Top Gun 2?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gun 2?!?

They are planning once again to make a sequel to the popular 80s movie.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

They should just call it 'Ace Combat'. I mean that's the new "Top Gun" these days.

Comment

Yeah I heard this.
      There will also be another Mission Impossible.
      James Cameron is filming 2 Avatar movies, and Peter Jackson is making 2 Hobbit films.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        Yeah I heard this.
        There will also be another Mission Impossible.
        James Cameron is filming 2 Avatar movies, and Peter Jackson is making 2 Hobbit films.
        He said he was going to make a sequel before Avatar even had a chance to explode opening day. and we've known since before RotK that he was going to make The Hobbit. but why not break it in half and milk more money out of it... and the makers of the final Harry Potter film are following suit.

as for this..... good god is this a bad idea. i hoped and hoped and hoped against hope that Hollywood wouldn't be stupid enough to attempt a Top Gun sequel.

what they SHOULD do instead, is re-release it in IMAX format because that would be more awesome than any sequel they could make.

i hope they are smart enough not to greenlight this disaster.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
          He said he was going to make a sequel before Avatar even had a chance to explode opening day. and we've known since before RotK that he was going to make The Hobbit. but why not break it in half and milk more money out of it... and the makers of the final Harry Potter film are following suit.

as for this..... good god is this a bad idea. i hoped and hoped and hoped against hope that Hollywood wouldn't be stupid enough to attempt a Top Gun sequel.

what they SHOULD do instead, is re-release it in IMAX format because that would be more awesome than any sequel they could make.

He is making a prequel and a sequel of the Avatar.
          As for the Hobbit. At first it could never get off the ground, in now there gonna start to film movie 1 & 2 in New Zealand next year.

I never seen the first top gun, but is part of hollywoods new thing.
          Start making sequels to old films. Scream 4 trailer just came out, that is also part of the old film new sequel thing.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post

They wanted to make a squeal back in the day, but it was too expensive. They used all the footage of the planes in original.
            Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
            sigpic

Comment

He is making a prequel and a sequel of the Avatar.
              As for the Hobbit. At first it could never get off the ground, in now there gonna start to film movie 1 & 2 in New Zealand next year.

I never seen the first top gun, but is part of hollywoods new thing.
              Start making sequels to old films. Scream 4 trailer just came out, that is also part of the old film new sequel thing.
              The last Scream came out in 2000 didn't it? That's not really "old" by today's standards, but Hollywood will find anyway to get money, that's how they're making a joke out of the video game industry, turning every game into a movie. I've seen Top Gun 1, it wasn't bad, but it doesn't need a sequel. Not now anyways. Most directiors are just worried about how something looks in 3D, I'm glad Nolan isn't doing it with his Batman movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                The last Scream came out in 2000 didn't it? That's not really "old" by today's standards, but Hollywood will find anyway to get money, that's how they're making a joke out of the video game industry, turning every game into a movie. I've seen Top Gun 1, it wasn't bad, but it doesn't need a sequel. Not now anyways. Most directiors are just worried about how something looks in 3D, I'm glad Nolan isn't doing it with his Batman movies.
                Yeah, Hollywood is killing gaming, by making films out of it.
                I mean Halo would be a good CGI movie, but from what Spielberg said last month, it will be live action.

I hate the Batman films, Nolan is good at filming but sucks at finding actors to play the lead role. I hate Bale and his voice for Batman, Superman was just god horrid.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I mean Halo would be a good CGI movie, but from what Spielberg said last month, it will be live action.

I hate the Batman films, Nolan is good at filming but sucks at finding actors to play the lead role. I hate Bale and his voice for Batman, Superman was just god horrid.
                  Bale is alright, it's just his voice that kills me.

Comment

Yeah games like Halo would be great as CGI movie's. Same with Mass Effect, but that's already been confirmed to be a live action movie...

Comment

Yeah games like Halo would be great as CGI movie's. Same with Mass Effect, but that's already been confirmed to be a live action movie...
                      Mass Effect, Bioshock, Lost Planet, and World of Warcraft.
                      I never played or cared for World of Warcraft, but Lost Planet will be a great live action film. Bioshock will suck if it gets the greenlight. Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Lost Planet will be directed by the same guy.

But Lost Planet fits Hollywood, also I think Fear would make a great horror film.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Mass Effect, Bioshock, Lost Planet, and World of Warcraft.
                        I never played or cared for World of Warcraft, but Lost Planet will be a great live action film. Bioshock will suck if it gets the greenlight. Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Lost Planet will be directed by the same guy.

But Lost Planet fits Hollywood, also I think Fear would make a great horror film.

I don't know about Fear being a good Horror movie. Look at the Resident Evil movies. The CGI one was better than all the live action's.

Bioshock I don't think could work in CGI, Halo and Mass Effect, defintley. Lost Planet, I agree, that should be live action.

Comment

I don't know about Fear being a good Horror movie. Look at the Resident Evil movies. The CGI one was better than all the live action's.

Bioshock I don't think could work in CGI, Halo and Mass Effect, defintley. Lost Planet, I agree, that should be live action.
                          Fear is not the same as Resident Evil, but it will never be a movie.
                          Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Lost Planet are already a greenlight start to be made as well as Gears.
                          Halo is the only one that goes back in forth, Steven Spielberg announced last month it's his top priority to make Halo.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Fear is not the same as Resident Evil, but it will never be a movie.
                            Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Lost Planet are already a greenlight start to be made as well as Gears.
                            Halo is the only one that goes back in forth, Steven Spielberg announced last month it's his top priority to make Halo.
                            Yeah I just wish directors would take advantage of CGI. It was top notch when they first introduced it, but it's been under the radar since. Probably drowned by 3D, which I think is highly overrated. The great thing about CGI is that you don't have to worry about choosing the wrong actors, which has been the big reason why most game movies suck.

Comment

Yeah I just wish directors would take advantage of CGI. It was top notch when they first introduced it, but it's been under the radar since. Probably drowned by 3D, which I think is highly overrated. The great thing about CGI is that you don't have to worry about choosing the wrong actors, which has been the big reason why most game movies suck.
                              Yeah and CGI is cheaper in a sense.
                              Instead of hiring top actors, you could use the vocals of the people from the game. I mean for Mass Effect, the list of the voice actors is already top notch.
                              It would be cheaper in easier to film CGI with out hiring A-listers.
                              I think that is one reason why Spielberg is having so much trouble.
                              He can't find a fit for Chief, so he should just go CGI like the Final Fantasy films, and use the actors from Halo.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X