Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elway View Post
    and Rick is the Mack daddy.
    If I only knew ... all it takes is a Zombie Apocalypse and some breath mints!!

no but seriously, who saw that one coming!? I really didn't at all, especially after Michonne saw how Rick was with Jessie! Looking back at it now I guess there were small hints along the way but I just never imagined it.

on the other hand, Jesus .... I've never read any of the comics or anything but is he going to turn out to be a bad guy? I can't imagine so because at the end of the 'sode he was standing at the foot of Ricks bed so I assume if he was a bad guy, he wouldn't have awoken Rick so eloquently. What's up with the dude though? he's kind of a bad mamma jamma huh? he karate chopped rick like Chuck Norris, escaped the hog tie in time to be able to roof surf the white truck and then got knocked out by the truck as it plummeted to the bottom of Lake "Shoulda kept driving Rick"!

on another note ... I hope Carl doesn't turn into a little sissy now that he got his eye shot out. Seems like he was a little timid last night when he was prancing around the woods with what's her face.
    sigpic

Comment

A much scaled down episode , but finally Jesus was introduced.

Should be a few interesting episodes coming up....

and Rick is the Mack daddy.
      i am kinda curious what jesus story is in the comics

Comment

• Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post

no but seriously, who saw that one coming!? I really didn't at all, especially after Michonne saw how Rick was with Jessie! Looking back at it now I guess there were small hints along the way but I just never imagined it.

on the other hand, Jesus .... I've never read any of the comics or anything but is he going to turn out to be a bad guy? I can't imagine so because at the end of the 'sode he was standing at the foot of Ricks bed so I assume if he was a bad guy, he wouldn't have awoken Rick so eloquently. What's up with the dude though? he's kind of a bad mamma jamma huh? he karate chopped rick like Chuck Norris, escaped the hog tie in time to be able to roof surf the white truck and then got knocked out by the truck as it plummeted to the bottom of Lake "Shoulda kept driving Rick"!

on another note ... I hope Carl doesn't turn into a little sissy now that he got his eye shot out. Seems like he was a little timid last night when he was prancing around the woods with what's her face.
        i think in the comics he turns out the opposite way after getting his eye shot

Comment

I haven't read that far, but my understanding is that he's from another comunity (not neagan's group, not alexandria) I'm assuming he's a good guy, who knows.

As for Carl, my first thought was "great, the bullet turned him more emo"
          sigpic

Comment

SPOILERS****************************************** *******

in the comics Paul Monroe aka Jesus is a good guy. im sure he was feeling out rick and daryl to see if they were bad guys and faked his knock out to get into their community. In the comics hes a recruiter like aaron and he was looking for other communities to trade with hes also from a settlement called hilltop. Hes like an expert ninja escape artist and actually pretty badass in the comics

as for carl in the comics he becomes a bad ass border line psycho path its just the kid who plays carl is a bad actor

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              I haven't read that far, but my understanding is that he's from another comunity (not neagan's group, not alexandria) I'm assuming he's a good guy, who knows.

As for Carl, my first thought was "great, the bullet turned him more emo"
              Interesting, I thought he was just trying to help out Spencer. I'm pretty sure seeing him look through the woods and then seeing his zombie mother might have given him flashbacks to how he had to handle Lori.

So he leads her to Spencer so that he can have his closure and kill her himself. Then he slips away without trying to take any credit for what he did. I thought it was a very mature, noble move.

I'm pretty confident One-Eyed-Carl is going to be a pretty awesome character.

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                SPOILERS****************************************** *******

in the comics Paul Monroe aka Jesus is a good guy. im sure he was feeling out rick and daryl to see if they were bad guys and faked his knock out to get into their community. In the comics hes a recruiter like aaron and he was looking for other communities to trade with hes also from a settlement called hilltop. Hes like an expert ninja escape artist and actually pretty badass in the comics

as for carl in the comics he becomes a bad ass border line psycho path its just the kid who plays carl is a bad actor
                He'll be replaced in The Walking Dead: The Next Generation
                Denver Broncos GM
                Originally posted by Mosk
                Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

• Eventually they will have to toughen Carl up more. In the books there were twin boys, one killed the other. The TV show changed the storyline a bit and had Carol kill Lizzie.

In the book, Carl grabbed a gun and snuck into where the kid was and shot him dead because no one else had the guts.

As for Jesus, guy has mad skills which I think the episode hi-lighted well. Like Cap Said he is an asset for Hilltop.

But as the Walking Dead has shown many times, sometimes it is not Zombies who are the most dangerous.

Been reading the series for a few years, interesting to see what bits they mix and match between the show and book. The show was slowly leaning towards Rickchonne, still a lil quick after the Jessie incident.
                  The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

• I agree Jesus was awesome. I didn't think the episode was scaled back at all. In fact I thought it had a lot to offer in both action and humor.

