What books are you reading currently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Just finished the last empire moving on to will of ascension and than hero of ages and alloy of law than I will tackle shadow of self.

But rereading last empire it is amazing the foreshadowing he had. He had something in the first chapter that hinted at what happens in the final chapter of the last book. But hopefully I fly through these books quickly and than I can start on shadow of self.
    Started Shadows of Self yesterday, it's good so far...It's not nearly as good as the Stormlight books which is what I'm really craving right now, but it will keep me going for awhile.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Started Shadows of Self yesterday, it's good so far...It's not nearly as good as the Stormlight books which is what I'm really craving right now, but it will keep me going for awhile.
      Just finished well if ascension started hero of ages. Figured at the rate I'm going I can knock out shadow of self right before bands of mourning drop. Follow that by calamity and than start counting down the months till the next storm light book drops in the fall. Well hopefully no delays lol. Might use that time to just re read them

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

Just finished well if ascension started hero of ages. Figured at the rate I'm going I can knock out shadow of self right before bands of mourning drop. Follow that by calamity and than start counting down the months till the next storm light book drops in the fall. Well hopefully no delays lol. Might use that time to just re read them
        I should have re-read the mistborn series, I'm left with big holes in my memory of it, but I've been refreshing them via Wikapedia.

Half-way through Shadows of Self and I've pretty much established the voice in my head for Wayne as that of Jason Statham.
        sigpic

Comment

I should have re-read the mistborn series, I'm left with big holes in my memory of it, but I've been refreshing them via Wikapedia.

Half-way through Shadows of Self and I've pretty much established the voice in my head for Wayne as that of Jason Statham.
          Yeah I'm half way through alloy of law now and just re reading the first trilogy just amazes me how he set everything up. Foreshadowing in chapter 1 of the first book to something in the final chapter of the last book was fun to read. Knowing all the twist you see all the clues he left.

There is always another secret lol

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

• I've been rolling through the classics lately.

Most recently I've read through works by Voltaire and am currently reading Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne (hmm, I'm noticing a French thing going on here).

Comment

• I'm reading a "Dark Angel" book
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Finished the mistborn trilogy and alloy of law on to shadows of self and done with part 1

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

Yeah I'm half way through alloy of law now and just re reading the first trilogy just amazes me how he set everything up. Foreshadowing in chapter 1 of the first book to something in the final chapter of the last book was fun to read. Knowing all the twist you see all the clues he left.

There is always another secret lol
                  Yea I stopped midway through Shadow of Self and started the series over...I'm too lost.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yea I stopped midway through Shadow of Self and started the series over...I'm too lost.
                    Started over with alloy of law or the whole series?

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

Started over with alloy of law or the whole series?
                      Whole series, I'm about 50% through the final empire already.
                      sigpic

Comment

Whole series, I'm about 50% through the final empire already.
                        Nice wonder if I will catch what caused you to re read the whole series. I enjoyed the re read though

Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

Comment

Nice wonder if I will catch what caused you to re read the whole series. I enjoyed the re read though
                          It wasn't anything specific. (It was mainly the mention of a few characters from previous books) The specific area I backed up was about the middle of the book, I was slightly over 50%
                          sigpic

Comment

• So I finished The Final Empire, read part of Well of Ascension and then went back to Shadows of Self and finished it today...I'm really frustrated because IMO Shadows of Self was really slow building and just as I got to the climax of the book I really wanted it to not be over, I'm eager to see what happens next as I didn't see the twist at the end coming.

I'm going to go back and finish Well of Ascension and possibly Hero of Ages and then move on to Bands of Morning when it releases next month.
                            sigpic

Comment

So I finished The Final Empire, read part of Well of Ascension and then went back to Shadows of Self and finished it today...I'm really frustrated because IMO Shadows of Self was really slow building and just as I got to the climax of the book I really wanted it to not be over, I'm eager to see what happens next as I didn't see the twist at the end coming.

I'm going to go back and finish Well of Ascension and possibly Hero of Ages and then move on to Bands of Morning when it releases next month.
                              Yeah the twist at the end was great. Dang Brandon in creating villains that actually are good people in a bad spot lol.

But yeah looking forward to bands of mourning coming in a couple of months.

I will say it is fun reading the theories on 17th shard on what that metal was.

Plus looking forward to the comic that is coming I believe this upcoming summer. Cosmere related.

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

• And then went over to 17th shard again and found that he released chapter 1 of bands of mourning. And just like always it started great. Now stuck waiting till the end of January

Don't know why I torture myself doing that.

Adopted Broncos:
                                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                                Adopted posters:
                                Everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X