No announcement yet.

Backbreaker Demo is on XBL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rented it...glad I didnt buy it. So many glitches which is disappointing considering how many times the release was delayed. It's an interesting first attempt, but once again I will be sticking with Madden this year.

I hope it makes enough profit so they can continue the game, it could be a great game with some serious polishing.

It has gotten very poor reviews, I feel this might be a one and done franchise.

Comment

I loved the tackle alley thing, it is awesome.

This game feels much better than madden....

If only it had nfl players.... and teams....

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
        Rented it...glad I didnt buy it. So many glitches which is disappointing considering how many times the release was delayed. It's an interesting first attempt, but once again I will be sticking with Madden this year.

I hope it makes enough profit so they can continue the game, it could be a great game with some serious polishing.

It has gotten very poor reviews, I feel this might be a one and done franchise.
        A valiant effort... and fun for a little while... but there's constantly more and more advanced physics engines coming out that its only a matter of time before EA decides to finally adapt one similar to what they used for backbreaker, and drop their animations.

Then, if backbreaker or something similar hasn't already caught up in the other aspects... then they will never catch up.

Comment

What i love about backbreaker most is that it will influence madden to evolve, instead of just saying "bahhh its fine we'll upgrade next time" they now have to upgrade asap.

competition rocks...

(insert fancy shmancy competition quote here)

edit... ok fine:

“A competitive world offers two possibilities. You can lose. Or, if you want to win, you can change.”
          idk, my bff jill?

“Competition is not only the basis of protection to the consumer, but is the incentive to progress.”
          Herbert Hoover
          Last edited by 12and4; 06-18-2010, 07:59 PM.

Comment

I dled and played this the other day, and it's ok I guess. The way the camera rocks n' rolls makes it feel like you're playing during an earthquake or something. Also, controlling the runner feels a lot like driving the warthog in halo to me. I won't totally bash the game because I'm all for any football game that doesn't have EA's name on it. Nice animations, intriguing game over all, but I wouldn't buy it. Also sort of reminds me of a new Tecmo Bowl with the way you pick plays.

Xbox > PS3. Console power and blu-ray aside, Xbox has the best exclusives every year with the Halo series, Gears of War series (3 is going to blow peoples pants off), Crackdown 2 is gonna rock, Fable 3 is gonna rock... PS3 has... ummm.... Infamous 2 in 2011? 1 blockbuster game does not a console make. Also if you actually have a job you don't even notice 50 bucks a year.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
              I dled and played this the other day, and it's ok I guess. The way the camera rocks n' rolls makes it feel like you're playing during an earthquake or something. Also, controlling the runner feels a lot like driving the warthog in halo to me. I won't totally bash the game because I'm all for any football game that doesn't have EA's name on it. Nice animations, intriguing game over all, but I wouldn't buy it. Also sort of reminds me of a new Tecmo Bowl with the way you pick plays.

Xbox > PS3. Console power and blu-ray aside, Xbox has the best exclusives every year with the Halo series, Gears of War series (3 is going to blow peoples pants off), Crackdown 2 is gonna rock, Fable 3 is gonna rock... PS3 has... ummm.... Infamous 2 in 2011? 1 blockbuster game does not a console make. Also if you actually have a job you don't even notice 50 bucks a year.
              O ya little big planet 2 gran turismo 5 the new twisted metal killlzone 3 the next ico game The Las gardian arent blockbuster....and o ya god of war 3 uncharted 2 mgs4 > any xbox games
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jaycuthroat View Post
                O ya little big planet 2 gran turismo 5 the new twisted metal killlzone 3 the next ico game The Las gardian arent blockbuster....and o ya god of war 3 uncharted 2 mgs4 > any xbox games
                A kids game (LBP), a button masher (GoW), killzone 2 made my stomache sick trying to aim and my eyes hurt from how dang dark it was. The last guardian might be good, but all there is of it is a trailer. Forza 3 was better than Gran Turismo 4, But since you wanted to do this:

Add:

Alan Wake, Mass Effect series, Forza, and if you want to throw in games that might be great, check out the trailer for Codename: Kingdoms. Let's not forget arguably the most fun online games ever: the Left 4 Dead series.

