Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie/TV Title Game.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

    Million Dollar Baby (2004)

    This sports drama film directed, co-produced, scored by and starring Clint Eastwood from a screenplay written by Paul Haggis, based on short stories by F.X. Toole, the pen name of fight manager and cutman Jerry Boyd. It also stars Hilary Swank and Morgan Freeman. The film follows Margaret "Maggie" Fitzgerald (Swank), an underdog amateur boxer who is helped by an underappreciated boxing trainer (Eastwood) to achieve her dream of becoming a professional.

    This is a very good movie. I will confess, the latter part of it was a little too painful for me to watch.
    The Six Million Dollar Man (1974–1978)

    After a severely injured test pilot is rebuilt with nuclear-powered bionic limbs and implants, he serves as an intelligence agent.

    Stars: Lee Majors, Richard Anderson, Martin E. Brooks, Lindsay Wagner


    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

    Comment


    • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

      The Six Million Dollar Man (1974–1978)

      After a severely injured test pilot is rebuilt with nuclear-powered bionic limbs and implants, he serves as an intelligence agent.

      Stars: Lee Majors, Richard Anderson, Martin E. Brooks, Lindsay Wagner

      Brewster's Millions (1985)

      This is a comedic novel written by George Barr McCutcheon in 1902, originally under the pseudonym of Richard Greaves.

      The plot concerns a young man whose grandfather leaves him $1 million in a will, but a competing will from another relative requires he must spend the $1 million in the first year or forfeit a $7 million inheritance from the other relative.

      There have been many adaptations of the book, but I believe the most well known version was the movie made in 1985, starring Richard Pryor and John Candy. Two of my fav comedians!

      Of course the 1985 version involves a whole lot more money, $300M total if $30M is spent in 30 days, and a number of plot changes.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	1564.jpg?cb=1375776559.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	8407901

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

        Brewster's Millions (1985)

        This is a comedic novel written by George Barr McCutcheon in 1902, originally under the pseudonym of Richard Greaves.

        The plot concerns a young man whose grandfather leaves him $1 million in a will, but a competing will from another relative requires he must spend the $1 million in the first year or forfeit a $7 million inheritance from the other relative.

        There have been many adaptations of the book, but I believe the most well known version was the movie made in 1985, starring Richard Pryor and John Candy. Two of my fav comedians!

        Of course the 1985 version involves a whole lot more money, $300M total if $30M is spent in 30 days, and a number of plot changes.
        One Million Years B.C. (1966)

        Prehistoric man Tumak is banished from his savage tribe and meets pretty Loana, who belongs to a gentler coastal tribe but he must fight caveman Payto to win her favors.

        Stars: Raquel Welch, John Richardson, Percy Herbert, Robert Brown





        ^Those prehistoric hair salons were a lot more advanced than anthropologists realize!

        Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

        Comment


        • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

          One Million Years B.C. (1966)

          Prehistoric man Tumak is banished from his savage tribe and meets pretty Loana, who belongs to a gentler coastal tribe but he must fight caveman Payto to win her favors.

          Stars: Raquel Welch, John Richardson, Percy Herbert, Robert Brown





          ^Those prehistoric hair salons were a lot more advanced than anthropologists realize!
          One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - 1975

          This psychological comedy-drama, was based on the 1962 novel of the same name by Ken Kesey. The film stars Jack Nicholson as Randle McMurphy, a new patient at a mental institution, and features a supporting cast of Loise Fletcher, Will Sampson, Danny DeVito, Sydney Lassick, William Redfield, as well as Christopher Lloyd and Brad Douriff in their film debuts.

          The film was the second to win all five major Academy Awards (Best Picture, Actor in a Lead Role, Actress in a Lead Role, Director and Screenplay). It is still considered as one of the greatest films ever made.

          The personal dynamics within this story are very gripping, given Nicholson's character was a criminal avoiding hard labour by getting transferred to a mental institution. His presence is very good for most of the patients, but not so with the head nurse. This show has significant highs and lows, and I strongly recommend, after all these years. Nicholson's genius as an actor shines through.

