Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wipeout: DO NOT BUY

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wipeout: DO NOT BUY

    I love the TV show Wipeout. Cheap laughs at the expense of others. What could be better? A video game based on the TV show! That could be better!

    WRONG

    This is by far the worst game I've ever purchased. And I purchased Hard Hitter Tennis on the PS2.

    Game play is TERRIBLE. Graphics are TERRIBLE. There are so many inconsistencies in the timer. For example - if you fail an obstacle 3 times, you automatically get :45 added to your time. If a computer character (which gets one chance to complete an obstacle) fails, the time will vary. I've seen :09 added, I've seen :45 added, and all sorts in between.

    While playing, your character will at times wipe out for no apparent reason. I'll jump onto a platform, to just have the character crumble and fall off. Why? Why did they do that? Nothing hit them, they landed where they should!

    The commentators say the same thing OVER AND OVER.

    It's obvious that the game was quickly thrown together to capitalize on the show’s popularity. I can't believe any video game company would willingly put their name on this abomination.

    So, if you are considering buying this game, DONT!!!!

  • #2
    Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
    I love the TV show Wipeout. Cheap laughs at the expense of others. What could be better? A video game based on the TV show! That could be better!

    WRONG

    This is by far the worst game I've ever purchased. And I purchased Hard Hitter Tennis on the PS2.

    Game play is TERRIBLE. Graphics are TERRIBLE. There are so many inconsistencies in the timer. For example - if you fail an obstacle 3 times, you automatically get :45 added to your time. If a computer character (which gets one chance to complete an obstacle) fails, the time will vary. I've seen :09 added, I've seen :45 added, and all sorts in between.

    While playing, your character will at times wipe out for no apparent reason. I'll jump onto a platform, to just have the character crumble and fall off. Why? Why did they do that? Nothing hit them, they landed where they should!

    The commentators say the same thing OVER AND OVER.

    It's obvious that the game was quickly thrown together to capitalize on the show’s popularity. I can't believe any video game company would willingly put their name on this abomination.

    So, if you are considering buying this game, DONT!!!!


    Yeah i have a general policy of never buying video games that are based off of other things, or watching movies based off of other things...

    with some exceptions

    Comment


    • #3
      stop your belly-achin' and just pretend you're back in the 8th grade playing Mario on Nintendo.

      It'll be just like old times!
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
        This is by far the worst game I've ever purchased.
        sorry man but

        u actually got doped into buying that?

        i hope it was only like 5 bucks

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sparky The Sun Devil View Post
          sorry man but

          u actually got doped into buying that?

          i hope it was only like 5 bucks
          this was what i was thinking lol.

          Comment


          • #6
            wow who buys games based off of tv shows. you are 1 of the like 200 people that actually bought that game.

            you must be a noob gamer. maybe next time read some reviews before you buy a game.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
              Yeah i have a general policy of never buying video games that are based off of other things, or watching movies based off of other things...

              with some exceptions
              No kidding.

              I've seen some of my favorite game franchises ruined by getting turned into a movie, and not to mention a few of those games are getting turned into movies pretty soon actually.

              Now when a game is based off a movie....

              Pointless..

              Can you believe that there are only 3 movie based games that I actually like?

              Comment


              • #8
                3 movie based games?


                hmmm...


                Xmen was good...


                Spiderman was good...


                pokemon games were great.


                thassit

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                  3 movie based games?


                  hmmm...


                  Xmen was good...


                  Spiderman was good...


                  pokemon games were great.


                  thassit
                  Spiderman 2 game (1 and 3 sucked)

                  The Lord of the rings games on the PS2/Xbox

                  Transformers 2 (PS3 and 360)


                  Games that get turned into movies are always complete fails.

                  Mortal Kombat
                  Final Fantasy
                  Mario Bros
                  DOA
                  Resident Evil

                  Now they're making a Mass Effect movie

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                    stop your belly-achin' and just pretend you're back in the 8th grade playing Mario on Nintendo.

                    It'll be just like old times!
                    Lol I used to play that when I was 3. Man I remember loving the Mario franchise. Who didn't play the Mario or Sonic franchise as kids.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
                      Lol I used to play that when I was 3. Man I remember loving the Mario franchise. Who didn't play the Mario or Sonic franchise as kids.
                      I didn't play Mario that much because I didn't like Nintendo.

                      I was a Sega guy back in the day, but I did like playing Final Fight on the SNES.

                      Nintendo had some good games back then, but Sega had games like Road Rash and all that.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                        I didn't play Mario that much because I didn't like Nintendo.

                        I was a Sega guy back in the day, but I did like playing Final Fight on the SNES.

                        Nintendo had some good games back then, but Sega had games like Road Rash and all that.
                        N64 had road rash and man was that game crazy!


                        I loved it.


                        I was a nintendo guy turned sony guy

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                          I didn't play Mario that much because I didn't like Nintendo.

                          I was a Sega guy back in the day, but I did like playing Final Fight on the SNES.

                          Nintendo had some good games back then, but Sega had games like Road Rash and all that.
                          Sega had good graphics but they were kindna kill themselves by try to sell 16 bits and 32 bits version of their games. It was a very competitive between both Sega and Nintendo til the Sony came play station kill off Sega. I still found it funny that Microsoft join the frying pan a couple years after.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                            N64 had road rash and man was that game crazy!


                            I loved it.


                            I was a nintendo guy turned sony guy
                            I'm a every guy i have all three of the lasted gens since I found people who sold their consoles cheap (I bought my wii for 120 and my ps3 for 160). My Xbox360 is my main for now but Im buying the madden and ncaa for the ps3 this year.

                            The only thing I won't buy from is apple. I really don't like the mac much since I'm a gamer that loves freeware (I do like the Itunes though).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
                              Sega had good graphics but they were kindna kill themselves by try to sell 16 bits and 32 bits version of their games. It was a very competitive between both Sega and Nintendo til the Sony came play station kill off Sega. I still found it funny that Microsoft join the frying pan a couple years after.
                              Actually the SNES had better graphics than the Genesis, but the Sega Master System had better graphics than the NES.

                              And the 32X and Sega CD were laughing stocks and ruined Sega's reputation.

                              If Dreamcast used DVD it would of blew Sony out of the water but unfortuntely Sony took advantage of that one flaw, and destroyed Sega.

                              If the Saturn would've done good then they wouldn't have relased the Dreamcast that early, and it could've utilized DVD..

                              I hope they make a new console one day

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X