Getting a PS3 Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a PS3 Next Week

Ok, so as the thread title says, I'm getting my PS3 next week. However, it's only in my budget to get one game unless I find some incredible deals ($20-$30). I want something that will hold me over until the next paycheck, which is two weeks after this one. Unfortunately online play is not an option in my situation so I'd prefer not to have my first game be a fps.

Two games I've considered strongly are Little Big Planet (just seemed so fun when I played the demo) and MLB The Show 10 (I haven't played a good baseball game since MVP Baseball 2005). Would any of you recommend either of those games? Also I'm very open to other suggestions as well.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

I actually haven't played either of those games that you mentioned, but if you like baseball games, MLB The Show 10 sounds like something that could keep you occupied for a while.

I'd stay away from Madden '10, the graphics are great but the gameplay is anything but great.

I think you should look into getting Dead Space... it's one of the coolest games I've played in a while and you can get it for only 20 dollars. It's a survival horror game, if you liked games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill you'll probably like this one.

If you want an awesome PS3 exclusive game you should get Uncharted 2. Hands down one of the best games you can get for PS3. This is one of those games that will make you proud of owning a PS3.

Comment

God of War 3.

Comment

Battlefield Bad Company 2, great FPS, feels very much like war
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG View Post
          God of War 3.
          I actually haven't played this yet but my friend just let me borrow it the other day. He told me he was disappointed with how short the game was. Once I get all of my work out of the way this weekend I'm definitely going to give it a try, I'm excited.

Comment

I think if I go the God of War route I'll probably go with the pack that has the first two, then pick of the third later. Also, I would consider Battlefield Bad Company 2, but I've heard the story mode is shorter than the last one, and I beat the last one in like a week or so.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
              I think if I go the God of War route I'll probably go with the pack that has the first two, then pick of the third later. Also, I would consider Battlefield Bad Company 2, but I've heard the story mode is shorter than the last one, and I beat the last one in like a week or so.
              Arent the first two on PS2?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                Arent the first two on PS2?
                They re-released them on the ps3 in a double pack for $30. I've never played either so I figure I'll get that, and then get little big planet for $30 on amazon

sigpic

Comment

Honestly that's the route I would take. Pick up the God of War collection and LittleBigPlanet for 60 total. Then get God of War 3 after you beat the collection. God of War 3 is my favorite game of all-time.

Comment

How about the first Assassin's Creed? You can get it for $20 now and it's a great game.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                      How about the first Assassin's Creed? You can get it for $20 now and it's a great game.
                      I started playing the version on the 360... Just couldn't get into it for some reason

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                        I started playing the version on the 360... Just couldn't get into it for some reason
                        I think your best bet would be to go with the God of War collection and Little Big Planet. :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
                          I think your best bet would be to go with the God of War collection and Little Big Planet. :salute!:
                          That's what I'm leaning towards... Thanks for the initial suggestion of God of War

sigpic

Comment

I have Madden '10 but have only played it several times.
                            I'll sell it to you for $25.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                              I have Madden '10 but have only played it several times.
                              I'll sell it to you for $25.
                              haha thanks for the offer man, I already have it for my 360

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X