X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Movies of 2012.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni2280924/

Same bat channel, new bat time.

Warner Bros. isn't about to let little detals like no title, no production start date and no locked-down plot stop it from setting up a tentpole, as the studio today announced a July 20, 2012, release date for the third installment of the rebooted Batman franchise.

Christian Bale will be back in the cowl under the direction of Christopher Nolan.

With the release date now set, Nolan is currently hashing out a story for the Dark Knight followup, which already faces some steep competition. Also headed to the big screen in 2012: The Avengers (May 4), Battleship (May 25), Star Trek 2 (June 29), and what will likely be the Bat's biggest competition: the Spider-Man reboot's reboot (July 3).

Comic geeks, get ready.

Battleship? A movie based on the board game Battleship? :brick:
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

lol i just posted this in that two year old thread where that guy thought he knew more about movies than me.

i haven't looked into Battleship yet, but yikes... also why would the third Batman's biggest competition be a movie that is a restart of a restart? granted, lots of people will-for some ungodly reason-go see it... but yikes.
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

It's not just Battleship. They are making a Monopoly film and just today I read about a movie based on the Magic 8 ball. Not even jokinghttp://www.aintitcool.com/node/44863

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Downboy View Post
        It's not just Battleship. They are making a Monopoly film and just today I read about a movie based on the Magic 8 ball.
        i heard about the monopoly one.... yikes... i don't even get how they are going to pull that off lol.

Life would be a funny movie to watch, watching some poor bastard get his trailer destroyed by a tornado and then he has to start over after a mid-life crisis even though he was a movie star and had written a Pulitzer-Prize winning novel and cured cancer.
        sigpic

Comment

What really weirds me out about Monopoly is the fact Ridley Scott is attached to it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Downboy View Post
            What really weirds me out about Monopoly is the fact Ridley Scott is attached to it.
            oh that is weird... it's going to be like Wall Street meets Body of Lies or something lol
            sigpic

Comment

I would think that Avengers would most likely be Bat3's biggest competition of the summer.

I mean the Spider-man reboot isn't even cold yet, and people are still torqued off about how lame Spidey3 was.

What makes anyone think that folks are ready for a new Spidey series?

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                I would think that Avengers would most likely be Bat3's biggest competition of the summer.

I mean the Spider-man reboot isn't even cold yet, and people are still torqued off about how lame Spidey3 was.

What makes anyone think that folks are ready for a new Spidey series?
                cant wait till the Avengers i have reallly high hopes for that... as for Spidey i cant believe they are rebooting it it hasnt even been that long since the 3rd one came out or even the 2nd....

the Spidey series is still in peoples mind so whatever this reboot does it better be the best reboot anyone has ever watched....

Comment

I'm actually pretty pumped to see Robin Hood.

Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe is a winning combination.
                  A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post

I want to see that so bad! It's going to be awesome
                    sigpic

Comment

except A Good Year... lol *** was that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Something that has always kind of made me go about Robin Hood is the tagline.

"Before Sherwood Forest".
                        And yet by everything ive seen in the previews all of the stuff is the normal Robin Hood story. Wouldnt "Before Sherwood Forest" be his time during the Crusades?
                        LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                        Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

Originally posted by HurricaneDovs View Post
                          Something that has always kind of made me go about Robin Hood is the tagline.

"Before Sherwood Forest".
                          And yet by everything ive seen in the previews all of the stuff is the normal Robin Hood story. Wouldnt "Before Sherwood Forest" be his time during the Crusades?
                          That is a great point.
                          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                          sigpic

Comment

Ironman 2 Is #1 expectantly but didn't break the all-time box office winning opening in the Dark Knight two years ago. But managed $133M this weekend!

Comment

Any info one the Spiderman Movie? Like who's playing who? Obviously I hated the 3rd one, hopefully this will be an improvement.

Avengers should be sick! Can't wait for that. Also, what happened to the X-Men Origins series? I know the Wolverine one got mixed reviews (i liked it), but I thought they had a few other stories lined up

Comment

Working...
                              X