Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

june 1st countdown

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • june 1st countdown

    if you have no idea what happens on june 1st, then its the release date of backbreaker in the US. seriously, i don't know how the ONLY current alternative football game to madden as of now is not getting any popularity whatsoever.

    if you didn't know already, backbreaker uses a physics engine to generate tackles on the fly and, based on gameplay videos, appears to have way better blocking and of course, physical interactions. yes, that means no more adrian peterson breaking 6 man gang tackles, and no more running in place behind your offensive line.

    of course, seeing as its the first backbreaker game, you might think that its not as fully "polished" presentation wise as madden. there are some things that kind of bother me, but not anything major. presentation trumps madden imo. here's the denver stadium:



    link to more photos

    example of the menu



    link to more menu screenshots

    the gameplay isn't exactly barebones either. you quick game, "tackle alley" (essentially an arcade type kick off return where you can play alone or actually play with your friend and stiff arm him into defenders) franchise mode, and "road to backbreaker" which is their rendition of a more in depth franchise mode

    of course, the main thing we would worry about is the lack of real nfl teams. the good news is, the teams are fully customizable and you can save up to 32 custom teams on top of their 60 preset fake ones. there will almost definitely be people who will create and upload the entire nfl so that it would be possible to download it via usb.

    now, i don't want this to be any kind of "madden vs backbreaker thread". i just think that when madden has had a monopoly on the football gaming world for the past 5 years, then an underdog like backbreaker that can finally make football gaming "next gen" deserves some recognition. as of now, it is just kickstarting its advertising campaign so not many people have heard of it. so its always worth spreading the word.
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

  • #2
    Madden has become fairly stagnant since they bought out NFL rights. I really used to love that game, and lately it's just not worth buying. The only thing that changes is players teams and numbers.
    sigpic

    Champ Bailey in 2005
    30 times thrown at, 10 interceptions, 10 receptions, 10 incompletions

    Comment


    • #3
      I hate "fake" teams and players. I will save my money for Madden 11.
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

      Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm betting in 1 year this game will be sold for 5 dollars used on Amazon.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by OrangeBlueCrew View Post
          Madden has become fairly stagnant since they bought out NFL rights. I really used to love that game, and lately it's just not worth buying. The only thing that changes is players teams and numbers.
          yeah, thats pretty much the reason why i started paying attention to backbreaker. madden is still my most played game every year simply because it is a football game, but every year i play it less and less as the "new features" just start to become less and less significant and i realize i'm playing the same game. its pretty depressing.




          btw, heres a link to the backbreaker forums if you want more info http://forum.backbreakergame.com/index.php. if not, i'm familiar enough with the game that i can answer most of your questions. plus, i'm sure there are SOME other people following backbreaker on here (horseman, i think?)
          disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
            I'm betting in 1 year this game will be sold for 5 dollars used on Amazon.
            Kinda like that one that had Elway on the cover a few years ago.
            Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

            Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              i'm probably going to be buying this game as soon as it comes out, but considering its a first of its kind upstart i think its reasonable to expect most people to not throw 50 dollars (thats how much its selling, btw not 60. which is pretty cool) at an unproven game. but, the good news is a demo is coming out, we're just not sure when. most likely it will be the tuesday before the game is released, so i think that you guys should at least take the time to download the demo. however the probability is one way or the other, a physics based football game like this at least has the POTENTIAL to revolutionize football gaming.
              disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
                i'm probably going to be buying this game as soon as it comes out, but considering its a first of its kind upstart i think its reasonable to expect most people to not throw 50 dollars (thats how much its selling, btw not 60. which is pretty cool) at an unproven game. but, the good news is a demo is coming out, we're just not sure when. most likely it will be the tuesday before the game is released, so i think that you guys should at least take the time to download the demo. however the probability is one way or the other, a physics based football game like this at least has the POTENTIAL to revolutionize football gaming.
                I thought you were so serious until I read you sig, thank god you were only playing about buying this game.
                sigpic


                Team Tebow #267

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                  I hate "fake" teams and players. I will save my money for Madden 11.
                  Me too. I can only play one year of franchise on Madden because I have OCD when it comes to having my roster as accurate as possible.

                  That being said, the game does look interesting. I definitely won't buy it (I'm about to drop $120 on Skate 3 and Red Dead Redemption in the next two weeks so I gotta save money), but it could be worth renting.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                    Me too. I can only play one year of franchise on Madden because I have OCD when it comes to having my roster as accurate as possible.

                    That being said, the game does look interesting. I definitely won't buy it (I'm about to drop $120 on Skate 3 and Red Dead Redemption in the next two weeks so I gotta save money), but it could be worth renting.
                    I can't wait for RDR!


                    ~~~~~~~~~

                    Something I do not understand. Alot of people "bash" Madden for not changing more from year to year. What more can they do?
                    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                    Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                      I can't wait for RDR!


                      ~~~~~~~~~

                      Something I do not understand. Alot of people "bash" Madden for not changing more from year to year. What more can they do?
                      RDR is gonna be so sick!

                      I don't get the Madden bashing either, yeah they could make some improvements, but every year they produce a quality game. I've never regretted buying a Madden game.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        this game will basically be Blitz with better graphics...

                        however, i used to LOVE Blitz... so i will likely rent first to see..

                        and since i almost always create my own team anyway, the fake teams thing doesn't bother me as i will do that anyway whether i get this game, Madden or both...
                        sigpic

                        DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                          RDR is gonna be so sick!

                          I don't get the Madden bashing either, yeah they could make some improvements, but every year they produce a quality game. I've never regretted buying a Madden game.
                          Me either! I've bought Madden early the last two years and played it until right before the next years college game came out... $50 just seems a lot to spend on a football game that requires me to wait for someone to make rosters before it's playable...
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                          sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have been planning ahead to Madden 11 although I got Madden 10 for the iPhone because of the depth of the recent draft and the talent of this year's rookie. I was looking forward to getting this game due to Tebow even if he didn't end up with the Broncos. There are quite a few players who I am interested in and due to the depth, there should be a load of players to choose from when you do Fantasy Drafts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                              Kinda like that one that had Elway on the cover a few years ago.
                              I still play 2k8 all the time... best football game since ESPN 2k5

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X