Clash of the Titans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw it last night and enjoyed it.

In general, without having seen it, I would have warned anyone who gets picky about the story matching the previous makes and or the original mythology...

Having seen it, and not being the sort to care about that... I enjoyed it. Thank you very much. lol. Too bad it wasn't made for 3D. I didn't watch it in 3D, and will definitely look for whether or not something was made for 3D before going to see it, based on what I've heard about this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
      I saw it last night and enjoyed it.

In general, without having seen it, I would have warned anyone who gets picky about the story matching the previous makes and or the original mythology...

Having seen it, and not being the sort to care about that... I enjoyed it. Thank you very much. lol. Too bad it wasn't made for 3D. I didn't watch it in 3D, and will definitely look for whether or not something was made for 3D before going to see it, based on what I've heard about this movie.
      Good Deal....you liked it.
      I was rather solidified in my opinion of it, after again my six year old daughter with no provocation came out and said she liked the original version....lol..
      For as much money as I spent, I wanted to like it more, but it just wasn't there.

The fam and I sat down and downloaded the original version off PS3 at a time when I couldnt rent it, and it wasnt at blockbuster a few weeks back. I remember my moms wanted to spend a day with us as kids, and kept us home from school one friday to go see it! Which was big, because, I had to be nearly dead to miss school.......So yeah, I am a little biased between the two films! My expectations were too high, and for once, I didnt read any reviews before going to see it!

Oh well, to each their own! I stand by my C+ B- grade on it....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParkHill-71 View Post
        Good Deal....you liked it.
        I was rather solidified in my opinion of it, after again my six year old daughter with no provocation came out and said she liked the original version....lol..
        For as much money as I spent, I wanted to like it more, but it just wasn't there.

The fam and I sat down and downloaded the original version off PS3 at a time when I couldnt rent it, and it wasnt at blockbuster a few weeks back. I remember my moms wanted to spend a day with us as kids, and kept us home from school one friday to go see it! Which was big, because, I had to be nearly dead to miss school.......So yeah, I am a little biased between the two films! My expectations were too high, and for once, I didnt read any reviews before going to see it!

Oh well, to each their own! I stand by my C+ B- grade on it....
        That's fair... I don't think it was an A+ by any means... it was very enjoyable... I'd say B+ MAYBE A-... so we're not really that far apart... and I had lower expectations going in.

I heard a few bad reviews going in, so I was able to make a last minute adjustment to my expectations. I probably would have enjoyed it anyway, but that always helps.

Comment

I saw it in 2D. I hate 3D anyway. It looked pretty good in 2D

I've never seen the original so maybe that helped, but I enjoyed this. It wasn't the best but it was a nice way to kill a few hours *shrugs*
          sigpic

Comment

This movie was a pretty epic fail IMO.

(Caution a little spoilers)
            Not a whole lot of fight scenes except ones against the huge monsters which I did not find too interesting. Really the only parts I liked is when he fought that mutant guy thingy after he busted out of Medusas cave. And they should have gotten better actors for the main characters like Perseus, and made him more of a likeable character that I feel close to and want him to win.(For instance, Spiderman or the dude from 300) I didn't feel a connection between the characters or the characters relationship with his immortal girlfriend thing.
            Last edited by Bernie24; 04-05-2010, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
              I saw it in 2D. I hate 3D anyway. It looked pretty good in 2D

I've never seen the original so maybe that helped, but I enjoyed this. It wasn't the best but it was a nice way to kill a few hours *shrugs*
              O

M

G

!

You have never seen the original? It is old school, cheesetastic sci-fi at its finest!

Someone hack this girls Netflix que and put the original in the #1 spot asap!
              sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

When I was a young kid there was three movies that I believed ruled all Conan the Barbarian, Flash Gordon, and Clash of the Titans. My uncle had a beta machine and he had these three movies and I watched them over and over and over.

I really wish someone would remake Flash Gordon and do it right. I'm kinds scared about Clash of the Titans.

Comment

I've seen the remake. I am not going to elaborate how I saw it though

First I will say I have spoilers. I will put the spoilers in WHITE. So that those that do not want to see it do not HAVE to see it (unless they quote me or rollover).

First off, I am going to say (as I did earlier) that I LOVE the original. So, I have to judge this film based off of the original.

The extremely basic story is the same. Though a lot has been changed.

Perseus is the son of Danae and Zeus. The difference is, that in the original (and Greek mythology) she was doomed to be a virgin for all eternity. Her father, Acrisius saw to that. Zeus snuck in and impregnated her. Acrisius grew angry and wished to slay them by casting them to the sea but Zeus intervened and killed Acrisius. At least, in the original. (Greek Mythology differs in Acrisius' death)

This movie, instead Acrisius is Danae's husband. How a father marries his own daughter is beyond me though (I assume they completely ignored that fact). Acrisius does NOT die and becomes Calibos in the remake. Calibos has nothing to do with Acrisius other than that they both share an enemy (Perseus). So, right off the bat, I am not happy with the beginning. Further, at the beginning it claims that the Kraken was a creation of Hades ... even though it is a creation of Poseidon. Hades is basically Satan in this film (I suppose that the creators decided to blend Christianity with Greek mythology and assume that the underworld is Hell and that Olympus is Heaven - Zeus).

Perseus goes on his quest to save Andromeda who is doomed to the Kraken by Hades. The setting is now Argos as opposed to Joppa. Athena's owl Bubo makes an extremely brief cameo just for the heck of it to try and make fans of original happy (same Bubo from original). On Perseus' adventure he comes across Djinn (whose very presence makes no sense whatsoever - Djinn are from Zoroastrianism and as such have a Middle Eastern appeal). Ok, enough spoilers. As you can see I did not like it one bit.
                  Last edited by Charlie Brown; 04-05-2010, 10:59 PM.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                    When I was a young kid there was three movies that I believed ruled all Conan the Barbarian, Flash Gordon, and Clash of the Titans. My uncle had a beta machine and he had these three movies and I watched them over and over and over.

I really wish someone would remake Flash Gordon and do it right. I'm kinds scared about Clash of the Titans.
                    There was a Flash Gordon TV series on a few years ago.
                    sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

I'm going to see it tonight with some friends before we go out tonight, looking forward to it, I loved the original, I was about 7 when I first saw it and it was by far in large my favourite movie at that age.

I don't have high expectations, should help.

Plus going to see it in 3D, might make it sucky...

Comment

Well took a while to post but whatever.

3D was so meaningless, I took my glasses off reguarly to see what it was like, nothing special at all.

The film itself was okay, it wasn't the worst thing to hit the screens by a long shot, but I got bored in the middle. They didn't need to mess up the story so much, it was a classic, just leave it. (SPOILER IN WHITE The disgustingly brief and gimmicky cameo of Bubo was just sad. I think I was the only one in the theater to be upset by that though

All in all, it was okay, 6/10 at the very highest, too much messing with the story, Charlie Brown's post can only be echo'd by myself.

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post

Dont be worried. Its an ok film, I prefer the original film over this one 95% of the time. However I think the ending in this one (2010) is a bit better (Story/Characters).
                          SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X