What books are you reading currently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I've been meaning to read that, just haven't gotten around to it. He's a pretty descent lyricist, so I imagine it's a good read. Guy thinks outside the box.
    I've read a few of his blog entries... Guy has a way with words...
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• Football Scouting Methods by Steve Belichick
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Football Scouting Methods by Steve Belichick
        is it a book with a lot of pictures to give you an advantage? I know another belichick who wrote the book on cheating

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy View Post
          is it a book with a lot of pictures to give you an advantage? I know another belichick who wrote the book on cheating
          The emphasis is on method. It concentrates on forms for consistent observation of a team in real time, or for breaking down film. If one was really serious about learning to scout, Football Scouting Methods is the most thorough and effective guide.

Comment

• Trying to finish this one. I have a hard time with short story books. Can't just plow through. Have to read one.. take a few days... read another....

A lot of twisted fun if you don't mind the "out there" grotesque type of stuff.
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Just Finished Ready Player One starting The Martian tonight.

Ready Player One is fantastic btw...and a quick read...Go Read it....why aren't you reading it yet?? Are you done?? How about now??? Isn't it the best??
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
                Just Finished Ready Player One starting The Martian tonight.

Ready Player One is fantastic btw...and a quick read...Go Read it....why aren't you reading it yet?? Are you done?? How about now??? Isn't it the best??
                you want a great little quick read. The most dangerous game is always great.

Comment

you want a great little quick read. The most dangerous game is always great.
                  Do you mean the short story by Richard Connell? Great story which was part of a unit I once taught on short stories.

Comment

• Beginners guide to homeowning: dummies edition
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Not much of a reader, but starting up a collection of favs. Finding and buying up Tom Clancy titles. Bought to start reading Hunt for red october, I've read it before but never owned it. Also bought the Art of war. Figured thats a must own.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• I am soon to read "Go Set A Watchman" which is Harper Lee's much delayed follow up to "To Kill A Mockingbird" (1960). It is going to be tough because my understanding is that the beloved Atticus Finch is not the civil rights icon we thought he was.

However, after previewing the story, there may be some value in it, from a literary perspective. You see "To Kill A Mockingbird" was told from the view of Scout, a 6 year old. So that does make sense to some degree. We envisioned Attacus as a hero, and a man we could so admire. As a 26 year old she sees the world so much differently, which sadly translates to a very disappointing reality. So, from the mere perspective angle, it does make sense. Six year olds see life through different glasses. Unfortunately, we may not like what the 26 year old leaves us with.

In that sense, many of us will have wished there was no follow up.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          Do you mean the short story by Richard Connell? Great story which was part of a unit I once taught on short stories.
                          yes... I do indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            I am soon to read "Go Set A Watchman" which is Harper Lee's much delayed follow up to "To Kill A Mockingbird" (1960). It is going to be tough because my understanding is that the beloved Atticus Finch is not the civil rights icon we thought he was.

However, after previewing the story, there may be some value in it, from a literary perspective. You see "To Kill A Mockingbird" was told from the view of Scout, a 6 year old. So that does make sense to some degree. We envisioned Attacus as a hero, and a man we could so admire. As a 26 year old she sees the world so much differently, which sadly translates to a very disappointing reality. So, from the mere perspective angle, it does make sense. Six year olds see life through different glasses. Unfortunately, we may not like what the 26 year old leaves us with.

In that sense, many of us will have wished there was no follow up.
                            save yourself the pain.

Comment

save yourself the pain.
                              My wife is part way through it. I'll let her make the call on whether or not I read it. And If I don't, I'll just watch the old movie again, starring the "highly respectable" Gregory Peck, and let it be the only version.

Comment

• I'm about to start The girl with the dragon tattoo

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
                                Just Finished Ready Player One starting The Martian tonight.

Both are good books :thumb:
                                sigpic
                                2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                                2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                                BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Working...
                                X