X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
    Whats more now Michonne will be out next season, now that it's just getting good with the Whispers plot line. At this rate not many will be around next season, Daryl and Carol, that's about it, since they both signed BIG HUGE contracts for a Bazillion dollars! It's cool that they are developing thw made for TV Movies with Rick and such, but WHY did they not develop the Jesus Character??? Makes no sense? No wonder he didn't mind being killed off! Don't really think this will last past season 10.

My main question is , which way does Negan go now?
    I'm no longer a fan of Michonne. She's always too moody and frowning... but I do like how the Whisperer's plot is starting to develop.

Leave a comment:

• Axemaster
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Reports of Andrew Lincoln's final season next year. Reduced roll to only 6 episodes and will exit the show. And Lauren Cohen also reduced to 6 episodes. Sounds like I jumped out at the perfect time. Next season will probably be awful.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/...-season-9?read
    Whats more now Michonne will be out next season, now that it's just getting good with the Whispers plot line. At this rate not many will be around next season, Daryl and Carol, that's about it, since they both signed BIG HUGE contracts for a Bazillion dollars! It's cool that they are developing thw made for TV Movies with Rick and such, but WHY did they not develop the Jesus Character??? Makes no sense? No wonder he didn't mind being killed off! Don't really think this will last past season 10.

My main question is , which way does Negan go now?

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Reports of Andrew Lincoln's final season next year. Reduced roll to only 6 episodes and will exit the show. And Lauren Cohen also reduced to 6 episodes. Sounds like I jumped out at the perfect time. Next season will probably be awful.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/...-season-9?read

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
    Wow, guess you do need to stop watching. I just enjoy it for what it is! A Zombie show, that has great characters, great acting, good storylines that don't ALWAYS follow or do or STATISFY what the FANS want! Just like Breaking Bad to me!!!

Maybe another two good seasons left in it. STILL, it beats the totally POINTLESS Fear the Walking Dead!!!!! Has anyone tried watchin it??? Truly PAINFULL!!!

They are so desperate, they have MORGAN joining them, and sorry, even THAT does nbot help!
    I am trying it now.... it can be very painful....

Leave a comment:

• Axemaster
    replied
    I kept seeing comic readers defending it on the IGN review last night saying "This is how the comic books went with Negan joining Rick. What did ya'll expect?". I think I said this earlier today. If this is how the comics were written then both suck in my opinion.

The civil war part is made up for the show though. Apparently it's a time filler because the current arc is still being written and is a time jump forward. So the show is possibly choosing to fill the two year time jump with an internal conflict.

What pisses me off is if they can take the liberties there to invent a story that doesn't exist in the comics then why can't they take the liberty to choose to kill negan instead of follow the comics? It's what a majority of fans wanted since Glen's face got beat to a pulp.
    Wow, guess you do need to stop watching. I just enjoy it for what it is! A Zombie show, that has great characters, great acting, good storylines that don't ALWAYS follow or do or STATISFY what the FANS want! Just like Breaking Bad to me!!!

Maybe another two good seasons left in it. STILL, it beats the totally POINTLESS Fear the Walking Dead!!!!! Has anyone tried watchin it??? Truly PAINFULL!!!

They are so desperate, they have MORGAN joining them, and sorry, even THAT does nbot help!

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    Yeah, I usually give the show the benefit of the doubt. It's getting hard. I just feel like AMC and the writers really take the show for granted. The story is too repetitive. Character progression and dialog seem to get worse each season. I think, for me, it's time for a break.
    I kept seeing comic readers defending it on the IGN review last night saying "This is how the comic books went with Negan joining Rick. What did ya'll expect?". I think I said this earlier today. If this is how the comics were written then both suck in my opinion.

The civil war part is made up for the show though. Apparently it's a time filler because the current arc is still being written and is a time jump forward. So the show is possibly choosing to fill the two year time jump with an internal conflict.

What pisses me off is if they can take the liberties there to invent a story that doesn't exist in the comics then why can't they take the liberty to choose to kill negan instead of follow the comics? It's what a majority of fans wanted since Glen's face got beat to a pulp.

