No announcement yet.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Company 2 multiplayer is fun as hell IMO.

I look at the campaign in games like these as a training/brush up session before playing the multiplayer.

I won't be buying this game anytime soon. I just refuse to pay $60 for any game. I don't care how great it is.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      That's all it is really. I beat MW1 in less than 8 hours, and I didn't even bother trying to beat MW2, played it over my cousin's though. But if I spend $60 bucks on a game, I want more than just a multiplayer experience. I roll with Crysis and Halo, as they have great and lengthy campaigns, as well as great multiplayers. CoD isn't worth a $60 price tag.
      no game is worth $60, period.

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
      I haven't played campaign, but multiplayer is a mixed bag.

The servers suck. Bad. Modern Warfare 2 seems like a dream in matchmaking. I have spent more time in the waiting room than in actual games by far. The only plus is that parties don't break up if the party host backs out.

The soundtrack sounds like it was made by Hanz Zimmer

I like the killstreaks and how you have to buy and earn the guns/perks/equipment.
      not this one... Zimmer did score MW2 however. but some other guy did Black Ops. but if you recognize some of the voices... that's because they're pretty famous. Topher Grace, Ed Harris and Gary Oldman to name a few.
      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

if this game would have been billed as being made by infinity ward no one would blink, treyarch has gotten a bad name, and they earned it, but this game is great

screw the haters, this is as fun as mw1 and 2
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
          if this game would have been billed as being made by infinity ward no one would blink, treyarch has gotten a bad name, and they earned it, but this game is great

screw the haters, this is as fun as mw1 and 2
          For me it's not just Treyarch, i will not lie. If infinity ward made it, i might try in get it, but I have a beef with all CoD games. Cod is a run in shoot type game, i'm more of a tactics war gamer.(Tom Clansey)
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
            For me it's not just Treyarch, i will not lie. If infinity ward made it, i might try in get it, but I have a beef with all CoD games. Cod is a run in shoot type game, i'm more of a tactics war gamer.(Tom Clansey)
            very true , i also loved the rainbow six series
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
              very true , i also loved the rainbow six series
              Yep, Rainbow Six is one of my favorite Tom Clansey games.
              In games like that, you actually have to do real work, not just aim you gun in shoot. Then again, thats why Ubisoft will always be better than Activision.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

im enjoying this game, one thing that strikes me is how quiet it is, active kill streaks are cool, and i love how kill streaks dont count towards each other, havent seen much camping because of that. still pissed about the lie down and shoot tactic....dive to prone is a lame gimmick, hacker perk is cool

Favorite things so far in multiplayer

-cool maps
                -cool set-up for player
                -cool system for buying weapons
                -contract system is cool
                -upgrades are fun
                -limited camping
                -noob toobs arent near as prevalent
                -no quick scope BS
                -shoutguns are a primary weapon
                -big kill streaks like chopepr gunner are few and far between...its hard for peopel to get 9-11 kills without camping....

OH and attack dogs rock...its 11 kills which is hard as crap to do....i got one in a care package last night and the dogs killed like 12 guys...pretty cool...haha

oh and zombies is fun as well....gotta love the zombies....any one know how to turn the power on though in the first level???? haha

Comment

So far the Campaign is pretty damned fast-paced and a lot of fun. I'm playing it on Hardened, and there have been some spots that really frustrated me. Sometimes there's a spot that has a seemingly endless supply of enemies that have near perfect aim (when reaching around a corner and blind firing) and kill me in two shots flat.

Of course your buddies in your squad are damned near worthless, and don't even give you the courtesy of drawing any fire, the enemy ALWAYS aims for you. Also, the checkpoints are pretty few and far between sometimes, especially during the endless bad guy areas. It's infuriating to go through and kill hundreds of soldiers, go really really far from a checkpoint, then die from a random grenade, just to have to start ALL OVER again.

Anyway, the jury is still out on the multiplayer. You have to buy every little thing, which is a good and a bad thing. It's great because in the other CoD games, I just needed an M-16 and a Red Dot sight, and I'm good to go. I was able to quickly buy that, but the guns seem to shoot a little different this time around (it might just be in my head, but it's not a big deal because everybody eventually adjusts to it).

I started by playing normal deathmatch, and found that every level I was in (with a couple of exceptions) seem WAYY to big for only 8 players. I found myself wandering around aimlessly a lot, not finding anybody, only to run into some B-assed camper hiding somewhere completely random. You'll seriously go for a minute or so without seeing anybody get any kills, because they can't seem to find anybody, so they resort to camping. Eventually people just leave the game, and therefore leave only like, 3 people in there, searching for eachother. That gets really irritating.

They did get rid of some really lame perks, like the Commando perk. They also got rid of the Stopping Power perk, so it makes me have to re-think my gun choices.

So far it's still a little too early for me to tell if this is better than MW or MW2, but at the moment I'm liking MW2 a little bit more after playing this.

I'm sure once I get the hang of this a little bit better, my opinion might change.

Anyone know what the SR-71 does?
                  Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                    no game is worth $60, period.
                    How is no game worth $60? I played MW2 for over 350 hours. That's 17 cents per hour of fun.

I played Halo 3 for over 500 hours. That's 12 cents per hour of fun.

When you look at the cost of going to a 2 hour movie at a theater, or even renting a 2 hour movie, good multiplayer games or long singleplayer games (Fallout, Mass Effect, Oblivion, etc.) are 100000% worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                      Anyone know what the SR-71 does?
                      The SR was semi-auto in Socom I think.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                        Yep, Rainbow Six is one of my favorite Tom Clansey games.
                        In games like that, you actually have to do real work, not just aim you gun in shoot. Then again, thats why Ubisoft will always be better than Activision.
                        Not in terms of sales.

There's a reason CoD is more popular. It's because most people disagree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                          The SR was semi-auto in Socom I think.
                          No, sorry I should've been more specific.

There's a killstreak (in my case, I got it in a care package) that calls in an SR-71 Blackbird.

I didn't see what it did because the game ended soon after I called it in.

EDIT: I just looked it up. It's an advanced UAV that cannot be shot down. It shows the enemy location, and what direction they're facing. It lasts for about a minute. It's an 8KS.
                          Last edited by DoomTrooper; 11-10-2010, 10:57 AM.
                          Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                          sigpic

Comment

Does this game remind anyone else of the game Black? Just played the first level. I see alot of similarities.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                              No, sorry I should've been more specific.

There's a killstreak (in my case, I got it in a care package) that calls in an SR-71 Blackbird.

I didn't see what it did because the game ended soon after I called it in.

EDIT: I just looked it up. It's an advanced UAV that cannot be shot down. It shows the enemy location, and what direction they're facing. It lasts for about a minute. It's an 8KS.
                              It's not a UAV.
                              It's a 1960's reconnaissance/NASA test plane. It the fastest plane air plane on earth, with the power to reach mach 4-5. On test flights, it went from NY to London in 2hrs 30mins.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                                Not in terms of sales.

There's a reason CoD is more popular. It's because most people disagree with you.
                                Thats because people like walk in the park games.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X