Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    I'm just talking FPS here.

You said yourself that the story in these generation FPS aren't it's strong points. I thought the same thing years ago about Halo. I didn't care about the story but the single player was amazing, same thing with Halo 2. I tried to play Halo 3 and I didn't understand anything, so I had to go back and replay and read about Halo 1-2 again. So in a way your point is invalid. FPS can produce good storyline's and Halo is one of them. I'll admit, with Killzone 2, I understood everything perfectley, without playing Killzone 1 (PS2). So that means it's probably not as story driven.

CoD's storyline has been done a million times before, so why should I care about it while I'm enjoying the game?

Now if I'm playing a game like Mass Effect, or Uncharted, then absolutley, I care about the storyline. But when you play a FPS it's not the same thing anymore.

Just for future reference, I'll list all the consoles I own. 360, PS3, Dreamcast, Atari, Genesis, and a PSP. More than half the consoles I own are able to connect online, And those are the PSP, Dreamcast, 360, and PS3.

Also about the Warzone feeling, you can get high off of that by playing Killzone with the volume all the way up on surround sound.

I agree Halo isn't as warbased driven as those games, but it does things differentley, since you are fighting aliens and not human beings. Also Crysis's graphics and sound, puts MW2's to shame. You should play that before you say MW2 is the most realistic in graphics and sound.

Playing games on hard is also a way to get a realistic feel. Play Halo on legendary and you'll be dead in a few shots, much like real life. Depending on where you get shot, one bullet isn't enough to kill a human being, sometimes it takes 2-3 shots like in CoD/Halo on their Hard difficulties.

But to get back to the topic at hand. It's all just personal taste really. I grew up in the times where we didn't have online, and we played in our rooms with cousins in firends on 2-4 players. Which makes me primarily an offline gamer, I really don't play online unless I feel I have to, in order to enjoy the game. War for Cybertron is one of them. Playing that game alone is pointless, your AI buddies don't do jack, so that's one game that I always do 3 player co op.

As for Black ops, I'm going to pass and wait for Killzone and Crysis, which won't be here for a while. I think Black ops will be just like WaW, doesn't look that impressive to me.

Hey, people argue over Pepsi and Coke, so why can't we argue over entertainment?
    I'll take a Coke Pepsi upsets my tummy.

Anyway. I DO need to play those games you've mentioned. I need to get out and rent more. I guess i can use the "too busy" excuse. but in my case i have friends who all buy the same games i do and then it's fun to play on line.

i'm like you (i think most of us are), we grew up before all of this nonsense. i was actually going to use CoD as an example of how me and my buddies used to lose countless hours of sleep in one of our friends' dorm rooms playing, taking turns because you can only have four players.

i for one prefer that (minus the fact that having a quarter of the screen sucks lol) but games are moving away from that sadly.

i do expect Black Ops to be basically the same as MW1, 2 and the last few CoD's... but eh. i like that kind of thing and again, a lot of my buddies will probably get it and play it. we're pretty much done with MW2 at this point. you know, once you prestige and such.

i argue all of these points, yet i haven't touched MW2 for over a month lol. but to be fair i haven't played a video game in that time (minus yesterday when i played NCAA for maybe 20 minutes).

i think i tend to get in a mode where i go with safe bets. i've had so many fails at branching out and buying new games that i'm tired of wasting money on games i didn't like. Heavy Rain is a perfect example. what a HUGE disappointment. in fact i never even finished it. they had a good idea going... but there's hardly any gameplay and when there is they make you do ridiculous crap just to open a car door. if i wanted to watch a kidnapper thriller i'd put in Ransom or Man On Fire or something lol.

i'm hoping from what i saw from the trailers and the special on Spike that the reboot of Medal of Honor will be sick.

i see what you're saying about campaign and story. but to me a good campaign has a good story with lots to do...maybe that's what FPS lack. it's streamlined and you can't really branch off and go explore or anything.

i dunno. i like them. lol

i didn't think this would draw such a giant debate haha.
    Last edited by RealBronco; 10-03-2010, 02:27 PM.
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
      I'll take a Coke Pepsi upsets my tummy.

