Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clash of the Titans

OHHHHHHHHH BOY>>>>

On my way out the door with the Family to see it right now!
    Can't wait.....
    sigpic

Its out today?!
    sigpic

Comment

I just read some reviews and they arent so good. But oh well Im going to go see it today anyway.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh, Perseus, ...

... did Danae know what was in the shower of gold when she bathed in it during her confinement?

Grandfather Acrisius attempted to avoid the Olympian discus in vain.

Your murder of Medusa mercifully ended her unjust punishment for being ravished in Athena's sanctuary. Thus was Pegasus spawned by Poseidon's blood.

Benvenuto Cellini has immortalized you in bronze for all in Firenze to see.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
          I just read some reviews and they arent so good. But oh well Im going to go see it today anyway.
          Yeah man.....
          It wasn't what I thought it would be! So far the only movie (FOR ME) that lived up to anticipation this year, was Avatar. Well Hurt Locker did as well, but really I heard so much about Avatar, and it all worked out for me!

They took a classic story, and twisted all up. Some of the dialogue.....(vomit). Also, something about the 3D. It really wasn't 3D, so I felt cheated.

It wasn't horrible, but I give it a B- to a C+....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParkHill-71 View Post
            Yeah man.....
            It wasn't what I thought it would be! So far the only movie (FOR ME) that lived up to anticipation this year, was Avatar. Well Hurt Locker did as well, but really I heard so much about Avatar, and it all worked out for me!

They took a classic story, and twisted all up. Some of the dialogue.....(vomit). Also, something about the 3D. It really wasn't 3D, so I felt cheated.

It wasn't horrible, but I give it a B- to a C+....
            Thanks for not ruining it, but bringing my expectations down a notch.

That will probably help. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
              Thanks for not ruining it, but bringing my expectations down a notch.

That will probably help. lol.
              Yeah man...I hope I dont ruin it for anyone. When I want to go see a movie, I go...I hope everyone is like that.......

Who knows Lord, you may love it.....lol...all a matter of taste...
              sigpic

Comment

The trailer looked terrible I don't see how people are so amped up to see this when it's just another average action flick.

Comment

Full disclosure, after I posted my reply to Lordtry.....
                  I went upstairs and my 6 year old daughter said, she liked the original better.

Mind you, we have only recently been able to get her to sit through a whole movie...lol...
                  Last edited by ParkHill-71; 04-02-2010, 03:27 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParkHill-71 View Post
                    Also, something about the 3D. It really wasn't 3D, so I felt cheated.
                    I think I read that it was filmed in 2D first and the 3D was added afterwards. Thats probably why it looked bad.
                    LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                    Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

Originally posted by HurricaneDovs View Post
                      I think I read that it was filmed in 2D first and the 3D was added afterwards. Thats probably why it looked bad.
                      Yeah, Ebert said that was what a lot of people's issues were... he said it looked fantastic in 2D

Comment

Originally posted by HurricaneDovs View Post
                        Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                        Yeah, Ebert said that was what a lot of people's issues were... he said it looked fantastic in 2D
                        It never looks great when they do that. The only good 3D movies are the ones filmed 3D.

Alice in Wonderland was horribly tough to watch in 3D and it was really distracting from the film.

Avatar really ruined 3D for every other movie. It would be hard to top what they did with that movie.
                        sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

I saw it and DO NOT see it in 3D, its just another one of those movies with the 3D added later on which makes it look terrible, thats why I saw it in 2D.

Anyways, it was decent. Actually the best part was the preview for "The Expendables" Stallone, Arnie, AND Bruce Willis. whoa
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                            well, i think people are terribly misinformed about this film from the trailer. The trailer makes it look better than it will be (I haven't seen it yet, but as some around her know... I'm good at this...lol).

You can't expect an incredible REMAKE (strike 1 and 2 already) from a guy whose only other directing credits are Transporter 2 (horrible franchise) and The Incredible Hulk (the "redo" that the studio screwed up and pissed Norton off by doing so).

nor can you expect much from writers who brought us The Tuxedo, Aeon Flux, Bug and some other films that aren't worth anything from the other writer.

so this is a shame because the cast is rather decent, with Worthington having proved his...worth, already and Fiennes and Neeson among the cast as well.

I'll still see it...but I haven't been expecting an amazing film. you never should do such a thing when a remake is involved.
                            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I Love the Movie

Seen it several times. One of my favorite movies growing up.

Oh, wait, you are talking about the remake because Hollywood doesn't want to hire original writers and come up with new material, right?

No interest whatsoever in that farce.

"Fight, and fulfill your destiny!"

Bubo the Owl, Calibos, Medusa, the 3 Stygian Witches.

Gotta love the movie - just not this remake.
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
                              X