No announcement yet.

What books are you reading currently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Art of Racing in The Rain, Garth Stein.

This is a must read if you've ever loved a dog, written from the dog's point of view. You will never look at your little buddy the same, what dogs must think about us explained so even a human can understand. You will recommend it to every dog lover you know.
    [sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
      A Bazaar of Bad Dreams - Stephen King
      I have to ask, how do you like it? I saw the video of him reading the one story I think it's called The Afterlife, but don't know any of the others.

Right now I'm reading The Wolves of Calla in the Dark Tower series. It's pretty good so far.
      sigpic
      Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
      You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
      You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
      Have It All - Blu3
      Conceited - Blu3
      Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
      All On You - Blu3

Comment

• Been doing a bunch of reading here lately. Finished the Zane halloway omnibus which is a collection of 6 short stories that tie together about an assassin and his apprentice. It was an enjoyable read and the length of a solid stand alone novel.

Also have read all the dc rebirth comics over the last couple weeks as they have come out. Have been impressed with how they have done the rebirth and hopefully they can continue.

Currently reading the first law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie which I tried once before but ended up stopping after a couple of chapters but have made it to part 2 already and it is okay but heard it was slow but picks up so giving it a chance.

Will be reading white sand graphic novel next week.

Going to have to start going back to bio life to keep my funds up for my reading habit. But will probably knock out some of my back log as I have several in there that could keep me busy. I think I have 12 dresden file books and the first 4 of a song of fire and ice.

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

• The Man in the High Castle. Just started it the other day, so far I'd have to say i am enjoying the read.
          sigpic

Comment

• F.A. Hayek, The Fatal Conceit. Just started it.
            sigpic

Comment

• sigpic
              2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
              2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
              BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                Have not read that one. Gaiman is an amazing author though. I've read American Gods, Anansi Boys, Coraline, Neverwhere, The Ocean at the End of the Lane (This one is AMAZINGLY good) and Stardust.
                sigpic

Comment

• Grunt: The Curious Science of Humans at War by Mary Roach
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Just finished a biography of Ringo Starr and now that Halloween is on the way it's time to break out some HP Lovecraft from my collection. First up is the 1927 short novel, "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward".

"There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

• On top of reading comics I'm going to start worm which is a Web series tow thing. I guess it is extremely long at 1.7 million words. Which according to the person who recommended it said it is longer than lord of the rings plus the hobbit plus all the harry potter books combined. So o should have some decent reading ahead. Plus it involves superheroes so what could go wrong lol.

Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

Comment

• The "Blood Ties" series
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Jim Marshall the Father of Loud: The Story of the Man Behind the World's Most Famous Amp
                          I really like Cheese.

Comment

• New Mexico Ghost Stories by Antonio Garcez, who also wrote Colorado Ghost Stories which I'll read eventually.

There is a lot of history and folklore that goes along with interviews of people who have experienced paranormal activity some of which is scary.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• "Home" by Harlan Coben
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Just finished re-reading the Eragon series by Christopher Paoloni. I need to find something else to read while waiting on either Brent Weeks or Brandon Sanderson to write a new book.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X