Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gran Turismo 5

Has there ever been a game that has taken as long as this one has to be released? I had been hearing July was going to be when it got released. Just now I looked on Amazon.com and it says November 1st 2010. As long as the Prologue has been out it may as well have been GT5, and what will truly be known as GT5 should be GT6, and really should just be mind blowing. Just my :2cents:
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

I don't understand it myself ... what could be taking so long?
    sigpic

Comment

Only thing I've heard about them moving it to November has to do with Sony releasing the ability for 3D gaming. I guess there will be a 3D version of this game bundled with a 3d tv as well. How much of this is true I have absolutely no clue.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
        I don't understand it myself ... what could be taking so long?
        Fixing bugs is the only thing I can think of. The creator said the game is done and can be released at any time. They released a demo in December, so I'm guessing it is to get the game perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
          Fixing bugs is the only thing I can think of. The creator said the game is done and can be released at any time. They released a demo in December, so I'm guessing it is to get the game perfect.
          I would sure hope that after this long that the game is absolutely perfect and glitch free.

sigpic

Comment

It's more that the game's producer is a absolute perfectionist - He actually raced at the 24 hours of Nurburgring in a Lexus IS-F, and afterwards, he reworked the model of the track because TREES weren't in the exact position that they should be in.

Even the graffiti that exists on the track is updated as to its most current 'status'

I have a place in my heart for this game; i learned how to drive from the original gran turismo, which came out when i was like 15. It came with this huge instruction book that actually had racing philosophy and techniques, and I was working with my dad the day I got it. I was pretty impressionable then, especially towards cars, and must've read thru that book 20 times before actually playing.

This version is gonna be huge, it's being called the signature game for the PS3, I just hope they sort out the rules for the fools online. If anyone has GT5: Prologue and raced online, I'm sure you're familiar.
            sigpic

Comment

I'd rather them take long to release it, making the game bug and glitch free, then to release it too soon with glitch galore and no patch. Gran Turismo 2 on PSX is probably my favorite racing game ever made. Me and my cousin used to play that on 2 players from day to night. I think the real release date in November 2nd but that may be a little off. I just skipped GT5, I figured I'd rather wait for the real game to come out so I won't have 2 of essentially the same game.

Comment

I'd rather them take long to release it, making the game bug and glitch free, then to release it too soon with glitch galore and no patch. Gran Turismo 2 on PSX is probably my favorite racing game ever made. Me and my cousin used to play that on 2 players from day to night. I think the real release date in November 2nd but that may be a little off. I just skipped GT5, I figured I'd rather wait for the real game to come out so I won't have 2 of essentially the same game.

They should build up hype for Gran Turismo 6 and package it with the Playstation 4. We all know it's coming.

Comment

They totally redid the engine after the released the prologue game. Thats taken the longest. Should be here soon. But the longest release goes to Duke Nukem Forever for sure.
                  sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

I've definitely been itching to get my hands on this game lately... It's almost here! I'm half tempted to get a steering wheel for my PS3 as well... lol

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                      They totally redid the engine after the released the prologue game. Thats taken the longest. Should be here soon. But the longest release goes to Duke Nukem Forever for sure.
                      LMAO!!!

I read on Yahoo a few months back about a dude that still has it pre-ordered at some game place. He put his $10 in and has just "left it riding" for when/if it ever comes out.

Found it.

Will this gamer ever be collecting the pre-order he placed in 2001?

Answer: probably not. His $10 deposit was placed on Duke Nukem Forever, a first-person shooter that, after being in continuous development for an unprecedented 12 years, was suddenly canceled yesterday.

Duke Nukem, a once-iconic blond-haired all-American action hero, with a fondness for catchphrases like "It's time to kick *** and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum," was the star of a hit string of games in the 1990s. His creators, 3D Realms, used him to help pioneer the first-person shooter genre, paving the way for modern hits like Halo and Call of Duty.

Ten years ago, Duke Nukem Forever was expected to become just as big a hit as those did. But constant delays -- the game's release date was originally intended to be in 1998 -- caused it to become something of a running joke, topping Wired magazine's annual Vaporware Awards list for seven years out of eight.

Almost unbelievably, the 3D Realms team apparently continued constant work on the game, releasing occasional teaser-style screenshots and trailers, until the company abruptly ran out of money and folded yesterday with what we imagine to be the loss of numerous jobs.

As Guardian games writer Steve Boxer told the BBC, "It would have been nice to see another Duke Nukem game, but given they had more than 12 years it's just incompetence of the highest order...Sadly, Duke Nukem Forever was the most aptly named title in the history of games. Now, it's just Duke Nukem Never."

Duke Nukem Forever's publishing rights remain with Take-Two, but it's not yet clear if the publisher will allocate it to a new team. Given that it's already been 12 years, they could be forgiven for wanting to forget the whole sorry saga. We wish "Slash000" the best of luck in getting a refund.
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Not really sure why I'm surprised, but it's been delayed once again... Fantastic

sigpic

Comment

Game is in the printing stages of production... still no release date but it sounds like the release date will be revealed tomorrow (today?) So close I can almost taste it!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                            Game is in the printing stages of production... still no release date but it sounds like the release date will be revealed tomorrow (today?) So close I can almost taste it!
                            I read that it's delayed until 2011. Meaning we probably won't get a release until January at the soonest. I honestly don't think it'll be here until February or March, based on what I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                              I read that it's delayed until 2011. Meaning we probably won't get a release until January at the soonest. I honestly don't think it'll be here until February or March, based on what I've heard.
                              they said it would be out out before the holidays
                              sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Working...
                              X