          Click image for larger version  Name:	one%20flew%20over%20the%20cuckoo's%20nest%20poster.jpg Views:	0 Size:	301.7 KB ID:	8408008
          Last edited by CanDB; 02-16-2022, 10:55 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

            One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - 1975

            This psychological comedy-drama, was based on the 1962 novel of the same name by Ken Kesey. The film stars Jack Nicholson as Randle McMurphy, a new patient at a mental institution, and features a supporting cast of Loise Fletcher, Will Sampson, Danny DeVito, Sydney Lassick, William Redfield, as well as Christopher Lloyd and Brad Douriff in their film debuts.

            The film was the second to win all five major Academy Awards (Best Picture, Actor in a Lead Role, Actress in a Lead Role, Director and Screenplay). It is still considered as one of the greatest films ever made.

            The personal dynamics within this story are very gripping, given Nicholson's character was a criminal avoiding hard labour by getting transferred to a mental institution. His presence is very good for most of the patients, but not so with the head nurse. This show has significant highs and lows, and I strongly recommend, after all these years. Nicholson's genius as an actor shines through.

            Click image for larger version Name:	one%20flew%20over%20the%20cuckoo's%20nest%20poster.jpg Views:	0 Size:	301.7 KB ID:	8408008
            One California Day-
            • Released: 2008
            • Directed by: Jason Baffa, Mark Jeremias



            One California Day is a 2007 documentary film about surfing shot in six coastal regions in California. Directed by Mark Jeremias and Jason Baffa, the film looks at the experience of California


            Comment


            • Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

              One California Day-
              • Released: 2008
              • Directed by: Jason Baffa, Mark Jeremias



              One California Day is a 2007 documentary film about surfing shot in six coastal regions in California. Directed by Mark Jeremias and Jason Baffa, the film looks at the experience of California

              Groundhog Day - 1993

              A fantasy comedy film directed by Harold Ramis, with a screenplay by him and Danny Rubin. It stars Bill Murray, Andie MacDowell, and Chris Elliott. Murray portrays Phil Connors, a cynical television weatherman covering the annual Groundhog Day event in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, who becomes trapped in a time loop, forcing him to relive February 2nd repeatedly.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	latest?cb=20070702023949.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	8408781

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                Groundhog Day - 1993

                A fantasy comedy film directed by Harold Ramis, with a screenplay by him and Danny Rubin. It stars Bill Murray, Andie MacDowell, and Chris Elliott. Murray portrays Phil Connors, a cynical television weatherman covering the annual Groundhog Day event in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, who becomes trapped in a time loop, forcing him to relive February 2nd repeatedly.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	latest?cb=20070702023949.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	8408781
                The Longest Day (1962) Epic war film about D-Day landings in Normandy based on the book by Cornelius Ryan with a large cast of stars including: John Wayne; Henry Fonda; Robert Mitchum; Sean Connery; Eddie Albert; Curd Jurgens; Richard Todd; Richard Burton; Peter Lawford; Rod Steiger; Robert Ryan; Steve Forrest; Stuart Whitman; Jeffrey Hunter; Sal Mineo; Roddy McDowall, etc.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

                  The Longest Day (1962) Epic war film about D-Day landings in Normandy based on the book by Cornelius Ryan with a large cast of stars including: John Wayne; Henry Fonda; Robert Mitchum; Sean Connery; Eddie Albert; Curd Jurgens; Richard Todd; Richard Burton; Peter Lawford; Rod Steiger; Robert Ryan; Steve Forrest; Stuart Whitman; Jeffrey Hunter; Sal Mineo; Roddy McDowall, etc.
                  Ferris Bueller's Day Off - (1986)

                  Teen comedy starring Matthew Broderick, Mia Sara, and Alan Ruck. It tells the story of a high school slacker who skips school for a day in Chicago and regularly talks directly talks to the audience to explain his techniques and inner thoughts.

                  This was a very popular, highly acclaimed movie, and for my money, significantly raised Broderick's status as a performer.

