Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Finished the Lorien Legacies first series. (7 books 15 novellas) Enjoyable series and a break from what I was reading. Some of the novellas were clearly a money grab as they didn't really add much and the story did tend to drag some. Probably could have been cut to fewer books but over all a fun read.

And just finished On The Shoulders of Titans which is the second book in a series. It is a LitRPG book that was okay. I enjoyed the first book more but will probably give the next book a try when it comes out in a couple years.

Now going to start on Phil tucker the path of flames.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkB View Post
    About to start The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks
    Awesome series! Enjoyed it a ton.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    About to start The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Leonardo da Vinci by Walter Isaacson based mostly on over 7000 pages of Leonardo's notebooks.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    I just finished up Elyasium Fire, it was solid. I'm reading a book called Good Guys by Steven Brust now.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Catching up on my comics but while out picked up 2 more graphic novels. White sands volume 2 by Brandon Sanderson, and sons of Aries a prequel to red rising. Looking forward to reading these.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    That is an excellent book, prepare to be amazed by how good the books that are out are, and then thoroughly disappointed by the long wait for the next book in the series.
    Finished it and The Wise Man's Fear, was amazed. Ttime to wait for the next. Now I'm reading A Time Of Dread by John Gwynne.

Btw is anyone going to read 'A Hero Born' by Jin Yong? It was just recently officially released in English for the first time. It's the best selling Chinese fantasy and has been marketed as the Chinese LOTR

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Finished the city of a thousand faces which was a decent adventure through an interesting world. Going to start the nation of madness which is book 2 of the duology.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Blackwing is done and it was a good book and looking forward to the second book in July. Book works as a stand alone and builds an interesting world.

Now I'm on to The City of a Thousand faces to hopefully knock out by the end of the month.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkB View Post
    Finished Iron gold and I enjoyed it. Going to have to do a reread of all the books later this year.

Now I'm starting The Name of the Wind
    That is an excellent book, prepare to be amazed by how good the books that are out are, and then thoroughly disappointed by the long wait for the next book in the series.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Just finished lost lore it had a slew of different stories ranging from 1 to 5 star. But overall out added a few books to my to be read list as a few of them pulled me in enough to find the stories they were About.

Next on my list though didn't come from there and it is blackwing.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    Finished Iron gold and I enjoyed it. Going to have to do a reread of all the books later this year.

Now I'm starting The Name of the Wind

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    "Total Control" by David Baldacci. It was real interesting

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied
    I'm reading "Open Tennis, the first twenty years" by Richard Evans.
    It's a book from 1988 and I was inspired to revisit it after watching "Battle of the Sexes" as I wanted to discover more about Billie Jean King and the start of the Women's Tour.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Series as in the Fitz books or the Elderlings series? The Fitz trilogies fall inside the Elderling series and I plan on starting the live ship series probably this summer.

The fantasy bingo on Reddit has slowed me down on reading multiple series by the same author as you can only use an author once on the board. I'm still going to read trilogies so I won't ever get the black out but I will have a bingo this year.
    Fitz series indeed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X