Top Gun 2?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Yeah, Hollywood is killing gaming, by making films out of it.
    I mean Halo would be a good CGI movie, but from what Spielberg said last month, it will be live action.

I hate the Batman films, Nolan is good at filming but sucks at finding actors to play the lead role. I hate Bale and his voice for Batman, Superman was just god horrid.
    Nolan has never directed a Superman Movie. That was Brian Singer.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
      Nolan has never directed a Superman Movie. That was Brian Singer.
      We'll see his first attempt with 'The Man of Steel'. I think it comes out in 2013

Comment

Yeah and CGI is cheaper in a sense.
        Instead of hiring top actors, you could use the vocals of the people from the game. I mean for Mass Effect, the list of the voice actors is already top notch.
        It would be cheaper in easier to film CGI with out hiring A-listers.
        I think that is one reason why Spielberg is having so much trouble.
        He can't find a fit for Chief, so he should just go CGI like the Final Fantasy films, and use the actors from Halo.
        i think a completely CGI film like this with regards to video games is a complete waste of time and pointless.

not that they wouldn't look cool or be good movies, but if i want to see a cartoon (in essence that's all it would be, i.e. Final Fantasy), i could just watch the movie clips from the games straight through. plus they don't have the same feel.

i think the lure of having a video game turned into a movie is that you get to see actors portray your favorite characters in a real world setting. now more often than not, the movies suck... but i was so stoked when i got to see all my favorite Mortal Kombat characters come alive in the first film (the second was animal waste).

i even liked seeing all the Street Fighter characters come alive, even though that movie was terrible also.

but i have a hard time getting into a fully CGI produced film...it just seems like i'm watching cartoon network.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
          i think a completely CGI film like this with regards to video games is a complete waste of time and pointless.

not that they wouldn't look cool or be good movies, but if i want to see a cartoon (in essence that's all it would be, i.e. Final Fantasy), i could just watch the movie clips from the games straight through. plus they don't have the same feel.

i think the lure of having a video game turned into a movie is that you get to see actors portray your favorite characters in a real world setting. now more often than not, the movies suck... but i was so stoked when i got to see all my favorite Mortal Kombat characters come alive in the first film (the second was animal waste).

i even liked seeing all the Street Fighter characters come alive, even though that movie was terrible also.

but i have a hard time getting into a fully CGI produced film...it just seems like i'm watching cartoon network.
          Your right to a point, some stuff just wont look good as live action though.
          For example, Halo( which in my eyes, Spielberg will never get off the ground) Wouldn't fit with live action. If they want it to be a movie it should be CGI.
          For the guaranteed films like Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Lost Planet, Bioshock is a maybe. I see that as a Avatar like movie, same for Mass Effect, but ME would have more freedom. By freedom I mean, most of that movie can be live action, with some places & characters CGI. Lost Planet will IMO the best video movie to be made. I'm not some fan boy of it, it just fits perfectly for todays filming.

The thing I agree with you with is seeing characters.
          I couldn't wait to see DB: Evolution, but it sucked.
          The characters was horrid.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Your right to a point, some stuff just wont look good as live action though.
            For example, Halo( which in my eyes, Spielberg will never get off the ground) Wouldn't fit with live action. If they want it to be a movie it should be CGI.
            For the guaranteed films like Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Lost Planet, Bioshock is a maybe. I see that as a Avatar like movie, same for Mass Effect, but ME would have more freedom. By freedom I mean, most of that movie can be live action, with some places & characters CGI. Lost Planet will IMO the best video movie to be made. I'm not some fan boy of it, it just fits perfectly for todays filming.

The thing I agree with you with is seeing characters.
            I couldn't wait to see DB: Evolution, but it sucked.
            The characters was horrid.
            yeah, i think there are certain projects that fit into different styles of media of course. as you said, some would work better with 100% CGI and others, maybe not so much...

now if we're talking Avatar-type CGI where it looks real and not cartoonish, i'd be more okay with that on some projects.

i never played Lost Planet but i think that is intriguing as a film, especially since i love sci-fi.

you know what i think is going to end up happening if Halo makes it? it's going to end up looking like Starship Troopers.

also, not just video games but cartoons are the same. when X-Men came out another dream of mine was made real. being able to see everyone live action was awesome. i had always imagined Patrick Stewart would play Professor X when i watched the cartoon every Saturday...and they nailed it. i even liked their casting for Storm (until she won an Oscar and thought Storm was bigger than everyone else). the only one i wasn't happy with was James Marsden (sp?) as my favorite, Cyclops. i think they could have done better with him.

even though i'm not a fan, the fist Spiderman was great... being a huge KD fan, i loved the MJ casting choice.

an example of a cartoon-movie epic fail?: Avatar.... ugh... M. Night messed that up big time.

ANYWAY... wasn't this a Top Gun 2 thread? Insane, you HAVE to watch Top Gun.... go... as soon as your local movie store opens...go rent it...

i used to watch it literally every single day growing up. it's one of my all-time favorite movies.

i had heard about a sequel way back when, and i didn't agree then, nor do i agree now that they should even give this a second thought at moving further.

the ONLY way this would remotely work for me is if they signed Cruise and Kilmer. without them, this sequel absolutely fails. Cruise would be perfect because he specified at the end he wanted to return to Fightertown and become an instructor. there's no reason he can't still be an instructor, even if they set it present day. same with Kilmer, however he could have a bit of a different role.

but since we're on the subject:

WHO would we want to be the new class of Top Gun?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
              yeah, i think there are certain projects that fit into different styles of media of course. as you said, some would work better with 100% CGI and others, maybe not so much...

now if we're talking Avatar-type CGI where it looks real and not cartoonish, i'd be more okay with that on some projects.

i never played Lost Planet but i think that is intriguing as a film, especially since i love sci-fi.

you know what i think is going to end up happening if Halo makes it? it's going to end up looking like Starship Troopers.

also, not just video games but cartoons are the same. when X-Men came out another dream of mine was made real. being able to see everyone live action was awesome. i had always imagined Patrick Stewart would play Professor X when i watched the cartoon every Saturday...and they nailed it. i even liked their casting for Storm (until she won an Oscar and thought Storm was bigger than everyone else). the only one i wasn't happy with was James Marsden (sp?) as my favorite, Cyclops. i think they could have done better with him.

even though i'm not a fan, the fist Spiderman was great... being a huge KD fan, i loved the MJ casting choice.

an example of a cartoon-movie epic fail?: Avatar.... ugh... M. Night messed that up big time.

ANYWAY... wasn't this a Top Gun 2 thread? Insane, you HAVE to watch Top Gun.... go... as soon as your local movie store opens...go rent it...

i used to watch it literally every single day growing up. it's one of my all-time favorite movies.

i had heard about a sequel way back when, and i didn't agree then, nor do i agree now that they should even give this a second thought at moving further.

the ONLY way this would remotely work for me is if they signed Cruise and Kilmer. without them, this sequel absolutely fails. Cruise would be perfect because he specified at the end he wanted to return to Fightertown and become an instructor. there's no reason he can't still be an instructor, even if they set it present day. same with Kilmer, however he could have a bit of a different role.

but since we're on the subject:

WHO would we want to be the new class of Top Gun?

The best way to watch Top Gun is to blast 'Highway to the Danger Zone' while your watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                The best way to watch Top Gun is to blast 'Highway to the Danger Zone' while your watching it.
                the best way to watch it is to blast the whole thing lol. the first time i watched it on BluRay i almost had an "awesome" seizure lol
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X