                  And it gave us all a new meaning for making sure our cars were always in "park" when not occupied.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	x2VTixZvBCU3HWYNVD9Xe8vZsia.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	8409910

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                    Ferris Bueller's Day Off - (1986)

                    Teen comedy starring Matthew Broderick, Mia Sara, and Alan Ruck. It tells the story of a high school slacker who skips school for a day in Chicago and regularly talks directly talks to the audience to explain his techniques and inner thoughts.

                    This was a very popular, highly acclaimed movie, and for my money, significantly raised Broderick's status as a performer.

                    And it gave us all a new meaning for making sure our cars were always in "park" when not occupied.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	x2VTixZvBCU3HWYNVD9Xe8vZsia.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	8409910
                    Another Day in Paradise
                    • Released: 1999
                    • Directed by: Larry Clark



                    In the 1970s, teen Bobbie (Vincent Kartheiser) supports his drug habit and his girlfriend, Rosie (Natasha Gregson Wagner), with petty crime. When one such job gets ugly, Bobbie looks to seasoned.........

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

                      Another Day in Paradise
                      • Released: 1999
                      • Directed by: Larry Clark



                      In the 1970s, teen Bobbie (Vincent Kartheiser) supports his drug habit and his girlfriend, Rosie (Natasha Gregson Wagner), with petty crime. When one such job gets ugly, Bobbie looks to seasoned.........
                      Death in Paradise British/French crime drama tv series in its eleventh season
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

                        Death in Paradise British/French crime drama tv series in its eleventh season
                        I Love You to Death - (1990)

                        A dark comedy starring a great cast featuring Kevin Kilne, Tracey Ullman, River Phoenix, William Hurt, Keannu Reaves and Joan Plowright.

                        The screenplay by John Kostmayer is loosely based on an attempted murder that happened in 1983, in Allentown, Pennsylvania, where Frances Toto repeatedly tried to kill her husband, Anthony. She spent four years in prison for attempted murder and was released in 1988.



                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                          I Love You to Death - (1990)

                          A dark comedy starring a great cast featuring Kevin Kilne, Tracey Ullman, River Phoenix, William Hurt, Keannu Reaves and Joan Plowright.

                          The screenplay by John Kostmayer is loosely based on an attempted murder that happened in 1983, in Allentown, Pennsylvania, where Frances Toto repeatedly tried to kill her husband, Anthony. She spent four years in prison for attempted murder and was released in 1988.


                          Death on the Nile (2022) mystery based on 1937 Agatha Christie novel directed by Kenneth Branagh and starring Tom Bateman, Annette Bening, Kenneth Branagh, Russell Brand, etc.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

                            Death on the Nile (2022) mystery based on 1937 Agatha Christie novel directed by Kenneth Branagh and starring Tom Bateman, Annette Bening, Kenneth Branagh, Russell Brand, etc.
                            Love And Death - 1975

                            This comedy was written and directed by Woody Allen. It is a satire on Russian literature starring Allen and Diane Keaton as Boris and Sonja, Russians living during the Napoleonic Era who engage in mock-serious philosophical debates.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                              Love And Death - 1975

                              This comedy was written and directed by Woody Allen. It is a satire on Russian literature starring Allen and Diane Keaton as Boris and Sonja, Russians living during the Napoleonic Era who engage in mock-serious philosophical debates.



                              Death Note
                              A high school student named Light Turner discovers a mysterious notebook that has the power to kill anyone whose name is written within its pages, and launches a secret crusade to rid the world of criminals.

                              https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1241317/



                              Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 04-11-2022, 01:20 PM. Reason: cause......

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post



                                Death Note
                                A high school student named Light Turner discovers a mysterious notebook that has the power to kill anyone whose name is written within its pages, and launches a secret crusade to rid the world of criminals.

                                https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1241317/


                                Murder by Death - 1976

                                A comedy mystery film directed by Robert Moore and written by Neil Simon. The film includes Eileen Brennan, Truman Capote, James Coco, Peter Falk, Alec Guinness, David Niven, Peter Sellers, and Maggie Smith.

                                The plot is a broad parody or spoof of the traditional country-house whodunit, familiar to mystery fiction fans of classics.



                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X