What books are you reading currently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Finished broken empire trilogy last week and was a fairly enjoyable book. Jorg grew into a solid character so I would recommend this for anyone looking for a grim dark fantasy novel.

After that I started into kings of the wyld and just finished it. The 500 pages flew by as it was a quick moving book but extremely enjoyable. Follows a mercenary band that odd getting back together and going on an adventure. includes all the fantasy monsters you can think of Included in it also. Plenty of rock nods including them being called bands and getting gigs but overall a great book.

Now to think of which book to read next.
    As much as I enjoyed Broken Empire, The Red Queen's War books (takes place during the same world and time, but from the perspective of Jalan Kendeth) is a 100 times better.

While they run concurrently, you get a lot more story out of the second trilogy. And it is it's own separate story so while it does touch on some of the important events that happened in the Broken Empire series, it's a great stand alone series.

*Edit*....nevermind, I've already told you all this above ages ago.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 08-17-2017, 08:23 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Finished broken empire trilogy last week and was a fairly enjoyable book. Jorg grew into a solid character so I would recommend this for anyone looking for a grim dark fantasy novel.

After that I started into kings of the wyld and just finished it. The 500 pages flew by as it was a quick moving book but extremely enjoyable. Follows a mercenary band that odd getting back together and going on an adventure. includes all the fantasy monsters you can think of Included in it also. Plenty of rock nods including them being called bands and getting gigs but overall a great book.

Now to think of which book to read next.
      Depends on what you are in the mood for. I'm switching to Sci-fi for a few books I think, I'm all fantasied out currently.

I'm reading Pandora's Star by Peter F Hamilton. It's solid enough so far.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Canmore View Post
        The Dark Tower series. I've read it in bits and pieces numerous times, but only read it straight through twice. Seems relevant with the movie coming soon. I love, no, am enthralled by Roland's world. To me it compares to the Dune and Foundation trilogies.
        Just finished it myself! still haven't seen the movie....so worried the reviews were not good.

Now that im done with Roland Im starting the new Michael Crichton Novel Dragon Teeth.
        My wife and I are also in the middle of the Bourne series on audio book for road trips
        Last edited by dipablo; 08-17-2017, 08:42 AM.
        sigpic
        BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

• Just finished the first 3 Dresden files books and they got better with each book. Probably take a break from those for awhile and just picked up shadow ops control point by Myke Cole. Will try to finish it in the next week and a half before oathbringer comes out.

But I've had a fairly productive year in reading. Probably by far the most books I've done in a year already and still got 2 months left to add to the total.

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

• Pretty solid book, I'm almost done with this one and then if I have time I'll get to the second set of books in the series. If not, it's almost Oathbringer time!!!
            sigpic

Comment

• I started Rise of Empire today, doubt I finish it before I jump over to Oathbringer (which obviously takes priority here)

sigpic

Comment

• Just finished Myke Cole shadow ops control point which is his first novel and I thought it was good. The tag line of black hawk down meets X-Men I can agree with. It is a military fantasy which is about how the military essentially takes these people who develop powers and forces them into the military. So will probably continue the trilogy after oathbringer.

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Foez View Post
                  I have to ask, how do you like it? I saw the video of him reading the one story I think it's called The Afterlife, but don't know any of the others.

Right now I'm reading The Wolves of Calla in the Dark Tower series. It's pretty good so far.
                  I somehow missed this post from Foez, back when they posted.... so Foez, if you're still on the boards....I do remember I loved it, but can't say which was my favorite of the bunch without opening it up, since it's been awhile .... I am very much into short stories though. King has always been one of my favorite authors.... I collect him in hard cover, and have "The Wolves of Calla" but hadn't gotten to that one yet. Have you read all of the Dark Tower series? If so, what is your favorite from the series? If not, what did you think of "The Wolves of Calla?"

Last book I read recently was "The Gilded Age" by Mark Twain.... Not sure what it is about the classics, love those authors... currently reading "The Short Stories" of Earnest Hemingway....
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                  Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                  Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                  Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Finished oathbringer and just finished fortress frontier which were two enjoyable books and two different aspects of the fantasy genre. And going to start breech zone which is the final book of Myke Cole shadow ops trilogy.

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Just finished breach zone and now debating which direction I want to go in next.

Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

Comment

• Reading the rewinder trilogy and just finished the first book. Decided to join the kindle unlimited so all 3 books are free as part of the subscription. (Read the first book free with prime)

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

• After finishing the rewinder trilogy I finished the silent war trilogy. Now I'm onto iron gold which is the newest book in the red rising universe.

Adopted Broncos:
                            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                            Adopted posters:
                            Everyone

Comment

• Just started Grant by Ron Chernow. About 100 pages in. Fantastic read so far, I'm trying to pace myself so it'll last me at least a month.
                              A book I wrote

Comment

After finishing the rewinder trilogy I finished the silent war trilogy. Now I'm onto iron gold which is the newest book in the red rising universe.
                                oh hey, didn't know there was a new one. I'll have to snag that.

I'm reading the Terry Pratchett Diskworld books currently. It's a good read for anyone who enjoys stuff like Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's very similar only set in a fantasy setting rather than space.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X