No announcement yet.

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last Cabela's game I owned was Cabela's 2004, and that game was awesome imo. And it was fun just with the controller itself, I used to challenge my dad to see who could get the most hunts in a set amount of time. No one really cares about light guns these days, but back in the day, they were a huge thing. That'd be cool if they start to make a rise once again, and I could see myself getting one of these things to use on Cabela's 2011.

Comment

One thing I noticed when I watched the trailer just now, there was a croc getting ready to chomp the guys head off. Lol seriously, every animal on the planet wants these guys dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
        That'd be cool if they start to make a rise once again, and I could see myself getting one of these things to use on Cabela's 2011.
        The Controller is going to come with every game
        sigpic

Comment

welp. i shelled out the $70.00 it takes to get this game along with the gun.

so far... it's really a letdown. i noticed i posted before about the graphics being sup-par, but they actually really suck.

the gun is pretty cool. the "safety" just locks the stock in place, which is adjustable so that's cool.

i haven't really delved into story mode yet, i was doing a lot of the classic, just hunting type stuff but the biggest problem is the gun calibration is WAY off. i've tried calibrating it several times, and i dunno if it's just that my living room isn't big enough for me to stand the 2 yards away or my tv is too low or what but i can't get the sights calibrated perfectly and that is really annoying. it's like playing a really old shooter arcade where the sights are way off.

i'll keep playing with it and hopefully get it.

oh and the scope is useless. it doesn't help anthying, it's too small to actually see everything you need to look at on the screen. it's a red lens and there's a "power-up" you get that turns all the animals red and hidden things pop up through the lens, but we discovered the "hidden" things are highlighted regardless.

i really hope i get more into the game after paying the money and knowing i won't be able to return it. but i also got Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit today (which is by and large better and more fun to play than Gran Turismo 5) so i don't see a lot of hunting happening any time soon.
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
            welp. i shelled out the $70.00 it takes to get this game along with the gun.

so far... it's really a letdown. i noticed i posted before about the graphics being sup-par, but they actually really suck.

the gun is pretty cool. the "safety" just locks the stock in place, which is adjustable so that's cool.

i haven't really delved into story mode yet, i was doing a lot of the classic, just hunting type stuff but the biggest problem is the gun calibration is WAY off. i've tried calibrating it several times, and i dunno if it's just that my living room isn't big enough for me to stand the 2 yards away or my tv is too low or what but i can't get the sights calibrated perfectly and that is really annoying. it's like playing a really old shooter arcade where the sights are way off.

i'll keep playing with it and hopefully get it.

oh and the scope is useless. it doesn't help anthying, it's too small to actually see everything you need to look at on the screen. it's a red lens and there's a "power-up" you get that turns all the animals red and hidden things pop up through the lens, but we discovered the "hidden" things are highlighted regardless.

i really hope i get more into the game after paying the money and knowing i won't be able to return it. but i also got Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit today (which is by and large better and more fun to play than Gran Turismo 5) so i don't see a lot of hunting happening any time soon.
            Awwwwwww maaaaaaaaaan

Well that's a disappointing first assessment. I hope it gets better. How does the controller feel overall? Is it chintzy, or does it seem like it's decent quality? I really wanted to see what the story mode was all about. I mean, I think everyone has played big buck hunter at a bar or something at some point and you either like it or you don't, but the story mode seemed interesting.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X