No announcement yet.

'The Office' Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it's all over now. I think they did a good job with the finale. Lots of "warm" stuff. Bringing back Steve was great!!! Some of what happened was predictable, but a some of it wasn't. They did a nice job of tying together all the loose ends.

Based on the pre-show, these folks really loved their show, and got along very well.

Comment

• It was a decent finale. Don't really like when comedies go for the sad emotional endings.

There were some funny moments but really was hoping for a hilarious finale.

It will be weird not having new episodes anymore. But not really sure how much longer they could go without Steve Carell anyway.
      sigpic

Comment

• Confession: I cried like a baby straight up for the last 10ish minutes. I teared up multiple times before that.

I'M SO EMOTIONAL

Even though the show kinda sucked near the end, it was the first show that I was really into. So it's kindof equivalent to a first love: It's fantastic and great for a while; it diminishes near the end and you move on and find something better, but you never forget the significance of your first love. The Office was that for me because I started watching it early on in High School whenever I was developing into who I am today. There are better shows out there definitely, but I would struggle to say that any show has shaped me more as a human being than The Office. So I suspect that is a large reason why I literally bawled for the last 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          It was a decent finale. Don't really like when comedies go for the sad emotional endings.

There were some funny moments but really was hoping for a hilarious finale.

It will be weird not having new episodes anymore. But not really sure how much longer they could go without Steve Carell anyway.
          They did it justice. This show isn't just a damn comedy. Look back on the best episodes... they were some of the saddest episodes.

jmo, but this show was a better story than it was a comedy.

I attained multiple crygasms tonight.

Comment

• Best line was Steve near the end when he said that these were like his children growing up, all getting married to one another (something like that). That was sooooo funny.

Creed and Meredith always make me laugh.

So long to a good show!
            Last edited by CanDB; 05-17-2013, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncNuggsRocks View Post
              This show isn't just a damn comedy.

jmo, but this show was a better story than it was a comedy.

Strung a nerve did I lol. My intent wasn't to annoy or offend anyone.

And it is just a comedy. All comedies have some drama and sad parts in them.

This show was mainly built around quirky pranks, jokes and goofy characters. I'm not even asking for non stop comedy through the finale. Just thought they could've done better.

I was totally expecting some breakout spontaneous group dance at the wedding or something. Something they did at Jim and Pam's wedding and several times in "The Office".

That's all I'm saying. Didn't need to just be a total emotional reflection on 8 years. That's what the first hour interviews was for.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                Strung a nerve did I lol. My intent wasn't to annoy or offend anyone.

And it is just a comedy. All comedies have some drama and sad parts in them.

This show was mainly built around quirky pranks, jokes and goofy characters. I'm not even asking for non stop comedy through the finale. Just thought they could've done better.

I was totally expecting some breakout spontaneous group dance at the wedding or something. Something they did at Jim and Pam's wedding and several times in "The Office".

That's all I'm saying. Didn't need to just be a total emotional reflection on 8 years. That's what the first hour interviews was for.
                not really. just stating the obvious.

Comment

• Kelevin?!?!?!
                  Last edited by ebsoria; 05-19-2013, 05:35 PM.
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Working...
                  X