Wipeout: DO NOT BUY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
    I'm a every guy i have all three of the lasted gens since I found people who sold their consoles cheap (I bought my wii for 120 and my ps3 for 160). My Xbox360 is my main for now but Im buying the madden and ncaa for the ps3 this year.

The only thing I won't buy from is apple. I really don't like the mac much since I'm a gamer that loves freeware (I do like the Itunes though).
    I have all 3 as well, but I don't like the Wii and I only use it to play classic gems.

The real reason why I don't like the Wii is because I'm not entirely fond of that idea of motion controlls, which is why I'm not getting Kinetic for the 360 or Move for the PS3.

I play my 360 the most, but I love the PS3 as well.

And I absoloutely hate Apple...

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      Actually the SNES had better graphics than the Genesis, but the Sega Master System had better graphics than the NES.

And the 32X and Sega CD were laughing stocks and ruined Sega's reputation.

If Dreamcast used DVD it would of blew Sony out of the water but unfortuntely Sony took advantage of that one flaw, and destroyed Sega.

If the Saturn would've done good then they wouldn't have relased the Dreamcast that early, and it could've utilized DVD..

I hope they make a new console one day
      Dreamcast was awesome. First system to have a built in modem.

I remember when the nes came out, it really turned the gaming world upside down. It was so much better than anything before it, and the games were a giant leap forward. I did like the Sega master system too, but not as much.

Anyone else play Phantasy Star Online on the dreamcast? That game was a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
        N64 had road rash and man was that game crazy!

I loved it.

I was a nintendo guy turned sony guy
        I went from an Atari guy- Sega guy- Sony guy

Now I pretty much own all the current gen consoles.

I wish Sega and Atari would enter the console wars and give Sony and Microsoft a heart attack

But seriously, Sega and Atari was perfect.

Sony is always expensive, Nintendo is always too childish/casual, and Microsoft always has problems with their systems.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
          Dreamcast was awesome. First system to have a built in modem.

I remember when the nes came out, it really turned the gaming world upside down. It was so much better than anything before it, and the games were a giant leap forward. I did like the Sega master system too, but not as much.

Anyone else play Phantasy Star Online on the dreamcast? That game was a blast!
          Phantasy Star was amazing, and I'm surprised not to many companies make games like that for today's consoles. They usually only make them avaliable for PC.
          Last edited by Amari24; 07-13-2010, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Now when a game is based off a movie....

Pointless..
            The worst thing ever for video games is:

Games based off of movies that are based off of video games

Examples:

Street Fighter The Movie: The Game

etc...
            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I have all 3 as well, but I don't like the Wii and I only use it to play classic gems.

The real reason why I don't like the Wii is because I'm not entirely fond of that idea of motion controlls, which is why I'm not getting Kinetic for the 360 or Move for the PS3.

I play my 360 the most, but I love the PS3 as well.

And I absoloutely hate Apple...
              I have the Wii only for some of the rpgs I couldn't play on my ps3 or xbox360. Nintendo really isn't all about hardcore gamers their games are easy most of the time or even about storylines that attract the rpg gamers. But they are experts of art. Each time I play my only 2 wii games Muramasa and Zelda I love the way they use color in the games without making it look too ridiculous. The motion controllers are a bit of a turnoff but they are cool in a shooting game if i was interested in those kinds of games.

My xbox is a good old girl. Never once broken down on me which is surpising. I like the ps3 but they need more rpgs like they used to have a butt load in the ps2.

Comment

I have the Wii only for some of the rpgs I couldn't play on my ps3 or xbox360. Nintendo really isn't all about hardcore gamers their games are easy most of the time or even about storylines that attract the rpg gamers. But they are experts of art. Each time I play my only 2 wii games Muramasa and Zelda I love the way they use color in the games without making it look too ridiculous. The motion controllers are a bit of a turnoff but they are cool in a shooting game if i was interested in those kinds of games.

My xbox is a good old girl. Never once broken down on me which is surpising. I like the ps3 but they need more rpgs like they used to have a butt load in the ps2.
                I haven't had any problems with my 360 but I'm just going to trade it in for an Elite Jasper model while I still have the chance

But yeah Nintendo really is the king of RPGs but other than that, I never really liked Nintendo, and the Wii isn't an exception.

