Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What books are you reading currently?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    oh hey, didn't know there was a new one. I'll have to snag that.

    I'm reading the Terry Pratchett Diskworld books currently. It's a good read for anyone who enjoys stuff like Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's very similar only set in a fantasy setting rather than space.
    Yeah just came out today and if I remember correctly the next one is scheduled for the end of the year.




    Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

    Comment


    • Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
      Yeah just came out today and if I remember correctly the next one is scheduled for the end of the year.
      Yea, I snagged the audiobook today. I'll start listening on the way home from work tonight.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        Yea, I snagged the audiobook today. I'll start listening on the way home from work tonight.
        Got to say after reading the first few chapters I remember hire much I enjoyed this series and almost want to go reread it. But my to be rad pile is so large. Provably make time for a reread when the third book comes out since the next one (dark age) is scheduled for September of this year.




        Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

        Comment


        • Just finished iron gold and was a great read now to deal with the cliffhangers til September. Going to pick up lost lore next which is a collection of short stories which I will read while catching up on comics




          Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

          Comment


          • Been focused on reading a lot of leadership books and "personal development" style books lately. Reading this currently. Nothing super ground-breaking or mind-blowing, but is a reinforcement of things we all know but probably don't practice as often as we should.

            I definitely enjoy the excerpts and lessons learned via combat and how he is applying those to business:

            "Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win"

            Comment


            • Anyone read any of the Robin Hobb books?
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                Anyone read any of the Robin Hobb books?
                I've read the first trilogy (farseer)




                Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

                Comment


                • Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                  I've read the first trilogy (farseer)
                  I'm about to move on to the third book of the 3rd trilogy of that series.
                  sigpic
                  2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                    I'm about to move on to the third book of the 3rd trilogy of that series.
                    Series as in the Fitz books or the Elderlings series? The Fitz trilogies fall inside the Elderling series and I plan on starting the live ship series probably this summer.

                    The fantasy bingo on Reddit has slowed me down on reading multiple series by the same author as you can only use an author once on the board. I'm still going to read trilogies so I won't ever get the black out but I will have a bingo this year.




                    Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                      Just finished iron gold and was a great read now to deal with the cliffhangers til September. Going to pick up lost lore next which is a collection of short stories which I will read while catching up on comics
                      Just started Iron Gold :thumb:
                      sigpic
                      2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                      2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                      BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

                      Comment


                      • "Fly the W" A documentary about the Cubs World Series season
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                          Series as in the Fitz books or the Elderlings series? The Fitz trilogies fall inside the Elderling series and I plan on starting the live ship series probably this summer.

                          The fantasy bingo on Reddit has slowed me down on reading multiple series by the same author as you can only use an author once on the board. I'm still going to read trilogies so I won't ever get the black out but I will have a bingo this year.
                          Fitz series indeed.
                          sigpic
                          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                          Comment


                          • I'm reading "Open Tennis, the first twenty years" by Richard Evans.
                            It's a book from 1988 and I was inspired to revisit it after watching "Battle of the Sexes" as I wanted to discover more about Billie Jean King and the start of the Women's Tour.

                            Comment


                            • "Total Control" by David Baldacci. It was real interesting
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                              Comment


                              • Finished Iron gold and I enjoyed it. Going to have to do a reread of all the books later this year.

                                Now I'm starting The Name of the Wind
                                sigpic
                                2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                                2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                                BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X