Anyway. I DO need to play those games you've mentioned. I need to get out and rent more. I guess i can use the "too busy" excuse. but in my case i have friends who all buy the same games i do and then it's fun to play on line.

i'm like you (i think most of us are), we grew up before all of this nonsense. i was actually going to use CoD as an example of how me and my buddies used to lose countless hours of sleep in one of our friends' dorm rooms playing, taking turns because you can only have four players.

i for one prefer that (minus the fact that having a quarter of the screen sucks lol) but games are moving away from that sadly.

i do expect Black Ops to be basically the same as MW1, 2 and the last few CoD's... but eh. i like that kind of thing and again, a lot of my buddies will probably get it and play it. we're pretty much done with MW2 at this point. you know, once you prestige and such.

i argue all of these points, yet i haven't touched MW2 for over a month lol. but to be fair i haven't played a video game in that time (minus yesterday when i played NCAA for maybe 20 minutes).

i think i tend to get in a mode where i go with safe bets. i've had so many fails at branching out and buying new games that i'm tired of wasting money on games i didn't like. Heavy Rain is a perfect example. what a HUGE disappointment. in fact i never even finished it. they had a good idea going... but there's hardly any gameplay and when there is they make you do ridiculous crap just to open a car door. if i wanted to watch a kidnapper thriller i'd put in Ransom or Man On Fire or something lol.

i'm hoping from what i saw from the trailers and the special on Spike that the reboot of Medal of Honor will be sick.

i see what you're saying about campaign and story. but to me a good campaign has a good story with lots to do...maybe that's what FPS lack. it's streamlined and you can't really branch off and go explore or anything.

i dunno. i like them. lol

i didn't think this would draw such a giant debate haha.
      Medal of Honor defintley looks good. I think you'd like Killzone, especially if you like CoD. But I HIGHLY recommend playing Crysis. It's basically a gorilla warfare free roam game. It kinda reminds me of the Predator, because you can make your guy invisible using a cloaking device and you can take enemies out one by one, by choking them to death, or using a traditional stealth kill. The first game took place on a huge island and it was only on PC. I'm not really that huge of a FPS guy, mainly because your limited to the predesigned paths the devs put in, making most of them the same. But Crysis is different because it's pretty much the only FPS that's free roam as well.

Crysis 2 will be on PS3, 360, and PC, and this time it takes place in NYC. You can also jump on walls and do baseball slides to get to cover, those wern't in Crysis 1 btw. Also it's graphics are so crisp and beautiful they'll put you in awe. My computer wasn't capable of running Crysis at Max (only on Med-High) and the game still looked amazing. Here's a pick of Crysis on max settings.

Not to mention your character looks like a complete badass
      Last edited by Amari24; 10-03-2010, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Crysis 2 will be a downgrade in graphics since its being bottle necked by consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by TheQBGuru View Post
          Crysis 2 will be a downgrade in graphics since its being bottle necked by consoles.
          Not it won't. If you have a good PC that's capable of running it on at least high, then they'll still look the same. The console versions will still look better than all FPS anyway.

Make Crysis 1's high settings, Crysis 2's Max settings and it will still be the best looking FPS to date.
          Last edited by Amari24; 10-03-2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Medal of Honor defintley looks good. I think you'd like Killzone, especially if you like CoD. But I HIGHLY recommend playing Crysis. It's basically a gorilla warfare free roam game. It kinda reminds me of the Predator, because you can make your guy invisible using a cloaking device and you can take enemies out one by one, by choking them to death, or using a traditional stealth kill. The first game took place on a huge island and it was only on PC. I'm not really that huge of a FPS guy, mainly because your limited to the predesigned paths the devs put in, making most of them the same. But Crysis is different because it's pretty much the only FPS that's free roam as well.

