A giant steaming pile of new Mortal Kombat movie trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    What some people don't know is that this would be the 4th movie.
    There was a Mortal Kombat made in 1998 but it sucked so bad nobody cared for it.

Mortal Kombat Conquest.
    tv show, actually.

not sure why people keep thinking that was a movie on these boards.
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
      I'm intrigued. I don't see anything wrong with trying to make a more reality based version of the story to make a movie. I don't get people getting pissed about cannon when trying to change formats. This would be better than annihilation.
      it's already better than annihilation and it's only 7 minutes long lol.

but michael jai-white sucks.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
        it's already better than annihilation and it's only 7 minutes long lol.

but michael jai-white sucks.
        My bad about Conquest.

Your right about this 7 minute teaser being better than annihilation.
        I just hope Sub-Zero,Scorpion,and Reptile don't so easily and fast as they did in the 1st movie.

They needed a cheap ripped/buff black guy to play Jaxs. They can't afford Terry Crews,The Rock is a bad actor,so thats just leaves Michael Jai-White.

Also I think with this film they are trying to make it not sound stupid. Everybody's powers have a backed up reason,it's not like they just have powers.
        Reptile has a birth defect,Baracka is a nut case,the only thing is that they didn't give out is, any insight on how Sub-Zero gets his power.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

My bad about Conquest.

Your right about this 7 minute teaser being better than annihilation.
          I just hope Sub-Zero,Scorpion,and Reptile don't so easily and fast as they did in the 1st movie.

They needed a cheap ripped/buff black guy to play Jaxs. They can't afford Terry Crews,The Rock is a bad actor,so thats just leaves Michael Jai-White.

Also I think with this film they are trying to make it not sound stupid. Everybody's powers have a backed up reason,it's not like they just have powers.
          Reptile has a birth defect,Baracka is a nut case,the only thing is that they didn't give out is, any insight on how Sub-Zero gets his power.
          it's all good. just want people to know what's up. and i only know for certain because i used to watch the show on ScyFy lol.

i'm wondering why they feel the need to make it more "realistic" in the first place. it's based off of a video game lol. also if they're going to do that, i like my original idea in my thread of having WB try to get Nolan do direct. He'd do an amazing job.

but back to your post. dunno if i like how they did Baracka, but we'll see (obviously these aren't the final characters and once the film actually does hit production could be completely different). the Reptile spin is interesting, but doesn't explain why he's a cannabal lol.

White would be okay as Jax...but when WB gets the little annoying Threshold Entertainment off of its back, maybe they can get Michael Clark Duncan or Ving Rhames lol that'd be awesome. and they can act.

did you mean Scorpion or Sub-Zero? either way, it will be interesting to know if they have actual "powers" or some quirky thing like Reptile and Baracka. in the game even Cage, Blade and Jax had powers. everyone had powers.

they showed Scorpion's spear, so i wonder if they're just going to go with the whole Ninja Assassin, chain knife idea or what.

Shang Tsung (my favorite character) intrigues me the most. they mention him, but i wonder if he'll be a sorcerer and all that other awesomeness.

alright wait:

forget stuff i said about Jax and Nolan... here's an awesome interview with the director. guy really knows MK and is like us. he's an actual MK fan and not some director who got the gig. i think i'm really intrigued with where he will go if WB gives him the opportunity.

story
          sigpic

Comment

it's all good. just want people to know what's up. and i only know for certain because i used to watch the show on ScyFy lol.

i'm wondering why they feel the need to make it more "realistic" in the first place. it's based off of a video game lol. also if they're going to do that, i like my original idea in my thread of having WB try to get Nolan do direct. He'd do an amazing job.

but back to your post. dunno if i like how they did Baracka, but we'll see (obviously these aren't the final characters and once the film actually does hit production could be completely different). the Reptile spin is interesting, but doesn't explain why he's a cannabal lol.

White would be okay as Jax...but when WB gets the little annoying Threshold Entertainment off of its back, maybe they can get Michael Clark Duncan or Ving Rhames lol that'd be awesome. and they can act.

did you mean Scorpion or Sub-Zero? either way, it will be interesting to know if they have actual "powers" or some quirky thing like Reptile and Baracka. in the game even Cage, Blade and Jax had powers. everyone had powers.

they showed Scorpion's spear, so i wonder if they're just going to go with the whole Ninja Assassin, chain knife idea or what.

Shang Tsung (my favorite character) intrigues me the most. they mention him, but i wonder if he'll be a sorcerer and all that other awesomeness.

alright wait:

forget stuff i said about Jax and Nolan... here's an awesome interview with the director. guy really knows MK and is like us. he's an actual MK fan and not some director who got the gig. i think i'm really intrigued with where he will go if WB gives him the opportunity.

story
            My bad again. What I meant was I hope they don't die so quick and easy like in the first one.

Do you remember the fight scenes from the first movie where Lu beat Reptile and Sub Zero in like 1 minute. Then Johnny Cage beat Scorpion like scorpion was not scorpion but one of the weak rag head guys.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

My bad again. What I meant was I hope they don't die so quick and easy like in the first one.