Leave a comment:

• SecondsAway131
    replied
    Yeah the whole thing just didn't sit well with me. But most of this season hasn't anyway. There will be fans that love it and continue to watch. I'll hear raves about how improved it is next season. But I don't care. I won't be tuning in with the die hards anymore. I hope this show fails and continues to plummet to lower and lower viewership every episode.
    Yeah, I usually give the show the benefit of the doubt. It's getting hard. I just feel like AMC and the writers really take the show for granted. The story is too repetitive. Character progression and dialog seem to get worse each season. I think, for me, it's time for a break.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    I honestly don't have too much of a problem with Rick doing that. He does seem to regret his decision once he hears Negan talk about Carl. I don't think it's completely unreasonable for that to be his turning point.

Pretty much everything else about the episode bothered me though. A long, drawn out sequence in which Negan appears to be 3 steps ahead of Rick and Co.? A moral discussion between good guys about whether or not to kill? None of this is original, and it has gotten old.

The big twist? Negan was sabotaged by....a former Alexandrian? WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT?

The scene with Maggie, Jesus, and Daryl really bothered me. The dark room, overly ominous music, and Maggie trying to play the villain card just felt forced. It was extremely cringe-worthy to watch.
    Yeah the whole thing just didn't sit well with me. But most of this season hasn't anyway. There will be fans that love it and continue to watch. I'll hear raves about how improved it is next season. But I don't care. I won't be tuning in with the die hards anymore. I hope this show fails and continues to plummet to lower and lower viewership every episode.

Leave a comment:

• SecondsAway131
    replied
    There is a lot that didn't make sense. Like why bother slitting his throat if you are just going to turn around and tell the Doc to save him? Some kind of alpha dog message to say I could've killed you just like that? But I'm not going to because Carl said not to.

I see a lot of fans defending how it's following the comic. Well to that I say that just means the comic took a dumb turn as well. I just don't see how after everything that's happened, Rick just expects the rest of the group to accept turning a blind eye to it. And we spent all season with various people "trapping, or imprisoning" negan for an episode and he always gets out and returns to villainy. Why should I believe he won't again next season? Because he doesn't in the comics?

The show has warn out it's welcome for me. It's lifecycle should've been 8 seasons. Really probably less. It should've ended with a stray from the comics by killing Negan and show ends. I don't care to see what's next.
    I honestly don't have too much of a problem with Rick doing that. He does seem to regret his decision once he hears Negan talk about Carl. I don't think it's completely unreasonable for that to be his turning point.

Pretty much everything else about the episode bothered me though. A long, drawn out sequence in which Negan appears to be 3 steps ahead of Rick and Co.? A moral discussion between good guys about whether or not to kill? None of this is original, and it has gotten old.

The big twist? Negan was sabotaged by....a former Alexandrian? WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT?

The scene with Maggie, Jesus, and Daryl really bothered me. The dark room, overly ominous music, and Maggie trying to play the villain card just felt forced. It was extremely cringe-worthy to watch.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Well, they kept the comic story arc of Negan being a prisoner, but why kill Carl? I figured if they killed off Carl's character, they would kill off Negan.
    There is a lot that didn't make sense. Like why bother slitting his throat if you are just going to turn around and tell the Doc to save him? Some kind of alpha dog message to say I could've killed you just like that? But I'm not going to because Carl said not to.

I see a lot of fans defending how it's following the comic. Well to that I say that just means the comic took a dumb turn as well. I just don't see how after everything that's happened, Rick just expects the rest of the group to accept turning a blind eye to it. And we spent all season with various people "trapping, or imprisoning" negan for an episode and he always gets out and returns to villainy. Why should I believe he won't again next season? Because he doesn't in the comics?

The show has warn out it's welcome for me. It's lifecycle should've been 8 seasons. Really probably less. It should've ended with a stray from the comics by killing Negan and show ends. I don't care to see what's next.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Well, they kept the comic story arc of Negan being a prisoner, but why kill Carl? I figured if they killed off Carl's character, they would kill off Negan.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post
    whys that? they finished the negan story arc like you wanted
    No they didn't. He is alive. And now they are hinting that next season will be civil war between Maggie and Rick. Ultra dumb.

Leave a comment:

• JT24Champ
    replied
    And on that note ive watched my last walking dead episode.
    whys that? they finished the negan story arc like you wanted

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    And on that note ive watched my last walking dead episode.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    After this past episode I'm not longer that confident that we will get closure to this story arc in the finale next week. I'm sure the show just wants to set it up as Rick's group walking into an Ambush so that we don't see how they can work their way out of it. But I'm guessing maybe Rick new Negan would catch on to Dwight's plan and he has a plan B we won't see coming.

But if they truly walk into an ambush and lose a lot of people and have to retreat into a season ending cliffhanger I'm done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X