No announcement yet.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaining about camping is these games is stupid. Shouldn't strategy be at least somewhat part of the game? Aren't these supposed to be like war simulators? Isn't realism part of the experience? In a real war people don't go running through the streets with knives and shotguns jumping around like retards, they find cover and strategically move forward gaining ground. I think the game is funner(never played Black Ops but have played MW and MW2 a ton) when people use real life strategies.

Comment

• Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
      Complaining about camping is these games is stupid. Shouldn't strategy be at least somewhat part of the game? Aren't these supposed to be like war simulators? Isn't realism part of the experience? In a real war people don't go running through the streets with knives and shotguns jumping around like retards, they find cover and strategically move forward gaining ground. I think the game is funner(never played Black Ops but have played MW and MW2 a ton) when people use real life strategies.
      If you want a game with real strategy, and tactical team work, try MAG. Much more realistic than any CoD. You actually have to split up into squads and small teams, to win. And the 259 man battle is as realistic as you can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
        Complaining about camping is these games is stupid. Shouldn't strategy be at least somewhat part of the game? Aren't these supposed to be like war simulators? Isn't realism part of the experience? In a real war people don't go running through the streets with knives and shotguns jumping around like retards, they find cover and strategically move forward gaining ground. I think the game is funner(never played Black Ops but have played MW and MW2 a ton) when people use real life strategies.
        Exactly. Nothing is wrong at all about camping. If people do not like "campers" in War Games then they should eliminate the sniper class immediately. Snipers are known for hiding in one location and sniping at their enemies from a distance and relocating to a new sniping location when needed.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
          Exactly. Nothing is wrong at all about camping. If people do not like "campers" in War Games then they should eliminate the sniper class immediately. Snipers are known for hiding in one location and sniping at their enemies from a distance and relocating to a new sniping location when needed.
          there is no problem with snipers, its when someone sits in a dark room on top of or behind a box where you cant even see the gun and are near impossible to hit yet they can shoot at you

or people who lay down in the middle of nowhere, i wish they would take laying down out of the game like they did in battlefield
          sigpic
          -------

Comment

Actually they should take out sniper on Black Ops, it's almost pointless, none of the maps are snipe maps, nobody uses the sniper rifle, and camping is not done by snipers, but a dudes sitting in a corner, it's not technically a camp unless the person never moves, but if that person juts happened to walk into a room and saw you, it's not camping.

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
            there is no problem with snipers, its when someone sits in a dark room on top of or behind a box where you cant even see the gun and are near impossible to hit yet they can shoot at you

or people who lay down in the middle of nowhere, i wish they would take laying down out of the game like they did in battlefield
            Thats a bad idea, not laying down is one of battlefields weak points, laying down is pretty cool, and it helps. I'm not a camper, but I don lay down in tall grasses for like 2mins, I move after 1 kill. Campers don't move.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

You don't understand the concept of camping. Camping isn't just a guy with a sniper in one location. They're people who use zero strategy, and only settle around an area where the enemy can't see them, and they usually set some kind of claymore or mine to protect their blind side.
              Last edited by Amari24; 11-25-2010, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                You don't understand the concept of camping. Camping isn't just a guy with a sniper in one location..
                Exactly, most people think when we say camping, we are talking about a sniper.
                In MW1-2 maybe, but not Black Ops, you rarely see a person with a sniper rifle.

You can camp with a pistol, do people it no, but you can.
                Hell I've seen a guy with the Ballistic Knife just camping, waiting to stab a person.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  Exactly, most people think when we say camping, we are talking about a sniper.
                  In MW1-2 maybe, but not Black Ops, you rarely see a person with a sniper rifle.

You can camp with a pistol, do people it no, but you can.
                  Hell I've seen a guy with the Ballistic Knife just camping, waiting to stab a person.
                  That's a staple in Halo.. people camp behind corners with Energy swords..

In Crysis people cloak theirselves, and just chuck gernades from the same vantage point.

Killzone, people just grab an RPG, go to a high platform, and just shoot rockets all over the map, with a mine covering the door way just incase.

Comment

That's a staple in Halo.. people camp behind corners with Energy swords..

In Crysis people cloak theirselves, and just chuck gernades from the same vantage point.

Killzone, people just grab an RPG, go to a high platform, and just shoot rockets all over the map, with a mine covering the door way just incase.
                    Camping is in all games, some just have more than other, but Call of Duty gives you chance to get back at that camper, when I get killed by a camper, I watch the kill cam to see where he at, then I go on a hunt for him.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• I just fell in love with the most cheap gun in the game: the G11.

With the low power scope on it, that thing is super powerful and insanely accurate even at super far distances.

The Stoner is also a nice fully automatic gun!

Comment

• Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                        ya that is the worst level by far for it but i understand because its so small, other levels dont have an excuse though ill spawn in an literally click run and be shot from behind
                        they should just get rid of the barricade so we can use the whole map ( not just the 2 houses)
                        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

You don't understand the concept of camping. Camping isn't just a guy with a sniper in one location. They're people who use zero strategy, and only settle around an area where the enemy can't see them, and they usually set some kind of claymore or mine to protect their blind side.
                          Sounds like pretty good strategy to me!!

I'm a new player to this type of game, usually I tend to stay away from FPS!

I picked up Black Ops and I can tell you I have more fun trying to find a location where I can't be seen, post up and wait for people to run up on me then I do if I run blindly through the streets and shoot everything that moves.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post

I picked up Black Ops and I can tell you I have more fun trying to find a location where I can't be seen, post up and wait for people to run up on me then I do if I run blindly through the streets and shoot everything that moves.
                            You're like me. There's only a handful of FPS I'll ever play, and CoD isn't one of them. But for me, I just play the game how it's ment to be played.

Staying in one spot and hoping someone comes is as boring as it gets. Not to mention you're also making yourself a huge target because kill cam will show your location to the person you killed, and they'll just find you anyways.

I say Crysis is the only game where staying put is the best option, and that's mainly due to your ability to cloak yourself for a pretty decent amount of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post

I just think any way of playing that, if used by everybody, results in nobody dying, is just dumb. You don't need to run blindly shooting anything that moves to play the game if you aren't camping.

In general I just can't stand campers. It doesn't take any skill to just sit there staring at a doorway or strip of road waiting for somebody to run so you can unexpectedly pop them in the chest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                                I just think any way of playing that, if used by everybody, results in nobody dying, is just dumb. You don't need to run blindly shooting anything that moves to play the game if you aren't camping.

In general I just can't stand campers. It doesn't take any skill to just sit there staring at a doorway or strip of road waiting for somebody to run so you can unexpectedly pop them in the chest.
                                exactly, ill sit in an area at some points to mainly to use killstreaks and such

but people who lay down in doorways or sit in a corner piss me off, no skill whatsoever is required

on a side note this guy is probably the best player ive ever seen play
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALi1L...eature=channel
                                sigpic
                                -------

Comment

Working...
                                X