see much action during deployment, and it ended up being the exact opposite right from the start.

Comment

• Since my last post I have read
      Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
      Anansi Boys By Neil Gaiman
      Timebound By Rysa Walker
      Times Echo by Rysa Walker

And right now I am working on Times Edge by Rysa Walker and Coraline by Neil Gaiman.

I just got a Scribd.com account so I'm thinking I'm going to start tearing through books for awhile. Though I've started reading spiderman and avengers comics (Scribed has a huge collection of Marvel Digital comics)
      sigpic

Comment

• My nook broke so I haven't been reading as well my books were on there lol.

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

• Time to bump this thread up. I've been on a big Stephen King kick lately so the books I finished were Mr Mercedes, 4 of the 5 Bachman books, plus half the short stories from Everything's Eventual. I also read Heart Shaped Box from Joe Hill...very good if you like ghost stuff. Now I'm starting the Dark Tower series and one of these days I will finally finish The Stand (complete and uncut)
          sigpic
          Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
          You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
          You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
          Have It All - Blu3
          Conceited - Blu3
          Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
          All On You - Blu3

Comment

• I just finished up Fluency by Jennifer Foehner Wells and I just started working on The Lost Starship by Vaugh Heppner. It's somewhat interesting because I've been on a Fantasy kick for awhile and now I'm starting to begin reading a lot of Sci-Fi again.
            sigpic

Comment

• I am full swing into James Patterson again. Reading the NYPD books right now. Typical Patterson books but they are good entertainment
              sigpic

Comment

• I'm currently rereading a "Dark Angel" book
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Currently reading "Angel's Flight," A Harry Bosch novel by Michael Connelly, re-reading some Stephen King as well. Since my last post, I re-read "The Shining," followed by the sequel, "Dr. Sleep," then "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon." "Joyland" by King is also on my bookshelf ready for me to start when I finish the Bosch book. And re-reading some of the Dresden Files books by Jim Butcher.
                  You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• Got my nook fixed so I went on a little stormlight achieve read of a select few scenes. Did the tower the 4 vs 1 duel than the last part of the second book. Sinks I need to wait till the end of 2016 for the next book.

Going to start the demon cycle trilogy than probably reread the mistborn books as the next 2 come out at the end of the year and early next year.

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
                      Currently reading "Angel's Flight," A Harry Bosch novel by Michael Connelly, re-reading some Stephen King as well. Since my last post, I re-read "The Shining," followed by the sequel, "Dr. Sleep," then "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon." "Joyland" by King is also on my bookshelf ready for me to start when I finish the Bosch book. And re-reading some of the Dresden Files books by Jim Butcher.
                      "The girl who loved Tom Gordon" is one my favorite King books. What did you think of "Dr. Sleep"? That's one I haven't read of his yet.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• I'm still reading shorts from "Trigger Warning" by Neil Gaiman. I've been hooked on novels more than short stories lately … so last one I finished was "Sharp Objects" by Gillian Flynn.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Just starting (on page two or three...) Dark Days by Randy Blythe, a heavy metal lead singer who was imprisoned in Prague for 37 days while he awaited trial for the murder of a fan who had rushed the stage, only to be pushed off and land on his head... A justified reaction if you've ever heard the story of Dimebag Darrell's demise... He was later acquitted in the case after a 5 day trial... I'm interested to see how this journey goes.
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                            Just starting (on page two or three...) Dark Days by Randy Blythe, a heavy metal lead singer who was imprisoned in Prague for 37 days while he awaited trial for the murder of a fan who had rushed the stage, only to be pushed off and land on his head... A justified reaction if you've ever heard the story of Dimebag Darrell's demise... He was later acquitted in the case after a 5 day trial... I'm interested to see how this journey goes.
                            I've been meaning to read that, just haven't gotten around to it. He's a pretty descent lyricist, so I imagine it's a good read. Guy thinks outside the box.

Comment

• From the former president of the Czech Republic comes this first-hand account of his years in office and the transition to democracy following the fall of Communism.

A renowned playwright, Václav Havel became one of Czechoslovakia's most prominent dissidents under Communist rule – and the president after the Velvet Revolution, making him a key player in European politics. Here we see first-hand the challenges of creating a new government, tempered with Havel's revealing insights into the difficulties posed by an era of increased globalization and conflict. He discusses not only the situation in his own country, but also such pressing issues as the future of the European Union, the war in Iraq, and the role of the United States in contemporary affairs. Written with an eye towards both the political and the personal and a witty, well-honed eloquence, To the Castle and Back is a rare glimpse into the minds of one of the most important political figures of modern times.
                              My current read. I feel my tastes are a tad dry for most readers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy View Post

My current read. I feel my tastes are a tad dry for most readers.
                                No so, comrade. That actually sounds like an interesting read.

Comment

Working...
                                X