No announcement yet.

Captain America: First Avenger pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt strongly that Captain America should have first appeared in the Avengers movie, being discovered in the ice. That's always been the coolest thing about him to me, the "man out of time" angle.

He should first appear to the mass public as a throwback, a WWII relic that reminds the modern day heroes of the kind of attitude it took to get it down against the Third Reich. The "Greatest Generation" and all that.

Then you go back and do the period picture with him set in WWII.

Doing this first, I just don't much like it. He won't be as much fun in the Avengers flick getting adjusted to the current times. We'll be like "I get it, he's from WWII, I saw that movie already."

Essentially, I'm saying the first Avengers flick should been very heavily a Captain America flick. The public will have already seen Thor by then, and of course Iron Man.

But, what's done is done.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
      I'm so disappointed.

That guy is a horrible actor. He only gets roles because he's a pretty boy, and there's no way on earth I'll ever be able to take him seriously as Cap.

LOL I have been waiting for the GREEN LANTERN film to be made since I was a kid. I said exactly that when I found out Ryan Reynolds would be playing Hal Jordan.
      SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

As if you needed further proof this movie will suck....

What is up with the COBRA looking guys in the background?

Apparently Agent Smith.......err Red Skull is holding the Cosmic Cube here as well.

Can I use the Cosmic Cube to wish this movie goes away?
        Last edited by McSmashie; 01-16-2011, 02:21 PM.
        sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud View Post
          LOL I have been waiting for the GREEN LANTERN film to be made since I was a kid. I said exactly that when I found out Ryan Reynolds would be playing Hal Jordan.
          nothing wrong with Ryan Reynolds being cast. he's awesome. much better choice than anything going on in Captain America, sans Hugo Weaving.

Green Lantern is going to be much better than anything Marvel is spewing out right now.
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
            nothing wrong with Ryan Reynolds being cast. he's awesome. much better choice than anything going on in Captain America, sans Hugo Weaving.

Green Lantern is going to be much better than anything Marvel is spewing out right now.
            Ryan Reynolds, is the only actor that can play in both Marvel and DC films.

I like him in Marvel better, even though he only has one movie out, but will have another out next year or in 2013.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
              Ryan Reynolds, is the only actor that can play in both Marvel and DC films.

I like him in Marvel better, even though he only has one movie out, but will have another out next year or in 2013.
              i wish they hadn't destroyed Deadpool right off the bat in that terrible movie.
              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

If this movie doesn't blow chunks, it'll only be because of Hugo Weaving.

Love that guy. He must have owed someone a huge favor to appear in this movie.

Of course, you know I'll see it anyway. :sigh:

Comment

Agreed. He was amazing in V for Vendetta.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've always seen Ryan Reynolds as more of the Flash then a Green Lantern. Eh it seems he'll play anything though as long as he gets paid.

Comment

Hugo Weaving cant save all disasters.

Submitted as evidence: Matrix Revolutions.

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                      I've always seen Ryan Reynolds as more of the Flash then a Green Lantern. Eh it seems he'll play anything though as long as he gets paid.
                      The only superhero Ryan Reynolds should play is Plastic Man.

Honestly though, IF they did make a Plastic Man movie, Reynolds would be perfectly cast in it.
                      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

I'm very nervous about this movie. I love me some Captain America. He's so underrated as a superhero. Everything I see from Thor looks pretty damn good but the Capt stuff just looks...meh. Still pictures from superhero movies always look terrible though. I hope the trailer provides me with some hope.

sigpic

Comment

Another Craptain America pic....

For a guy that is supposed to be a super soldier, why does he have to hold onto the handrail while he is running?
                          sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
                            Another Craptain America pic....

For a guy that is supposed to be a super soldier, why does he have to hold onto the handrail while he is running?
                            LMAO ... that's funny

Im a bigger DC fan than marvel with the exception of X-Men and Spider-Man (comics and cartoons , Movies Sucked)

Can't wait for The Dark Knight Raises

Comment

Working...
                            X