Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising (Xbox 360, PC, and PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Gear Solid: Rising (Xbox 360, PC, and PS3)

An MGS game for the 360 this time? Sounds pretty sweet!

The screens pertain to Raiden it looks like, so perhaps he's the focus of the post-Snake plotline.

Here's a video of it on IGN:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1...ng_trl_e3.html

IGN page:
    http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/143/14354401.html

More links:
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1097013p1.html

Rated M: For sure
    Raiden drops down from the shadows and effortlessly slices his enemy in two, ripping a glowing energy line from the machine's innards. Turning to face the camera, Raiden holds the cord of energy in his hand and absorbs the eerie blue light calmly, which sounds like this is the "datsu" part of the gameplay.
    The second section of the demonstration featured real gameplay, where Raiden was moving through a sandy environment and tearing through a group of human soldiers. This looked like fairly standard hack-n-slash style gameplay, though at one point Raiden does cut through an entire van, which was cool. But it got even cooler when Raiden tossed a soldier into the air and aimed his slices with a glowing guide and cut the soldier to pieces in a flurry of bloody limbs. The demo ended with Raiden cutting a watermelon with almost comical precision.
    Last edited by Fargo; 06-14-2010, 03:47 PM.
    Brock you like a hurricane!
    sigpic
    Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Looks really good but I'm used to MGS being stealthy. It didn't look like much stealth was invovled in there, but if they're leaning towards something different then I won't mind it too much. The sword kills look very well done.

Comment

0l\ll_'/ l_4l\/l3125 l*l_4'/ \/1l>30 64l\/l35
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
        0l\ll_'/ l_4l\/l3125 l*l_4'/ \/1l>30 64l\/l35
        loser......

mgs rocks.... first one i played was sons of liberty and it was awesome... its in my top 5 for sure.

Comment

awesome finally some news about this game

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
            loser......

mgs rocks.... first one i played was sons of liberty and it was awesome... its in my top 5 for sure.
            MGS2 was my first one I played as well, and its my favorite one. Unfortuntely most people consider it the worst MGS game ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
              MGS2 was my first one I played as well, and its my favorite one. Unfortuntely most people consider it the worst MGS game ever.
              All I can say is:

Pranking B1 and B2 Shell 1 Core.... Never got old.
              Brock you like a hurricane!
              sigpic
              Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

I remember playing this game when it was on Playstation2 years ago.
                sigpic

Comment

I've never been able to get into MGS games. I guess I can give this one a try though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                    I've never been able to get into MGS games. I guess I can give this one a try though.
                    MGS games, have the best stories, aside from MGS2 which was nuts, the others are way on point. Everyone needs to play thru some version of a metal gear game, the end lol

Comment

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
                      MGS games, have the best stories, aside from MGS2 which was nuts, the others are way on point. Everyone needs to play thru some version of a metal gear game, the end lol
                      I appreciate good story, but I won't force my way through a game I find to be unenjoyable. That's what eventually happened to me with Dragon Age. That game just took too damn long to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        I appreciate good story, but I won't force my way through a game I find to be unenjoyable. That's what eventually happened to me with Dragon Age. That game just took too damn long to do anything.
                        MGS is a great game and i would also recommend it. Great stories, sneaky sneaky sneaky..... and the dude loves his cigs.

I remember in mgs 2 there were some creative ways to defeat the bosses towards the end. you killed some fat guy by planting a bomb under him i think... and then you killed the final boss (who had armor on) by shotgunning him into the choppers blades (bullets didn't harm him, but moved him...)

oh and i like to bold innuendo

Comment

I have played the MGS series since it was on PS1 and the story from that points is vivid and fluid throughout all the games of the series and that is really only half the story;

All of the Nintendo games tell the back story of Big Boss vs young snake.

But u still learn this all through the PS versions and it is very well integrated.

This new MGS game does take Raiden as the main character and mainy hardcore fans of the series didnt like that, But he wasnt a bad azz cyborg ninja then!!!

I will play this game and play it as a ninja not a robot slashing machine and from what i read u have the freedom to play either way just like in MGS4 (the best game so far)

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                            MGS is a great game and i would also recommend it. Great stories, sneaky sneaky sneaky..... and the dude loves his cigs.

I remember in mgs 2 there were some creative ways to defeat the bosses towards the end. you killed some fat guy by planting a bomb under him i think... and then you killed the final boss (who had armor on) by shotgunning him into the choppers blades (bullets didn't harm him, but moved him...)

oh and i like to bold innuendo
                            (slight spoiler for mgs2 I guess!)
                            Fatman hid bombs all around and your job was to find them. The final bomb which you were supposed to find after you defeat him was hidden under him, you never blow up fatman, your goal was to just stop him from blowing up bombs.

The final boss was a sword fight with solidus snake, I dont recall a single part in any mgs where you shoot someone in chopper blades.

Sorry for my mgs nerdiness !

Comment

Working...
                            X