Fallout: New Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
    well, in my opinion. (and this is coming from someone who absolutely hates FPS/RPG's, so take it for what it's worth)

Graphics were blah, gameplay was slow and the story line was almost too predictable.

I generally don't waste my time picking up FPS/RPG games like Fallout or Oblivion but I decided what the heck, I mean Post-Apocalyptic War games sound fun ... but I played for a few days and just was not impressed at all.

and yeah I understand the game went "platinum" but that award is very skewed, I mean again ... even I bought the game so I am counted towards that platinum sell.

but hey. too each their own really when it comes to games.
    LOL well that explains it.

saying a game is horrible because you don't like those type of games doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Comment

but yeah, i am really looking forward to the new fallout game. :thumb:

Comment

Just reserved it today when I picked up Madden '11.

I hope this one isn't as glitchy as Fallout 3. I'd go as far as saying it was one of the best games I've ever played but the unfortunate freezing and glitching problems happened way too often.

I'm really excited to play this though

Comment

Hey guys, I hate, absolutely HATE strategy games. Think I should give Civilization 5 a try when it comes out?
          Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
            Hey guys, I hate, absolutely HATE strategy games. Think I should give Civilization 5 a try when it comes out?
            Absolutely!!

Comment

Can't wait for this game. Platinumed Fallout 3 and got all the trophies in the expansion and put about 90 hours into the game. Starts a little slow but once you are sucked in, you can't get out till you finish, just so cool exploring a destroyed D.C. Hopefully Vegas is just as great.
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                LOL well that explains it.

saying a game is horrible because you don't like those type of games doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
                see ...

Now I never said the game was horrible because I HATE FPS/RPG games!

I said that the game was horrible because the Graphics were weak, the gameplay was slow and the story line was predicatable.

I love to play video games, I will pick up and give pretty much any video game a try .. yes I will even buy FPS/RPG games to give them a try! Ever heard the saying how can you say you don't like something if you don't try it? ... well that's the case here. Regardless of the fact that I don't like FPS/RPG games I will give them all a try and because I tried it I can then give my opinion.

IMO, Fallout 3 is a weak game for a next gen console, they could have done much better!

If you like ... well great, awesome for you! I was just giving my opinion here!
                sigpic

Comment

well, in my opinion. (and this is coming from someone who absolutely hates FPS/RPG's, so take it for what it's worth)

Graphics were blah, gameplay was slow and the story line was almost too predictable.

I generally don't waste my time picking up FPS/RPG games like Fallout or Oblivion but I decided what the heck, I mean Post-Apocalyptic War games sound fun ... but I played for a few days and just was not impressed at all.

and yeah I understand the game went "platinum" but that award is very skewed, I mean again ... even I bought the game so I am counted towards that platinum sell.

but hey. too each their own really when it comes to games.
                  Different strokes for different folks really. Although FPS? Like you don't like Halo or MW 2 or Battlefield BC 2?
                  That's cool though. Like you said we all have our preferences.
                  sigpic

Comment

see ...

Now I never said the game was horrible because I HATE FPS/RPG games!

I said that the game was horrible because the Graphics were weak, the gameplay was slow and the story line was predicatable.

I love to play video games, I will pick up and give pretty much any video game a try .. yes I will even buy FPS/RPG games to give them a try! Ever heard the saying how can you say you don't like something if you don't try it? ... well that's the case here. Regardless of the fact that I don't like FPS/RPG games I will give them all a try and because I tried it I can then give my opinion.

IMO, Fallout 3 is a weak game for a next gen console, they could have done much better!

If you like ... well great, awesome for you! I was just giving my opinion here!
                    You say the graphics are weak, but you apparently attempted it on a PS3 or XBox 360. It looks gorgeous on a well equipped computer, so I guess there's your problem right there.
                    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                      You say the graphics are weak, but you apparently attempted it on a PS3 or XBox 360. It looks gorgeous on a well equipped computer, so I guess there's your problem right there.
                      Looks great on my 360. General rule for 360 games: Install them to your hard-drive. Speeds up loading times and graphics, believe it or not, are more streamlined.
                      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
                      X