No announcement yet.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anyway to check my overall KDR??

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      That's all it is really. I beat MW1 in less than 8 hours, and I didn't even bother trying to beat MW2, played it over my cousin's though. But if I spend $60 bucks on a game, I want more than just a multiplayer experience. I roll with Crysis and Halo, as they have great and lengthy campaigns, as well as great multiplayers. CoD isn't worth a $60 price tag.
      Heres a review from IGN
      Black Ops Review

The artificial intelligence of both your friendly soldiers and the enemies you face is pretty poor. Both friendly and enemy soldiers behave like fools for most of the campaign. I once watched a friendly shoot the back of an armored car that he was using for cover for a solid 20 seconds.

There are also a few design flaws and annoyances, not least of all was a game-ending bug in the first level that made me restart the entire mission. No one else in the office ran into that one, but everyone who'd played Black Ops has run into a major design issue at the Battle of Khe Sanh. The mission never tells you what to actually do and even misdirects you.

Despite these issues, I really enjoyed the story that the campaign presents and I think it's the best of the series. The characters are well-crafted and the plot rarely disappoints.
      The game cost $50 here. I'll be getting it today or tomorrow.

Comment

If anybody wants to play some MP, my Live ID is DoomTrooper11.
        Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
        sigpic

Comment

getting it tomorow after school
          sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

It's not worth 60 dollars? I guess that's why its expected to be the best selling game of all time or whatever it is.

Comment

I'm not getting it.
              It's the same story length 7-8 hours. You beat it in one day, all it is is more multiplayer.

Besides I've already played a cold war era game, a much better, funnier story.
              Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                I'm not getting it.
                It's the same story length 7-8 hours. You beat it in one day, all it is is more multiplayer.

Besides I've already played a cold war era game, a much better, funnier story.
                Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
                You guys do realize you can play campaign once

and you can play multiplayer...thousands of times and it's still fun.

Bad Company was an awful game btw I rented it, sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post

I love multiplayer, but a game needs more than just that.
                  Bad Company had a good, not great story, but it also had a horrid multiplayer.
                  Cod has good multiplayer, but a not so good story. If you have played all the Cod games, you would notice they seem the same, in they don't last long.

Now I will likely buy the new Cod game next year, but Black Ops is a past, even IGN gave it a 8.5. Cod fanboys think it's the best game ever, but thats a bias comment from them.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    I love multiplayer, but a game needs more than just that.
                    Bad Company had a good, not great story, but it also had a horrid multiplayer.
                    Cod has good multiplayer, but a not so good story. If you have played all the Cod games, you would notice they seem the same, in they don't last long.

Now I will likely buy the new Cod game next year, but Black Ops is a past, even IGN gave it a 8.5. Cod fanboys think it's the best game ever, but thats a bias comment from them.
                    I still think cod4 is the best.

But to say this game isn't worth buying I disagree. Zombies, great multi, and okaay campaign I like it a lot. Plus the improvements in Multi are nice.

Comment

I still think cod4 is the best.

But to say this game isn't worth buying I disagree. Zombies, great multi, and okaay campaign I like it a lot. Plus the improvements in Multi are nice.
                      Modern Warfare is my favorite war game.(other than Mass Effect & Halo)
                      Zombies is gonna get old, every game has multiplayer.
                      Other than the lack of killstreaks, it's not too far from MW2 multi.
                      IMO it's a pass, buy done the line game.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I haven't played campaign, but multiplayer is a mixed bag.

The servers suck. Bad. Modern Warfare 2 seems like a dream in matchmaking. I have spent more time in the waiting room than in actual games by far. The only plus is that parties don't break up if the party host backs out.

The soundtrack sounds like it was made by Hanz Zimmer

I like the killstreaks and how you have to buy and earn the guns/perks/equipment.

Comment

Also i forgot to add, I play a game for it's campaign, I like online, it's fun.
                          But I prefer campaign, I love a good story, in you son't play it once. I've played every Halo game story more than twice. I've MW1 & MW2 story at least 3 times, and well I'm still playing Mass Effect.
                          The only game out there, where you only play once, is Assassins Creed.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Oh, if you want a fun minigame, at the main menu, use the right stick to look down at your hands. Press the left and right triggers until you break out. Then go over to the computer and put in "doa".

It is hilarious.

Comment

Really? I LOVE Battlefield. Have over 200 hours in the multiplayer. COD I have a love hate relationship with. It seems if you don't have a perfect 4 bar connection you are at a disadvantage due to the lack of dedicated servers. Overall Black Ops is better than MW2 so far.
                              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                                Really? I LOVE Battlefield. Have over 200 hours in the multiplayer. COD I have a love hate relationship with. It seems if you don't have a perfect 4 bar connection you are at a disadvantage due to the lack of dedicated servers. Overall Black Ops is better than MW2 so far.
                                Bad Company combined humor with action, CoD is just action.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X