Call of Duty: Black Ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    Come on... they could release a CoD game today and it would sale well.. it's simply not worth it.
    A commodity is worth whatever people are willing to pay. If people are willing to pay 60 dollars, which is a fact, since it will be a success in terms of copies sold, then the game is indeed worth 60 dollars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cahill View Post
      A commodity is worth whatever people are willing to pay. If people are willing to pay 60 dollars, which is a fact, since it will be a success in terms of copies sold, then the game is indeed worth 60 dollars.
      So do you think ET on the Atari 2600 was worth $40, when it's one of worst games of all time according to most gamers? It's not hard to see when a game is worth it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
        Come on... they could release a CoD game today and it would sale well.. it's simply not worth it.
        That is so true, and it also works for any game name.
        For example: Halo Wars, not even by Bungie, yet people bought it.
        Tom Clansey End War, people saw the name Tom Clansey, in was think Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow six,etc. in bought it. All it takes is a name.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• well my roommate bought it and i was just on it for about an hour and a half and its really nowhere near MW2 IMO. i do like somethings A LOT better though

i hope IW puts a barebones mode into MW3 that would be awesome. also once i get there i think the special weapon game mode would be fun (ballistic knife and crossbow)

the games graphics for MP are nowhere near MW2, BO is hazy looking and its hard to see people far away, even on the 47in tv damn near 5 ft in front of my face. guns are weak and weird, ive noticed that i can shoot people 3 times with my m16 and they wont die yet they hit me once in the kill cam and i die. i dont know why or how this works but its really stupid. also individuals can kill about 2-3 people easy somehow right next to eachother while getting shot at

i like being able to buy somethings but also dont feel the satisfaction of having to play well to EARN them (like camo for headshots)

maps are way too big and at times find myself running around not finding anyone.

def not an IW product im glad i didnt buy it and will be expecting BIG, HUGE, GINORMOUS, things from MW3
          sigpic
          -------

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
            Tom Clansey End War, people saw the name Tom Clansey, in was think Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow six,etc. in bought it. All it takes is a name.
            i have to ask why do you type in when you mean and. its makes it really weird to read your posts
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

• OK, so on my day off today, I've played the game off and on.

I haven't played multi-player yet. It's a PC copy of the game. ( )

The guns feel weird and under powered, like shooting BB guns. BUT, most enemies die with one shot.

The storyline is pretty neat, but the set pieces obviously lack anything that was done in MW2. I like the gore when you shoot people. If I hit someone in the shoulder, it shows the hit in their shoulder. That's pretty cool.

It seems like it's running at a lower frame rate than MW2. Again, I'll say that the sounds of the game bother me. The grenade sounds for example are pulled right from World at War, and for some reason, that bugs me.

There is little to no environmental damage.

Friendly AI is stupid, and enemies always aim for YOU. 500 yards away behind a group of your own soldiers, the enemies are plugging you with amazing accuracy. (might be because I'm playing on Veteran) Your teammates rarely help you out. They will let enemies run right past them to kill you, and just stand there and look at you.

So...that's all I have for now. Not a bad game by any means, but not any better than MW2.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                well my roommate bought it and i was just on it for about an hour and a half and its really nowhere near MW2 IMO. i do like somethings A LOT better though

i hope IW puts a barebones mode into MW3 that would be awesome. also once i get there i think the special weapon game mode would be fun (ballistic knife and crossbow)

the games graphics for MP are nowhere near MW2, BO is hazy looking and its hard to see people far away, even on the 47in tv damn near 5 ft in front of my face. guns are weak and weird, ive noticed that i can shoot people 3 times with my m16 and they wont die yet they hit me once in the kill cam and i die. i dont know why or how this works but its really stupid. also individuals can kill about 2-3 people easy somehow right next to eachother while getting shot at

i like being able to buy somethings but also dont feel the satisfaction of having to play well to EARN them (like camo for headshots)

maps are way too big and at times find myself running around not finding anyone.

def not an IW product im glad i didnt buy it and will be expecting BIG, HUGE, GINORMOUS, things from MW3
                Ok I'm hearing a lot of opinions on Black Ops, my friend says it's a amazing game and he gives it a 4,000 out 10. Then there are people like you, whom don't think much of it.
                I would like to earn stuff like perks,guns, and camo, not buy.