Comment

I haven't had any problems with my 360 but I'm just going to trade it in for an Elite Jasper model while I still have the chance

But yeah Nintendo really is the king of RPGs but other than that, I never really liked Nintendo, and the Wii isn't an exception.
                  Not really most of the good rpgs I found I have their older ps2 counterparts collecting dust crying out to me to give them a whirl on a ps3 that doesn't have their save file on them. I wonder if there a way to get my ps2 save data to my ps3 before I donate my ps2 to a kid in mexico.

Comment

Not really most of the good rpgs I found I have their older ps2 counterparts collecting dust crying out to me to give them a whirl on a ps3 that doesn't have their save file on them. I wonder if there a way to get my ps2 save data to my ps3 before I donate my ps2 to a kid in mexico.
                    Well what I mean is, Nintendo is really what started the Final Fantasy and Zelda series, so I say they are the kings of RPG games, but there are some great remakes for them today.

And I don't think you can transfer from PS2-PS3. And you problem will never be able seeing as PS3 doesn't support B/C which sucks because I have the Slim version and I can't play my PS2 games so I gave em all away.

Sony is no better than Microsoft in some ways...

Comment

Well what I mean is, Nintendo is really what started the Final Fantasy and Zelda series, so I say they are the kings of RPG games, but there are some great remakes for them today.

And I don't think you can transfer from PS2-PS3. And you problem will never be able seeing as PS3 doesn't support B/C which sucks because I have the Slim version and I can't play my PS2 games so I gave em all away.

Sony is no better than Microsoft in some ways...
                      Most of my games played well at least the ones I tried I should check which ones dont from the many I have. So far it plays the newer ones but i haven't check the old boys I have stored away. Since I doubt I can transfer my game data I should get started on my rpg games that I spend countless of hours building up. That should be fun.

Comment

I went from an Atari guy- Sega guy- Sony guy

Now I pretty much own all the current gen consoles.

I wish Sega and Atari would enter the console wars and give Sony and Microsoft a heart attack

But seriously, Sega and Atari was perfect.

Sony is always expensive, Nintendo is always too childish/casual, and Microsoft always has problems with their systems.

If you think sony is expensive now, you shoulda seen how much it was costing them to make when they were first released...

I think it was like $900 on launch day, cost. they were LOSING $400-500 each sale...

So yeah, i'd say its worth it.

Unless you'd want to buy a bluray drive and computer separate (even though they eliminated otherOS, which was THE dumbest thing i've seen sony do in the past 5 years).

I think they are still losing money on each system, what with the new price drop... Don't know how much though. Probably around $350 by now. They make all their money on the peripheral stuff and games. If you think about it, how much does it really cost them to produce a game disc? not very much... i'd say $1-$2 with the new bluray discs...

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                          If you think sony is expensive now, you shoulda seen how much it was costing them to make when they were first released...

I think it was like $900 on launch day, cost. they were LOSING $400-500 each sale...

So yeah, i'd say its worth it.

Unless you'd want to buy a bluray drive and computer separate (even though they eliminated otherOS, which was THE dumbest thing i've seen sony do in the past 5 years).

I think they are still losing money on each system, what with the new price drop... Don't know how much though. Probably around $350 by now. They make all their money on the peripheral stuff and games. If you think about it, how much does it really cost them to produce a game disc? not very much... i'd say $1-$2 with the new bluray discs...
                          I think the dumbest thing Sony has done was eliminate Backwards Compatibility. That also caused them to lose money. A lot of people wanted to get rid of their PS2s and get PS3s because they were able to play PS2 games, which would've gotten Sony more sells.

And taking Linux out of the PS3 didn't make hackers too happy

Comment

I think the dumbest thing Sony has done was eliminate Backwards Compatibility. That also caused them to lose money. A lot of people wanted to get rid of their PS2s and get PS3s because they were able to play PS2 games, which would've gotten Sony more sells.

And taking Linux out of the PS3 didn't make hackers too happy
                            lol... hackers....

they aren't considered hackers until they actually hack the damn thing... I still don't know what happened to geohotz or whatever his name was.... he just sorta stopped posting on his blog and disappeared.

whatever...

yeah eliminating b/c was pretty dumb, but if you think about it, they had a reason for it... eliminating otheros had no reason at all...

Comment

Working...
                            X