Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    well i must point out that this isnt in the line of MW 1 or 2 as it is cold war time period and made by a different developer

    personally im waiting for MW3 or w/e infinity ward puts out, im a much bigger fan of them than treyarch

    i really dont like the multiplayer setup, its fun and all, i kinda like having to work towards getting better attachments instead of buying the only ones i use so therefor ill prob never buy the ones that i dont, kinda limits possibilities IMO
    I agree, I'm more on the ward side, in fact I stated in a another post that I would wait till next year for MW3. This Black Ops game is just not that special, in it's not like it's a new type of war game, because there has been spec ops games and codl war era games. (Bad Company & Black) Both are good games.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
      Dude, I am a veteran of the United States Air Force. You'd better believe I know what a B2 is, what an SR-71 is, and what a U-2 is.

      This thread is about a damned video game, the third in a series that employ "modern warfare." In the previous video games, called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 there were multiplayer bonuses called "killstreaks" that a player could earn, and they would call in different things, such as a bomber, attack helicopter or a UAV.

      If you would have actually read my post, I said the SR-71 FUNCTIONS as a UAV in the video game.

      Yes, I know the actual SR-71 is a Recon bird, but for the purposes of fellow players of the VIDEO GAME, it functions like the UAVs of the previous VIDEO GAMES in the series.

      This thread is meant for the players who have played the previous video games and are thinking of playing this current edition to the series of video games.

      Yes, even people that know the difference between fantasy and reality like to play video games that aren't factually sound, just for the fun of it! Imagine that!

      Get over yourself.
      Dude what are you ranting about, I've played both MW games, I know what a killstreak is and bonuses, also I never brought up the U-2, and I know it's just a game. By the looks of your post, you need to get over yourself.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

      Comment


      • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        I agree, I'm more on the ward side, in fact I stated in a another post that I would wait till next year for MW3. This Black Ops game is just not that special, in it's not like it's a new type of war game, because there has been spec ops games and codl war era games. (Bad Company & Black) Both are good games.
        Bad Company and BC 2 are set in the near future, not the cold-war. Black is set in "present day".
        sigpic

        Hooray, beer!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          Bad Company and BC 2 are set in the near future, not the cold-war. Black is set in "present day".
          I used black as a spec ops game not cold war, and BC 2 is a cold war era game.
          BC 2 is a Vietnam centered game, which was a cold war era war.
          In Vietnam is not where near the future.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

          Comment


          • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
            I used black as a spec ops game not cold war, and BC 2 is a cold war era game.
            BC 2 is a Vietnam centered game, which was a cold war era war.
            In Vietnam is not where near the future.
            I don't think you've ever played Bad Company or Bad Company 2.

            They are set in present day.

            There is a Vietnam expansion, maybe that's what you are talking about. But BC and BC2 are set in present day, in a fight with the Russians over oil.

            I HIGHLY doubt they had the weapons you use in BC and BC2 30 years ago.

            http://badcompany.ea.com/about/
            Set in the near future, the Battlefield: Bad Company single-player campaign drops gamers behind enemy lines as part of a squad of four soldiers - risking it all to go AWOL on a personal quest. Featuring a dramatic storyline flavoured with attitude, Battlefield: Bad Company leads gamers far from the traditional frontlines on a wild ride with a group of renegade soldiers who decide that sometimes the gratitude of a nation just isn’t enough.
            The storyline of Battlefield: Bad Company revolves around a four-man squad of military misfits during a fictional war in the near-future that pits the Russian Federation against the United States. The squad is part of the "B" Company of the 222nd Army battalion, more commonly known as "Bad Company". The company is composed of the insubordinate troublemakers whose use in the battlefield is limited to the role of cannon fodder. "Bad Company" is often sent before Special Forces because they are deemed "expendable".
            In the present day, Privates Preston Marlowe, Terrence Sweetwater, George Haggard, and Sergeant Samuel Redford fight behind enemy lines in Russia in an attempt to secure a scalar weapon device. Despite evading Russian soldiers and completing mission successfully, the device is discovered to be a fake. Impressed with their previous activities, Army General Braidwood assigns them to the special operation of contacting Agent Aguire, much to the disappointment of Redford who had hoped to retire after the last mission.
            Last edited by CoryWinget81; 11-10-2010, 03:06 PM.
            sigpic

            Hooray, beer!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              I don't think you've ever played Bad Company or Bad Company 2.