Xbox has way more Game of the Year titles. I don't know what's left to argue.

@OP sorry for jacking your thread about Backbreaker. I'm done now.

Comment

A kids game (LBP), a button masher (GoW), killzone 2 made my stomache sick trying to aim and my eyes hurt from how dang dark it was. The last guardian might be good, but all there is of it is a trailer. Forza 3 was better than Gran Turismo 4, But since you wanted to do this:

Add:

Alan Wake, Mass Effect series, Forza, and if you want to throw in games that might be great, check out the trailer for Codename: Kingdoms. Let's not forget arguably the most fun online games ever: the Left 4 Dead series.

Xbox has way more Game of the Year titles. I don't know what's left to argue.

@OP sorry for jacking your thread about Backbreaker. I'm done now.
                  yea but ps3 has the game of the year title of last year...and your comparing Forza 3 to gt4 gran turismo 5 is going to be so much better then any racing game ever. ps3 obviously is the better system and has better games
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
                    I was quite frustrated with it to be honest. I did the training camp and I had trouble with lobbing a pass over where it showed move the right stick down and around, and I tried it numerous times. Nothing happened except me getting sacked. :angry: I don't think I am going to get this game also I have already pre-ordered Madden 11 and the strategy guide so I'm set for football for a lifetime.
                    why....on earth do you need a strategy guide for a sports game?

Originally posted by ozzies94ta View Post
                    played almost 30 seconds of the demo...

the camera angle I can deal with, it's the controls I can't.

I tried running "forward" and wound up running a U and running the other way, but almost in a circle if that makes sense...

tried to do a run-play, I wanted to run straight-slight-left, that's the way I pushed on the joystick, he runs straight left and gets tackled.

tried a pass play... didnt see any "receiver icons" so I literally pressed every button and the ball was thrown (tho dont know what button I pressed to make him throw it... and I should add there was no controller layout... ANYWHERE...) and my guy jumped for it, but the 3 guys around him intercepted it...

then I turned it off.

I give it a "nice try" but need more user-friendly controls/camera angles.

.....still beats any Madden game from 94 up...
                    there is a controller layout. in the same section as every other game: Options.

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
                    in your uneducated opinion
                    i would say if he has had both consoles and played them both, he has a pretty solid case to make a pretty educated opinion on which one is better. your hate of foreign products is disgusting.

i think you'll notice that most users of both consoles take all the features into account... and those are only a "plus" if you are even into those games. Halo is completely overrated.

and we don't need "exclusive" games in order to be better. in fact i think that's what keeps Xbox even in the fight is releasing so many exclusives, otherwise everyone would just buy that game for their Playstation. My buddy had to buy an Xbox just so he could play Left For Dead... but i guarantee you he would have just bought it on PS3 if it wasn't exclusive.

also the game play and graphics are so much more sharp, clear and just overall more awesome for Modern Warfare on PS3 than Xbox... i've seen it on both and Xbox looks terrible.

it's cool that they're finally coming around... my buddy was trying to tell me why the new Xbox was going to be awesome... built in WiFi (hello...PS3 again).. and some other crap that PS3 already has. the only difference is Kinect, which... that's neat if you like to move around and not have a controller in your hands.

not to mention it's still primitive and will probably suck on the first go around.

ANYWAY, back to Backbreaker. i'm confused. Sony says it releases on June 25th (unless i read that wrong) i go into Hastings today and they neither have it to rent nor buy... because i would really rather rent it first. and then i look on Sony again and it says the demo has been out since June 1rst which is a lie because i checked less than a week ago and it wasn't there, even did a search. so i dunno what's up. i finally found it.

also the Backbreaker website even says it's already available... so why couldn't i rent it? i'm confused. i really don't want to shell out $60 bucks and then be disappointed. and demos really don't reveal enough to give you a good enough idea of the actual game.

i guess i'll look around more.
                    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                    X