X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McSmashie
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Holy crap a smashie sighting! Love Phillip K Dick. It's amazing to me just how many of his books became hit TV shows, Movies, ect... He's one of the best Sci-Fi writers of the last generation.
    Yeh, PKD was a genius. Alot of his stuff is still thought provoking after all these years.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
    Wow, this thread is still going! Last one I read was a Philip K Dick collection called Electric Dreams. Some of the stories I had read before, some I hadn't. Good read, though.
    Holy crap a smashie sighting! Love Phillip K Dick. It's amazing to me just how many of his books became hit TV shows, Movies, ect... He's one of the best Sci-Fi writers of the last generation.

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Wow, this thread is still going! Last one I read was a Philip K Dick collection called Electric Dreams. Some of the stories I had read before, some I hadn't. Good read, though.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    So I just finished the 5 books that are currently out for the cradle series by will wight. Fun action filled series that are similar to anime or manga with a power creep main character.

Going to move on to another series by will wight with the travelers gate trilogy that is complete.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Bought the Divine Comedy, gonna be starting that soon.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Just finished off the black gate chronicles by Phil tucker and it was a great series. Knights, empires, magic, demons and other fantastical creatures, and magic items. Unique world with plenty of action driving the story forward.

Will have to put the red queen war and powder mage series on hold as I had to use the gift card for something else. So goingto drive back into the kindle unlimited selection to find a new series.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Originally posted by Foez View Post
    The Outsider. Stephen King's latest thrill. Just finished it and it was good. Very very good. One of the most intense books he has ever written...even up there with Misery.
    it was certainly hard to put down, got about 250 pages in the first day in a half... then fought a migraine for almost 5 days, today is my first day that has eased where I can easily read again, and I am sure I'll be finishing this book now today or tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Foez
    replied
    The Outsider. Stephen King's latest thrill. Just finished it and it was good. Very very good. One of the most intense books he has ever written...even up there with Misery.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    Yes that was the first set of books I read from him. I actually started it set it down for a few months and gave it another go. I'm very happy I did.
    He's a good writer. The Prism books weren't as good as his assassins books, but it's still better than 99% of the crap I read He's no Brandon Sanderson, but he's still a heck of a good writer.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    One of my favorites. His prism series is really good too (Though he needs to hurry up and conclude it)
    Yes that was the first set of books I read from him. I actually started it set it down for a few months and gave it another go. I'm very happy I did.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    I'm two books into Larry Niven's Ringworld series. Liking it so far.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkB View Post
    :thumb: It was good!

Now I'm starting The Wheel of Time series
    I really need to attempt toget back into that series. Started in high school and never got back into it and finished. Think I was somewhere around book 5 or 6.

Just finished the first 3 books and the novella of the black gate chronicles and starting 4 and have 5 ready to go after that. And with the gift card I got for my birthday thinking of picking up the powder mage trilogy and the red queen war trilogy.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    One of my favorites. His prism series is really good too (Though he needs to hurry up and conclude it)
    Awesome series! Enjoyed it a ton.
    :thumb: It was good!

Now I'm starting The Wheel of Time series

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    The Outsider - Stephen King

I started this today and I'm around 100 pages in, hard to put down. Have been mostly reading short stories for some time. Feels good to pick up a novel once in awhile.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Awesome series! Enjoyed it a ton.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X