Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Where? I must read it!
    Go to tor.com and search through there headlines on that page to you find it. It came out on Monday and so did the last one so I'm checking Monday night to see if another chapter gets added lol.

Or follow my link

http://www.tor.com/2015/12/14/the-bands-of-mourning-chapter-two/

Also saw that the 4th book of brent weeks book is coming out layer November next year so I will probably start his books towards the end of summer.
    Last edited by #87Birdman; 12-17-2015, 01:30 PM.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

• http://www.tor.com/2015/12/21/excerp...chapter-three/

Just read chapter 3 of bands of mourning. And I swear he just loves leaving cliff hangers lol.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        http://www.tor.com/2015/12/21/excerp...chapter-three/

Just read chapter 3 of bands of mourning. And I swear he just loves leaving cliff hangers lol.
        At least you posted it this time lol...At this rate I may have half the book read. Not that I'm complaining. I'll keep reading a chapter a week if he'll let me.
        sigpic

Comment

At least you posted it this time lol...At this rate I may have half the book read. Not that I'm complaining. I'll keep reading a chapter a week if he'll let me.
          Yup and once it comes out I will end up rereading it to make sure they were the exact same chapters lol

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

• Just started Leviathan Wakes
            sigpic
            2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
            2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
            BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

• Reading the tower lord (book 2 of the raven song)

Got a gift card for Christmas and picked up the third book and 4 sanderson books so those will probably be on my list to read with bands of mourning and calamity still going to jump straight to the front when they come out.

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

• Just finished "The Girl on the Train" (Paula Hawkins) and now two chapters into "All the Light We Cannot See" (Anthony Doerr).
                --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

• I'm watching The Man in the High Castle right now, debating picking up the novel by Phillip K Dick. Not sure if I want to do that though and risk spoiling season 2 of a fantastic show.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I have a terrible habit of reading 4 things at once...right now I am finishing The Blinding Knife and The Grave Thief, I just started Besieged (Book 1 of The Outcast Chronicles) last night.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
                      I have a terrible habit of reading 4 things at once...right now I am finishing The Blinding Knife and The Grave Thief, I just started Besieged (Book 1 of The Outcast Chronicles) last night.
                      Such a good series! I've been trying to get Birdman to read it I love Brent Weeks!
                      sigpic

Comment

Such a good series! I've been trying to get Birdman to read it I love Brent Weeks!
                        I know I plan on it. Probably going to start reading comics again. With that series I almost want to wait til the final book is about to come out so I can read through them all.

I enjoyed his night angel series and have heard that one is even better do I plan to start it just debating when.

Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

Comment

I know I plan on it. Probably going to start reading comics again. With that series I almost want to wait til the final book is about to come out so I can read through them all.

I enjoyed his night angel series and have heard that one is even better do I plan to start it just debating when.
                          I would greatly debate the better than the night angel trilogy piece, but i love Brent's writing. (helps that he's a pretty awesome dude too at least he has been at his book signings) They are hard to compare to me though. I felt a bit more attached to the characters in the Night Angel trilogy, but feel like the world in the Lightbringer series is much more developed and fleshed out.

Since you both know the NA trilogy you'll be happy to know the my Fallout 4 character's name is Durzo Blint haha.
                          Last edited by 86Elwayfan; 12-30-2015, 12:59 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I would greatly debate the better than the night angel trilogy piece, but i love Brent's writing. (helps that he's a pretty awesome dude too at least he has been at his book signings) They are hard to compare to me though. I felt a bit more attached to the characters in the Night Angel trilogy, but feel like the world in the Lightbringer series is much more developed and fleshed out.

Since you both know the NA trilogy you'll be happy to know the my Fallout 4 character's name is Durzo Blint haha.
                            Nice. Yeah I can't comment on how good the two are haven't read the new series yet lol.

Have you read any of Brandon sanderson books? Just wondering haven't seen to many other fantasy/Sci-fi readers on here outside of Frey

Adopted Broncos:
                            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                            Adopted posters:
                            Everyone

Comment

Nice. Yeah I can't comment on how good the two are haven't read the new series yet lol.

Have you read any of Brandon sanderson books? Just wondering haven't seen to many other fantasy/Sci-fi readers on here outside of Frey
                              Can't say that I have...wasn't he involved with the Wheel of Time series at some point?? Any of his that you'd recommend?

FWIW i meant The Broken Eye not The Blinding Knife...got the titles of Books 2 and 3 screwed up in my head haha. (been doing a lot of book shelf arranging during the holidays haha)
                              sigpic

Comment

Can't say that I have...wasn't he involved with the Wheel of Time series at some point?? Any of his that you'd recommend?

FWIW i meant The Broken Eye not The Blinding Knife...got the titles of Books 2 and 3 screwed up in my head haha. (been doing a lot of book shelf arranging during the holidays haha)
                                Yeah he finished it once Jordan passed away. I think he did the last 2 or 3 of them.

As far as recommendations I would recommend his first mistborn trilogy. (Final empire, well of Ascension, hero of ages)

He I believe is one of the top fantasy writers out there currently. He puts out quite a bit of books. I think Frey just reads his cosmere books but he has other young adult books.

But I think the mistborn trilogy would be a good start.

Adopted Broncos:
                                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                                Adopted posters:
                                Everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X