              They are set in present day.

              There is a Vietnam expansion, maybe that's what you are talking about. But BC and BC2 are set in present day, in a fight with the Russians over oil.

              I HIGHLY doubt they had the weapons you use in BC and BC2 30 years ago.
              Well actually I played and owned BC 2, not the first BC. My memory on BC 2(since i've not played it in a while) Got it confused.
              I do remember it, now that I think back. I think what I got confused with was the fact that you start off in WWII, in theres is a Vietnam expansion. So yes I've played BC 2, I just forgot a few details. So I'm sorry about getting the time wrong.

              I would also like to state this.
              The top online gaming company, that all hardcore gamers look too, rates Black Ops 8.5, now there was someone who said BC 2 sucked. Well I went back on IGN to see what they gave BC 2, in it was rated .4 points higher than Black Ops. 8.9.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

              Comment


              • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                Dude what are you ranting about, I've played both MW games, I know what a killstreak is and bonuses, also I never brought up the U-2, and I know it's just a game. By the looks of your post, you need to get over yourself.
                Wow, dude. Way to sally out and dodge owning up to your dumb assumptions like the ignorant troll you are.

                You fail.
                Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                  Wow, dude. Way to sally out and dodge owning up to your dumb assumptions like the ignorant troll you are.

                  You fail.
                  Not really, i'm not trolling nor am I being ignorant.
                  I don't see how having a debate over a video game makes one ignorant.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    Not really, i'm not trolling nor am I being ignorant.
                    I don't see how having a debate over a video game makes one ignorant.
                    You can be ignorant about anything under the sun.

                    You should probably look up what the word "ignorant" means.
                    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                      You can be ignorant about anything under the sun.

                      You should probably look up what the word "ignorant" means.
                      I know what ignorant means, in i'm not being ignorant.
                      But IMO if someone debates with you, and share there opinion on a game, that you disagree with, you think that person is ignorant. (in by you, i mean Doom Trooper) But I don't care, because this has nothing to do with the game. It's just you thinking a person is ignorant, but that is your opinion.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

                      Comment


                      • I also want to add that comparing black ops and bc2 is like comparing FIFA and Madden.
                        sigpic

                        Hooray, beer!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                          I know what ignorant means, in i'm not being ignorant.
                          But IMO if someone debates with you, and share there opinion on a game, that you disagree with, you think that person is ignorant. (in by you, i mean Doom Trooper) But I don't care, because this has nothing to do with the game. It's just you thinking a person is ignorant, but that is your opinion.
                          OMG, it's like talking to a four year old!

                          You should try reading this thread in it's entirety, from start to finish, and try to find where you jumped on the fail-train.

                          I'm done with you.
                          Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            I also want to add that comparing black ops and bc2 is like comparing FIFA and Madden.
                            Well I would never compare Madden & Fifa.
                            Yeah I understand Cory.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                              OMG, it's like talking to a four year old!

                              You should try reading this thread in it's entirety, from start to finish, and try to find where you jumped on the fail-train.

                              I'm done with you.
                              I could really careless, in I have read each post, in by the looks of it, your the only person thats having a real hard time.
                              Cory and anyone who disagreed with or agreed with are having good debates. You are just ranting.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                                It's not worth 60 dollars? I guess that's why its expected to be the best selling game of all time or whatever it is.
                                Come on... they could release a CoD game today and it would sale well.. it's simply not worth it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X