Fallout: New Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout: New Vegas

Fallout 3 was an amazing game I can't wait until New Vegas comes out...if any of you played 3 what do you want different in the next one?
    sigpic
    Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
    You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
    You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
    Have It All - Blu3
    Conceited - Blu3
    Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
    All On You - Blu3

More cities. Less pointless wasteland.

If you blow up Megaton for the rest of the game you're like...ok *** am I supposed to do now? There is literally 2 other cities, the Ghoul one and the one on the ship.

Also a wider variety of monsters. There weren't really all that many.

More missions too. Sometimes I would just wander around the wasteland looking for stuff to do. In games like Oblivion its hard not to find quests lol.

Comment

Haha yeah I remember doing a save game right before talking to the guy who blows up Megaton, just to see what it'd look like, then reloaded my save game after (since I knew how important it would be to have Megaton available to buy and sell stuff) and ended up wiping out everyone in the hotel building by helping the ghouls get inside. That was a pretty cool mission.
      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
        Haha yeah I remember doing a save game right before talking to the guy who blows up Megaton, just to see what it'd look like, then reloaded my save game after (since I knew how important it would be to have Megaton available to buy and sell stuff) and ended up wiping out everyone in the hotel building by helping the ghouls get inside. That was a pretty cool mission.
        I just killed all the ghouls and came back and killed everyone in Ten Penny Tower.

The loot was just to tempting not to kill them. Especially Tenpenny's Sniper Rifle.

Comment

I can't for the life of me figure out why people enjoyed Fallout 3 ... the game was horrible.

Just my personal opinion.

sorry to contribute to a thread with nothing positive to say ....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
            I can't for the life of me figure out why people enjoyed Fallout 3 ... the game was horrible.

That's weird 'cause it just went Platinum.

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
              I blew up Megaton once. Hated it, I too loved siding with the Ghouls and taking over Tenpenny Tower. I couldn't stand any of the people living inside that tower. I never even bothered to try and get a peaceful solution. Getting Tenpenny out of the way was oh so satisfying.

My only regret about New Vegas is that a different company is being outsourced by Bethesda to take over just that game. The game itself uses the Fallout 3 Engine with a few minor touchups like Hardcore Mode where ammo has weight and you have to have a steady supply of water.

I still pre-ordered the game and should get some money saved up once I start substituting for the local school district while I wait to sign up for my Master's Degree.
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                I just killed all the ghouls and came back and killed everyone in Ten Penny Tower.

The loot was just to tempting not to kill them. Especially Tenpenny's Sniper Rifle.
                That is what I did...got all the money from them then...well you know

My favorite mission was when you found your dad but was put into that electronic world the scientist made and had to go terrorize the people who lived in it as the Pint Sized Slasher that was fun
                sigpic
                Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
                You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                Have It All - Blu3
                Conceited - Blu3
                Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                All On You - Blu3

Comment

That's interesting, may I ask why you don't like it?
                  sigpic

Comment

I haven't even played Fallout 3 yet, and I'm one of those guys who just enjoys RPGs. I can get it for $10 at this point, but I'm going to wait and see if I have to play that to understand Vegas. Does anyone know what the storyline to Vegas is?

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                      I haven't even played Fallout 3 yet, and I'm one of those guys who just enjoys RPGs. I can get it for $10 at this point, but I'm going to wait and see if I have to play that to understand Vegas. Does anyone know what the storyline to Vegas is?
                      It is unrelated to Fallout 3. If you are interested in the story of the games and are curious be sure to check out their wiki page!

Fallout Wiki

From the above site on the "About Fallout: New Vegas game"

"The game is set in a post-apocalyptic, retro-futuristic Las Vegas following the Great War between the U.S., China and other countries, a conventional and nuclear war that occurred on October 23, 2077 and lasted less than two hours despite causing immense damage and destruction. Before the Great War were the Resource Wars, during which the United Nations disbanded, a plague rendered the United States paranoid, and Canada was annexed. The city of New Vegas itself, didn't get hit as much as other districts, and most buildings were left intact. The Hoover Dam supplies all the free electricity and water to those who control it.

Story
                      The story will continue some parts of the Fallout and Fallout 2 stories, but will not be related in any way to the one in Fallout 3.

Fallout: New Vegas takes place in 2280, three years after the events of Fallout 3 and thirty-nine years after Fallout 2, making this installment set furthest of the series. The New California Republic plays a major part in the story in a three way struggle between the Caesar's Legion slavers and the local New Vegas populace.

The Courier, the player character, is meant to deliver a package to Primm. However, the Courier ends up shot and buried in a shallow grave, only to be rescued by a Securitron named Victor and taken back to Goodsprings. The Courier is then treated by a man named Doctor Mitchell. Fallout: New Vegas will have a definitive ending, just like Fallout 3."

Comment

Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
                        That's interesting, may I ask why you don't like it?
                        well, in my opinion. (and this is coming from someone who absolutely hates FPS/RPG's, so take it for what it's worth)

Graphics were blah, gameplay was slow and the story line was almost too predictable.

I generally don't waste my time picking up FPS/RPG games like Fallout or Oblivion but I decided what the heck, I mean Post-Apocalyptic War games sound fun ... but I played for a few days and just was not impressed at all.

and yeah I understand the game went "platinum" but that award is very skewed, I mean again ... even I bought the game so I am counted towards that platinum sell.

but hey. too each their own really when it comes to games.
                        sigpic

Comment

well, in my opinion. (and this is coming from someone who absolutely hates FPS/RPG's, so take it for what it's worth)
                          Then why didn't you mention that from the beginning? That you hate Role Playing Games?

If you hate Role Playing Games so much, I highly recommend you check out Everquest (or Everquest II) which are MMORPG's (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)!!

By, the way I am being sarcastic. If you don't like Role Playing Games, why buy a role playing game? That is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

If I hated Cheese, I wouldn't buy a Grilled Cheese Sandwich hoping it didn't include ... Cheese?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                            Then why didn't you mention that from the beginning? That you hate Role Playing Games?

If you hate Role Playing Games so much, I highly recommend you check out Everquest (or Everquest II) which are MMORPG's (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)!!

By, the way I am being sarcastic. If you don't like Role Playing Games, why buy a role playing game? That is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

If I hated Cheese, I wouldn't buy a Grilled Cheese Sandwich hoping it didn't include ... Cheese?
                            Are you telling me you never had a cheese-less grilled cheese in college?
                            sigpic
                            Thanks Blondie79!
                            All aboard the TEBOW TRAIN... since 2006!
                            Team Tebow #15

Adopted NFL Player:
                            "Oh Mercy"PERCY HARVIN

Comment

horrible? compared to what? probably the best free roam game i have ever played.

Comment

Working...
                              X