Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    It's not a UAV.
    It's a 1960's reconnaissance/NASA test plane. It the fastest plane air plane on earth, with the power to reach mach 4-5. On test flights, it went from NY to London in 2hrs 30mins.
    Thank you, I know perfectly well what the REAL SR-71 Blackbird was.

I was talking about what function it had in the video game Call of Duty: Black Ops in Multiplayer mode. It turns out it functions as an advanced UAV.
    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
      Thank you, I know perfectly well what the REAL SR-71 Blackbird was.

I was talking about what function it had in the video game Call of Duty: Black Ops in Multiplayer mode. It turns out it functions as an advanced UAV.
      Even more reason for why I pass on it.
      It's a unaccurate war game.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

All war games are inaccurate.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            All war games are inaccurate.
            Yeah at a point, but most get things like guns and vehicles right. So basically, what I'm saying is, there vehicles are inaccurate.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Yeah at a point, but most get things like guns and vehicles right. So basically, what I'm saying is, there vehicles are inaccurate.
              Its a GAME. lol

The SR71 Blackbird super high performance recon aircraft was born out of the cold war requirement for an information gathering aircraft which could operate over potentially unfriendly skies without getting shot down. The Blackbird effectively replaced the covert U-2.
              What about it is inaccurate in the game? And no, they don't get weapons right.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                Its a GAME. lol

What about it is inaccurate in the game? And no, they don't get weapons right.
                The fact that the game uses it as a a unmanned aircraft.They never was nor will there ever be, a SR-71 UAV.
                Thats whats inaccurate.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The fact that the game uses it as a a unmanned aircraft.They never was nor will there ever be, a SR-71 UAV.
                  Thats whats inaccurate.
                  I don't think its actually called a UAV in the game. I think DoomTrooper is just so used to calling the RECON in COD games UAV.

Just checked, and no, its not called a UAV. It's called a recon aircraft.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Thats whats inaccurate.
                    LMAO!!!

This is priceless.

Dude, it's clear you have no idea what we're talking about, so you should just cut your losses...

Play the game before attempting to criticize it.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      I don't think its actually called a UAV in the game. I think DoomTrooper is just so used to calling the RECON in COD games UAV.

Just checked, and no, its not called a UAV. It's called a recon aircraft.
                      Point taken

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                      LMAO!!!

This is priceless.

Dude, it's clear you have no idea what we're talking about, so you should just cut your losses...

Play the game before attempting to criticize it.
                      Yeah I should waste $60 bucks for a game not only that I don't want, but don't care for or like.
                      Also, "I think DoomTrooper is just so used to calling the RECON in COD games UAV." You yourself don't even know about a game your playing. What did you think the B2-Spirit in MW2 was a UAV as well.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                        Point taken

Yeah I should waste $60 bucks for a game not only that I don't want, but don't care for or like.
                        Also, "I think DoomTrooper is just so used to calling the RECON in COD games UAV." You yourself don't even know about a game your playing. What did you think the B2-Spirit in MW2 was a UAV as well.
                        Dude, I am a veteran of the United States Air Force. You'd better believe I know what a B2 is, what an SR-71 is, and what a U-2 is.

This thread is about a damned video game, the third in a series that employ "modern warfare." In the previous video games, called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 there were multiplayer bonuses called "killstreaks" that a player could earn, and they would call in different things, such as a bomber, attack helicopter or a UAV.

If you would have actually read my post, I said the SR-71 FUNCTIONS as a UAV in the video game.

Yes, I know the actual SR-71 is a Recon bird, but for the purposes of fellow players of the VIDEO GAME, it functions like the UAVs of the previous VIDEO GAMES in the series.

This thread is meant for the players who have played the previous video games and are thinking of playing this current edition to the series of video games.

Yes, even people that know the difference between fantasy and reality like to play video games that aren't factually sound, just for the fun of it! Imagine that!

Get over yourself.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I am not really interested in this one.

Sure, it takes place in a time period I am somewhat fond of. I just don't really like the politics of the game that much (I read the plot summary). Not a big fan of it.
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• What I want to know about Treyarch games is:

Why do the guns sound muffled or tinny? Is it supposed to be assumed that the player is wearing ear plugs?
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              What I want to know about Treyarch games is:

Why do the guns sound muffled or tinny? Is it supposed to be assumed that the player is wearing ear plugs?
                              Haha yeah, it definitely seems that way.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                                Dude, I am a veteran of the United States Air Force. You'd better believe I know what a B2 is, what an SR-71 is, and what a U-2 is.

This thread is about a damned video game, the third in a series that employ "modern warfare." In the previous video games, called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 there were multiplayer bonuses called "killstreaks" that a player could earn, and they would call in different things, such as a bomber, attack helicopter or a UAV.

If you would have actually read my post, I said the SR-71 FUNCTIONS as a UAV in the video game.

Yes, I know the actual SR-71 is a Recon bird, but for the purposes of fellow players of the VIDEO GAME, it functions like the UAVs of the previous VIDEO GAMES in the series.

This thread is meant for the players who have played the previous video games and are thinking of playing this current edition to the series of video games.

Yes, even people that know the difference between fantasy and reality like to play video games that aren't factually sound, just for the fun of it! Imagine that!

Get over yourself.
                                well i must point out that this isnt in the line of MW 1 or 2 as it is cold war time period and made by a different developer

personally im waiting for MW3 or w/e infinity ward puts out, im a much bigger fan of them than treyarch

i really dont like the multiplayer setup, its fun and all, i kinda like having to work towards getting better attachments instead of buying the only ones i use so therefor ill prob never buy the ones that i dont, kinda limits possibilities IMO
                                sigpic
                                -------

Comment

Working...
                                X