What books are you reading currently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Yeah the twist at the end was great. Dang Brandon in creating villains that actually are good people in a bad spot lol.

But yeah looking forward to bands of mourning coming in a couple of months.

I will say it is fun reading the theories on 17th shard on what that metal was.

Plus looking forward to the comic that is coming I believe this upcoming summer. Cosmere related.
    You mean next month. Not a couple. One...
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      You mean next month. Not a couple. One...
      I said couple some I still have to wait through almost a full 2 months. December just started and I believe it is at the end of January. Telling my self two months makes it easier because 1 month makes it seen closer than it is lol.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

• Gosh dangit...you shouldn't have told me the first chapter was out there...That was such a tease! I need more and I'm going to have to wait for it....Stupid Sanderson and his good writing...
        sigpic

Comment

Gosh dangit...you shouldn't have told me the first chapter was out there...That was such a tease! I need more and I'm going to have to wait for it....Stupid Sanderson and his good writing...
          I warned you lol.

Spoiler theories

But yeah such a tease and now I wonder how close the theories on another shard showing up are true. They say harmony is distracted plus a metal they don't know what it is makes me think this trilogy is going to climb in scale like the first one.

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

I warned you lol.

Spoiler theories

But yeah such a tease and now I wonder how close the theories on another shard showing up are true. They say harmony is distracted plus a metal they don't know what it is makes me think this trilogy is going to climb in scale like the first one.
            I think it's more than just a theory. At the end of the last book they mentioned Trell that and I think Osmodium is somehow involved. I'ts going to be interesting, really not looking forward to the wait. At least I've got the rest of my re-read to look forward to of the other books.
            sigpic

Comment

I think it's more than just a theory. At the end of the last book they mentioned Trell that and I think Osmodium is somehow involved. I'ts going to be interesting, really not looking forward to the wait. At least I've got the rest of my re-read to look forward to of the other books.
              Yeah Odium is one theory another is autonomy which I think is the shard from white sand. There are even theories it is Kelseir that is a splinter of ruin. Since harmony is a balance between preservation and ruin. And since preservation used some of its power in the people there wasn't a balance hence why there would be s little bit of ruin somewhere lol.

Christmas needs to get here so I can find out if I got any Barnes and Noble gift cards so I can get the rest of the books I'm missing lol.

Probably go finish up the book I was reading before jumping over to the re read.

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

Yeah Odium is one theory another is autonomy which I think is the shard from white sand. There are even theories it is Kelseir that is a splinter of ruin. Since harmony is a balance between preservation and ruin. And since preservation used some of its power in the people there wasn't a balance hence why there would be s little bit of ruin somewhere lol.

Christmas needs to get here so I can find out if I got any Barnes and Noble gift cards so I can get the rest of the books I'm missing lol.

Probably go finish up the book I was reading before jumping over to the re read.
                Odium...not sure where osmodium came from. I would highly recommend you start on the Lightbringer series before too long by Brent weeks. It's another really good series. The 4th and I believe final book is supposed to be out in 2016.
                sigpic

Comment

Odium...not sure where osmodium came from. I would highly recommend you start on the Lightbringer series before too long by Brent weeks. It's another really good series. The 4th and I believe final book is supposed to be out in 2016.
                  Yeah forgot about that one. Might hit that one up after band of mourning and calamity.

Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

Comment

• Reading Sixth of the Dust (sanderson Novella) I don't know if you've read it, but I am 99% sure that "the ones above" mentioned in the book are the Scadrians. Sanderson has confirmed that the book is set farther in the future than any other cosmere writing.
                    sigpic

Comment

Reading Sixth of the Dust (sanderson Novella) I don't know if you've read it, but I am 99% sure that "the ones above" mentioned in the book are the Scadrians. Sanderson has confirmed that the book is set farther in the future than any other cosmere writing.
                      I haven't read that one yet I'm waiting till Christmas and waiting to see if I get a gift card then I'm going to grab all the novellas that he has out.

But I know there is another continent on the southern side of the world and the two sides haven't met yet. But now I'm thinking you are referring to underground and up above that lol.

Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

Comment

I haven't read that one yet I'm waiting till Christmas and waiting to see if I get a gift card then I'm going to grab all the novellas that he has out.

But I know there is another continent on the southern side of the world and the two sides haven't met yet. But now I'm thinking you are referring to underground and up above that lol.
                        In the novella they are visited by a space faring race (they call them "the ones above")
                        sigpic

Comment

In the novella they are visited by a space faring race (they call them "the ones above")
                          Ah makes sense. I believe there is supposed to be a Sci-fi mistborn set in the future. The 4th trilogy now since wax and Wayne got their own lol.

But you should be happy I haven't told you about the storm light chapters that are out

To be fair I think I've only read one maybe of Kal. Had to force myself not to read to far ahead since it might be falling back to 2017.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

Ah makes sense. I believe there is supposed to be a Sci-fi mistborn set in the future. The 4th trilogy now since wax and Wayne got their own lol.

But you should be happy I haven't told you about the storm light chapters that are out

To be fair I think I've only read one maybe of Kal. Had to force myself not to read to far ahead since it might be falling back to 2017.
                            I started reading one of the ones with Jasna yesterday.
                            sigpic

Comment

• So been reading Tower Lord.

O and read Chapter 2 of Bands of Mourning <_<

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment