X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncos1997
    replied
    Originally posted by PhillyBronco24 View Post
    I thought you were so serious until I read you sig, thank god you were only playing about buying this game.
    no, i'm actually buying it haha. i dont spend my money on shooting games, which make up about 3/4ths of the gaming market (most overdone genre ever?) so i usually have plenty of spare slots to spend on other types of games.

Leave a comment:

• broncos1997
    replied
    madden has pretty much put out the same game with more and more icy every year, seemingly. its still a "quality" game because fundementally it was pretty good, but the fact that they keep updating things like the menu and texture packages yet ignore basic game play flaws really bugs me. with the ridiculously amounts of "cheesing" that the game allows, the lack of realistic inside running, the ridiculous tackle outcomes, etc are just below par with what the rest of sports video games are at.

Leave a comment:

• PhillyBronco24
    replied
    [QUOTE=Southstander;3276694]I can't wait for RDR!

~~~~~~~~~

Something I do not understand. Alot of people "bash" Madden for not changing more from year to year. What more can they do?[/QUOTE]

Are you serious the game lacks a lot. I mean I understand only so many changes can happened between year to year but the game has basically put out the same stuff for the last four years. I'm a fan of madden, but to say it cant be improved is preposterous.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    Kinda like that one that had Elway on the cover a few years ago.
    I still play 2k8 all the time... best football game since ESPN 2k5

Leave a comment:

• NASH79
    replied
    I have been planning ahead to Madden 11 although I got Madden 10 for the iPhone because of the depth of the recent draft and the talent of this year's rookie. I was looking forward to getting this game due to Tebow even if he didn't end up with the Broncos. There are quite a few players who I am interested in and due to the depth, there should be a load of players to choose from when you do Fantasy Drafts.

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    RDR is gonna be so sick!

I don't get the Madden bashing either, yeah they could make some improvements, but every year they produce a quality game. I've never regretted buying a Madden game.
    Me either! I've bought Madden early the last two years and played it until right before the next years college game came out... $50 just seems a lot to spend on a football game that requires me to wait for someone to make rosters before it's playable...

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    this game will basically be Blitz with better graphics...

however, i used to LOVE Blitz... so i will likely rent first to see..

and since i almost always create my own team anyway, the fake teams thing doesn't bother me as i will do that anyway whether i get this game, Madden or both...

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    I can't wait for RDR!

~~~~~~~~~

Something I do not understand. Alot of people "bash" Madden for not changing more from year to year. What more can they do?
    RDR is gonna be so sick!

I don't get the Madden bashing either, yeah they could make some improvements, but every year they produce a quality game. I've never regretted buying a Madden game.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    Me too. I can only play one year of franchise on Madden because I have OCD when it comes to having my roster as accurate as possible.

That being said, the game does look interesting. I definitely won't buy it (I'm about to drop $120 on Skate 3 and Red Dead Redemption in the next two weeks so I gotta save money), but it could be worth renting.
    I can't wait for RDR!

~~~~~~~~~

Something I do not understand. Alot of people "bash" Madden for not changing more from year to year. What more can they do?

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    I hate "fake" teams and players. I will save my money for Madden 11.
    Me too. I can only play one year of franchise on Madden because I have OCD when it comes to having my roster as accurate as possible.

That being said, the game does look interesting. I definitely won't buy it (I'm about to drop $120 on Skate 3 and Red Dead Redemption in the next two weeks so I gotta save money), but it could be worth renting.

Leave a comment:

• PhillyBronco24
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
    i'm probably going to be buying this game as soon as it comes out, but considering its a first of its kind upstart i think its reasonable to expect most people to not throw 50 dollars (thats how much its selling, btw not 60. which is pretty cool) at an unproven game. but, the good news is a demo is coming out, we're just not sure when. most likely it will be the tuesday before the game is released, so i think that you guys should at least take the time to download the demo. however the probability is one way or the other, a physics based football game like this at least has the POTENTIAL to revolutionize football gaming.
    I thought you were so serious until I read you sig, thank god you were only playing about buying this game.

Leave a comment:

• broncos1997
    replied
    i'm probably going to be buying this game as soon as it comes out, but considering its a first of its kind upstart i think its reasonable to expect most people to not throw 50 dollars (thats how much its selling, btw not 60. which is pretty cool) at an unproven game. but, the good news is a demo is coming out, we're just not sure when. most likely it will be the tuesday before the game is released, so i think that you guys should at least take the time to download the demo. however the probability is one way or the other, a physics based football game like this at least has the POTENTIAL to revolutionize football gaming.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    I'm betting in 1 year this game will be sold for 5 dollars used on Amazon.
    Kinda like that one that had Elway on the cover a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• broncos1997
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeBlueCrew View Post
    Madden has become fairly stagnant since they bought out NFL rights. I really used to love that game, and lately it's just not worth buying. The only thing that changes is players teams and numbers.
    yeah, thats pretty much the reason why i started paying attention to backbreaker. madden is still my most played game every year simply because it is a football game, but every year i play it less and less as the "new features" just start to become less and less significant and i realize i'm playing the same game. its pretty depressing.

btw, heres a link to the backbreaker forums if you want more info http://forum.backbreakergame.com/index.php. if not, i'm familiar enough with the game that i can answer most of your questions. plus, i'm sure there are SOME other people following backbreaker on here (horseman, i think?)

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    I'm betting in 1 year this game will be sold for 5 dollars used on Amazon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X