Do you remember the fight scenes from the first movie where Lu beat Reptile and Sub Zero in like 1 minute. Then Johnny Cage beat Scorpion like scorpion was not scorpion but one of the weak rag head guys.
              yeah that pissed me off so much. Scorpion is my favorite original playable character. then he became second after Shang Tsung became playable.

i still love the first movie anyway, even if it was terrible and campy...but yeah the fact that Johnny Cage schooled Scorpion AND Goro...boo.

speaking of Goro.... this guy better find a way to include Goro... that would be awesome lol.

did you read the interview? i think i'm actually on board with this guy now.
              sigpic

Comment

yeah that pissed me off so much. Scorpion is my favorite original playable character. then he became second after Shang Tsung became playable.

i still love the first movie anyway, even if it was terrible and campy...but yeah the fact that Johnny Cage schooled Scorpion AND Goro...boo.

speaking of Goro.... this guy better find a way to include Goro... that would be awesome lol.

did you read the interview? i think i'm actually on board with this guy now.
                Scorpion is my all time favorite.

I do hope Goro is in the movie and I hope he looks better,because as I do love movie 1 Goro looked liked crap.

I did read it. I like this guy finally there's a person who is a fan of the movie he is making.
                That adds to the movie because he knows what he wants in the movie as a fan.
                Say there was a Broncos movie,would it be good if some one who is not a fan made it.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Scorpion is my all time favorite.

I do hope Goro is in the movie and I hope he looks better,because as I do love movie 1 Goro looked liked crap.

I did read it. I like this guy finally there's a person who is a fan of the movie he is making.
                  That adds to the movie because he knows what he wants in the movie as a fan.
                  Say there was a Broncos movie,would it be good if some one who is not a fan made it.
                  yeah Goro was terrible looking in the first one lol. but Motaro was worse. actually lets not even give Annihilation credit and not talk about it at all.

yeah we wouldn't want like... a Texans fan making a movie about the Broncos. ick. what do they know?

also that's why i liked Jackson's King Kong. people hated it, but i don't get why. that's the one movie he's always wanted to make as a labor of love. it was his favorite movie as a kid and he did a fantastic job remaking it, i think.

i hope this Fame guy can pull some strings and get this thing made. maybe change a few things up from the short etc. but other than that i like where he said he was going with it in the interview. he wants the blood and gore and the fatalities and the special moves and all that awesome stuff, but wants to ground it to something real. here's hoping!
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah Goro was terrible looking in the first one lol. but Motaro was worse. actually lets not even give Annihilation credit and not talk about it at all.

yeah we wouldn't want like... a Texans fan making a movie about the Broncos. ick. what do they know?

also that's why i liked Jackson's King Kong. people hated it, but i don't get why. that's the one movie he's always wanted to make as a labor of love. it was his favorite movie as a kid and he did a fantastic job remaking it, i think.

i hope this Fame guy can pull some strings and get this thing made. maybe change a few things up from the short etc. but other than that i like where he said he was going with it in the interview. he wants the blood and gore and the fatalities and the special moves and all that awesome stuff, but wants to ground it to something real. here's hoping!
                    If that lawsuit ends with WB winning then we get the movie.

That means the movie will be rated double R,sorry kids no Mortal Kombat.lol

Actually I don't think anybody younger than 16 knows what Mortal Kombat is.

I'm adding this to my movies i wanna see that has a few problems in the way.
                    that list includes
                    Halo
                    Gears of War
                    This Mortal Kombat
                    Mass Effect
                    In believe it or not a want a Blade reboot
                    Also Spidermans reboot
                    Note the top 3 movies will be the most goriest movie thats not a horror on earth.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

yeah i would really hope WB lets him do an Rated-R version, otherwise it's gonna be "eh". well maybe. he'd have to tone it down a lot.

i don't think Threshold is powerful enough to win any sort of lawsuit with WB. it may end up like The Watchmen did. Fox bought the writes back in the 80s i think, and then got all butthurt when WB wanted to do it...but WB did it anyway after all was said and done.

Threshold only has the MK stuff to its name really and frankly, the deserve to lose the rights. they suck.
                      Last edited by RealBronco; 06-10-2010, 02:53 AM. Reason: it's "an R-Rated" not a R-rated" :brick:
                      sigpic

Comment

Haven't met many other people that actually saw conquest.
                        Thanks, Reid!
                        sigpic
                        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

New news on this whole thing. looks like they're going to do a SERIES of short films with the director of this original clip.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6286845.html

the second article is better: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...=SNS.analytics

looks like WB STILL plans on making a full length feature after these shorts and the Fame director is still interested in that as well.

so the good news is: there is news about this. and it seems like WB hasn't given up on a full length feature AND we'll get extra shorts that dive deeper into the character stories.

i like that the second article states they still plan on making the feature a more mature look at the content much like the games are themselves.

and the fact that Ed Boon is cautious of a reboot is good. i'm glad he didn't care for Annihilation because it was atrocious.

not sure how i feel about 3D though. i think that could ruin it.
                          sigpic

Comment

New news on this whole thing. looks like they're going to do a SERIES of short films with the director of this original clip.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6286845.html

the second article is better: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...=SNS.analytics

looks like WB STILL plans on making a full length feature after these shorts and the Fame director is still interested in that as well.

so the good news is: there is news about this. and it seems like WB hasn't given up on a full length feature AND we'll get extra shorts that dive deeper into the character stories.

i like that the second article states they still plan on making the feature a more mature look at the content much like the games are themselves.

and the fact that Ed Boon is cautious of a reboot is good. i'm glad he didn't care for Annihilation because it was atrocious.

not sure how i feel about 3D though. i think that could ruin it.
                            That's fine. To be quite honest, I still watch Annhiliation for lulz... The first MK movie is classic though. Sub Zero is the best tho!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                              That's fine. To be quite honest, I still watch Annhiliation for lulz... The first MK movie is classic though. Sub Zero is the best tho!!
                              I may not favor the new games, but I'm still into MK, and Scorpion is the best.:dance:
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X