Crysis 2 will be on PS3, 360, and PC, and this time it takes place in NYC. You can also jump on walls and do baseball slides to get to cover, those wern't in Crysis 1 btw. Also it's graphics are so crisp and beautiful they'll put you in awe. My computer wasn't capable of running Crysis at Max (only on Med-High) and the game still looked amazing. Here's a pick of Crysis on max settings.

Not to mention your character looks like a complete badass
            ah see that's why i never played it. i don't play PC games. not that i wouldn't. just don't. i don't have a high powered desktop comp for one.

that would make sense why you prefer Crysis over most console FPS. in fact most PC games are amazing in graphics (given you have a good enough card etc) and have more memory for more stuff.

but i'd agree with you that just because it's on a console doesn't mean it's limited. as i said before the PS3 and Xbox these days are borderline PC-worthy at this point.

i'll check out Crysis 2 for sure though. the character reminds me of one of the game pieces for Risk 2210
            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Never liked Halo, but love my rented copy of Reach

But, Halo Story>MW story IMO.

But i perfer CoD Multiplayer, cause i rock at it =)

Anyways, BO is gonna be legit =)

BTW
              youtube.com/snsnation
              Sub if you like the Vids, P.S., theyre MW2

Comment

Call of Duty Black Ops

Pretty cool so far I'm really liking the money system. Only had a couple of chances to play a few rounds of multiplayer and a quick round of zombies(new map is soooo hard) though.

For those who have bought it what do you guys think?

This CoD takes the best of both worlds from the last two I like it a lot.(Zombies, multiplayer) also they fixed a lot of the stupid things that made people camp.(Killstreaks no longer count for killstreaks for instance)

Sorry if there's another thread about this I didn't see one.

Comment

I'm picking it up after work today. I can't wait to play MP without killstreaks.

I feel like I'm really just buying this to play MP, because I'm betting the SP will take only 8 hrs or so...

So how does the cash system work? Do you just play games, rack up kills, and use the points earned to buy weapons?
                  Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah by getting kills and completing challenges you get a certain amount of money for each. Also im pretty sure you get money when you win a match as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                      I'm picking it up after work today. I can't wait to play MP without killstreaks.

I feel like I'm really just buying this to play MP, because I'm betting the SP will take only 8 hrs or so...

So how does the cash system work? Do you just play games, rack up kills, and use the points earned to buy weapons?
                      A CoD game with an 8 hour campaign is rare.

Comment

A CoD game with an 8 hour campaign is rare.
                        Well it's MW2 only took about 8-10 hrs to beat the campaign.

I'm just saying I can't help but look at this like a really expensive Counter-Strike game, since I think most people will be buying this game for the MP rather than the campaign.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                          Well it's MW2 only took about 8-10 hrs to beat the campaign.

I'm just saying I can't help but look at this like a really expensive Counter-Strike game, since I think most people will be buying this game for the MP rather than the campaign.
                          That's all it is really. I beat MW1 in less than 8 hours, and I didn't even bother trying to beat MW2, played it over my cousin's though. But if I spend $60 bucks on a game, I want more than just a multiplayer experience. I roll with Crysis and Halo, as they have great and lengthy campaigns, as well as great multiplayers. CoD isn't worth a $60 price tag.

Comment

That's all it is really. I beat MW1 in less than 8 hours, and I didn't even bother trying to beat MW2, played it over my cousin's though. But if I spend $60 bucks on a game, I want more than just a multiplayer experience. I roll with Crysis and Halo, as they have great and lengthy campaigns, as well as great multiplayers. CoD isn't worth a $60 price tag.
                            You're absolutely right.

Unfortunately, I'm still willing to pay the full $60 for this awesome multiplayer game, haha. :brick:
                            sigpic

Comment

What do you mean Killstreaks doesnt count for killstreaks?

And is there hardcore capture the flag?

Comment

Originally posted by l BRONCOS l View Post
                                What do you mean Killstreaks doesnt count for killstreaks?

And is there hardcore capture the flag?
                                There's a game mode where Killstreaks are disabled, thus meaning nobody can call in a helicopter, airstrike, UAV, or things like that.

I don't know anything about hardcore CTF tho...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X