It is Real!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is Real!

I thought it was just a fantasy. But it is coming to fruition. Hope it will live up to all of the hype it will get.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/26/t...station-phone/

I reported this long ago as a rumor so I'm not really surprise about it. But eh... no thanks, I'll pass. I'm just interested in when they're going to announce the PSP2. Also Sony made a PSP phone like this about 2 years ago I think, and it got no hype at all. It kinda looked like the PSPGO, I forget the name of it. All I know is that it was a major flop.

Comment

Originally posted by amari24 View Post
      i reported this long ago as a rumor so i'm not really surprise about it. But eh... No thanks, i'll pass. I'm just interested in when they're going to announce the psp2. Also sony made a psp phone like this about 2 years ago i think, and it got no hype at all. It kinda looked like the pspgo, i forget the name of it. All i know is that it was a major flop.
      psp go!.....

Comment

I wonder what the battery life of that thing would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
          psp go!.....
          The Go sucked, it was just a bad idea from the start. If I do come in need of a new phone which looks plausible at this point, I might consider getting one of these. But so far I'm not really interested until they announce all of it's features such as the games and all of that. I wont be getting it if I'm not able to play PSP games on it.

Comment

Oh wow.. I just noticed it has no analogs... bummer. Guess I'll just wait for the PSP2 then. Nice try Sony but this will be just like the Go, only it has no analogs, and you'll be able to call people. Not worth my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
              Oh wow.. I just noticed it has no analogs... bummer. Guess I'll just wait for the PSP2 then. Nice try Sony but this will be just like the Go, only it has no analogs, and you'll be able to call people. Not worth my money.
              Well think about it how are they going to put an analog stick on there when it's designed to be a slide phone?

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                Well think about it how are they going to put an analog stick on there when it's designed to be a slide phone?
                Flat ones like the first PSP's. Even though the analogs on the PSP's sucked, they're still better than nothing. The only way I can picture myself getting this now is if it has homebrew, and emulation so I can play Genesis, SNES, and NES games on it, which I don't need an analog for. And that's just wishful thinking at best.
                Last edited by Amari24; 10-26-2010, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                  Flat ones like the first PSP's. Even though the analogs on the PSP's sucked, they're still better than nothing. The only way I can picture myself getting this now is if it has homebrew, and emulation so I can play Genesis, SNES, and NES games on it, which I don't need an analog for. And that's just wishful thinking at best.
                  Seeing as it's on Android, I see no reason for there not to be a great homebrew and emulation market going on with it.
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

oh i remember this.

i'll wait until it comes out to see if it's actually worth anything.

and who is going to carry it? just one carrier exclusive or?
                    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                      oh i remember this.

i'll wait until it comes out to see if it's actually worth anything.

and who is going to carry it? just one carrier exclusive or?
                      I think the rumor is Sony won't deal with CDMA so Verizon might be out of the running and AT&T might be the only carrier. But, who knows. It would be nice if this can live up to the hype. I like my phone now so I am in no hurry to get this day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                        I thought it was just a fantasy. But it is coming to fruition. Hope it will live up to all of the hype it will get.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/26/t...station-phone/
                        As a teacher... I have to admit that texting is already a problem.

It's bad enough I've already had a bag full of cell phones already... iPods, gameboys, you name it. I don't see this making my bag any smaller.

My record is 1 from every class (6) in one day, with two in one class. 7 for that one day. But I got one EVERY day.

Sometimes the parents would come and get them... And sometimes not.

This, is gonna be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                          Seeing as it's on Android, I see no reason for there not to be a great homebrew and emulation market going on with it.
                          Sony is against Homebrew and emulation though. Why do you think they took Linux out of the newer PS3 models? And the PSP GO was nearly impossible to hack, they'll defintley find a way to prevent homebrew. Nintendo is really the only company that welcomes it.

Comment

Working...
                          X