My only confusion on Jesus is after whipping both guys one on one and scaling the van, why run away from Daryl one one one while Rick is fighting zombies?
                    sigpic

Comment

Eventually they will have to toughen Carl up more. In the books there were twin boys, one killed the other. The TV show changed the storyline a bit and had Carol kill Lizzie.

In the book, Carl grabbed a gun and snuck into where the kid was and shot him dead because no one else had the guts.

As for Jesus, guy has mad skills which I think the episode hi-lighted well. Like Cap Said he is an asset for Hilltop.

But as the Walking Dead has shown many times, sometimes it is not Zombies who are the most dangerous.

Been reading the series for a few years, interesting to see what bits they mix and match between the show and book. The show was slowly leaning towards Rickchonne, still a lil quick after the Jessie incident.
                      Yeah comic carl is way more bad ass than tv carl but comic carl is borderline crazy. Rickchonne kinda surprised me i mean i got a vibe that they cared for eachother but i thought it was along the lines of a mutual respect for eachother i guess it makes sense.

Comment

• Another pretty good episode last night!

although I'm starting to see what DenverBlood was talking about a page back ... they must have gotten real lazy this season with filming. Maybe it was just me but the following seems waaaaaaay off in terms of time -

Jesus comes into Rick's room as he's snuggled up with Michonne in what should be the middle of the night based on timeline. Next thing you know, Jesus is sitting on the steps looking at the painting with Emo Carl pointing a gun at his head and then the rest of the crew comes bursting in and it's broad daylight?

I thought the best part of the show was ... yet again Rick looking like a mad man, he stabbed that Hilltop dude in the neck, stands up covered in blood and says "WHAT?"

I got a bad feeling next week will be the week we lose a major character, at least the foreshadowing in last nights episiode leads me to believe that ... when Maggie is talking to Rick about the deal she says "It's gonna cost us something" and from everything I've read online, it seems we're over due for another major cast member to be killed.

Who do you think it will be? Darryl? Glen? maybe ...

Maggie? imagine how that would go over ... Glen would become a lunatic for sure!
                        sigpic

Comment

Another pretty good episode last night!

although I'm starting to see what DenverBlood was talking about a page back ... they must have gotten real lazy this season with filming. Maybe it was just me but the following seems waaaaaaay off in terms of time -

Jesus comes into Rick's room as he's snuggled up with Michonne in what should be the middle of the night based on timeline. Next thing you know, Jesus is sitting on the steps looking at the painting with Emo Carl pointing a gun at his head and then the rest of the crew comes bursting in and it's broad daylight?

I thought the best part of the show was ... yet again Rick looking like a mad man, he stabbed that Hilltop dude in the neck, stands up covered in blood and says "WHAT?"

I got a bad feeling next week will be the week we lose a major character, at least the foreshadowing in last nights episiode leads me to believe that ... when Maggie is talking to Rick about the deal she says "It's gonna cost us something" and from everything I've read online, it seems we're over due for another major cast member to be killed.

Who do you think it will be? Darryl? Glen? maybe ...

Maggie? imagine how that would go over ... Glen would become a lunatic for sure!

I have not read the books, but from what I hear, Neegan is supposed to be one of the most ruthless characters in TWD universe. So I can bet when he finally makes his appearance it will be accompanied with a bang!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                            I have not read the books, but from what I hear, Neegan is supposed to be one of the most ruthless characters in TWD universe. So I can bet when he finally makes his appearance it will be accompanied with a bang!
                            Well I just hope that bang is left for what I would consider a "B" rated cast member ... maybe Abraham, or Sasha or someone like that because if an "A" rated member goes out, I'm not sure there is one I could do without on the show anymore!

Maybe it's Darryl? I mean, he did turn Neegan's guys into soup with the Rocket Launcher. With the introduction of Jesus and him being a real bad ass himself ... maybe they think they can afford to lose Darryl? I sure hope not but it would make a little sense.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Abraham cracked me up this week though

"When you were pouring the Busquick, were you trying to make pancakes?"

Anyways so I'm not complaining about the episode one bit when I ask this, and I'm still on the side of our characters but:

At what point do we have to take a serious look and ask ourselves: Is the group still a crew of "good" people?

Because I feel like Rick is very close to the edge of not being a good person anymore. If not over the line.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                                Abraham cracked me up this week though

"When you were pouring the Busquick, were you trying to make pancakes?"

Anyways so I'm not complaining about the episode one bit when I ask this, and I'm still on the side of our characters but:

At what point do we have to take a serious look and ask ourselves: Is the group still a crew of "good" people?

Because I feel like Rick is very close to the edge of not being a good person anymore. If not over the line.
                                What is good and bad in this postapocalyptic world? The moral code kinda went out the window and keeps getting more and more grey as life goes forward. Rick is what he needs to be, worried about himself and his group, you can't worry about others, he's had too many others try and screw his group over.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X