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                i have to ask why do you type in when you mean and. its makes it really weird to read your posts
                In my post when I used "in" thats what I meant, not "and".
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Ok I'm hearing a lot of opinions on Black Ops, my friend says it's a amazing game and he gives it a 4,000 out 10. Then there are people like you, whom don't think much of it.
                  I would like to earn stuff like perks,guns, and camo, not buy.

In my post when I used "in" thats what I meant, not "and".
                  i personally think your friend is just buying into COD hype its def not that great by any means

and when you use in in this post it makes no sense . . . no offense it just makes it really hard to read. i think you just use the wrong word

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  Tom Clansey End War, people saw the name Tom Clansey, in AND was think Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow six,etc. in AND bought it. All it takes is a name.
                  and makes much more sense in here, ive also noticed it in many of your other posts, again just curious as it makes it weird when reading
                  sigpic
                  -------

Comment

• Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                    i personally think your friend is just buying into COD hype its def not that great by any means

and when you use in in this post it makes no sense . . . no offense it just makes it really hard to read. i think you just use the wrong word

and makes much more sense in here, ive also noticed it in many of your other posts, again just curious as it makes it weird when reading

Yeah I understand the and/in thing.
                    Back to the game.
                    I agree, and it's not just my friends. A lot of people are buying the cod hype, just like with any other title.
                    For example: In Gears 1, it had a great story with a really fun multi-player.
                    Gears 2 story was good but not like 1, and it's multi-player was a little boring.
                    But people bought it, said it was the best game they ever played. Which last until the next video game.
                    Cod fans will call Black Ops the best game ever, then Modern Warfare 3 comes out, now thats the best game every.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Yeah I understand the and/in thing.
                      Back to the game.
                      I agree, and it's not just my friends. A lot of people are buying the cod hype, just like with any other title.
                      For example: In Gears 1, it had a great story with a really fun multi-player.
                      Gears 2 story was good but not like 1, and it's multi-player was a little boring.
                      But people bought it, said it was the best game they ever played. Which last until the next video game.
                      Cod fans will call Black Ops the best game ever, then Modern Warfare 3 comes out, now thats the best game every.
                      you wont find many COD fans bigger than me that are normal people haha. i put somewhere around 20 days on MW2

there also is no real fun sniping map in BO i love sniping every once in a while

this game i will get nowhere near that play time. old school stuff just isnt my thing and that could be a huge reason i dont like it. but to me it doesnt look and play as crisp as MW2. sure MW2 had its problems, mostly things easily changed, noob tubes, some campers, and kill streaks but with new games comes better changes for the most part

so hopefuily barebones is a hit in BO and incorporated into MW3
                      sigpic
                      -------

Comment

• Black Ops>>>MW2
                        Oh by the way, I hope you guys know that infinity ward no longer exists.

The only thing I don't like about it is the currency system, it kind of makes ranking up pointless.
                        Last edited by VenomousDB; 11-10-2010, 11:49 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                          Black Ops>>>MW2

The only thing I don't like about it is the currency system, it kind of makes ranking up pointless.
                          Ranking up gives you money. Plus you need to rank up to buy guns and such.

Comment

• Just installed the game. Now Steam is taking ages to update it. Its been at 98% for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                              Black Ops>>>MW2

damn i didnt know, looks like i wont be buying any more COD games

what makes this so much better, cuz i cant disagree anymore. i do like game modes and maps but as far as game play MW2 owns BOps. ill hold final judgement until i unlock HC and see how it is then, but as ive said i like new weapons and attachments a lot better than this old crap
                              sigpic
                              -------

Comment

• This game rocks face still WOOT WOOT.
                                sigpic
                                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Working...
                                X