X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kishzilla
    replied
    Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
    welp. i shelled out the $70.00 it takes to get this game along with the gun.

so far... it's really a letdown. i noticed i posted before about the graphics being sup-par, but they actually really suck.

the gun is pretty cool. the "safety" just locks the stock in place, which is adjustable so that's cool.

i haven't really delved into story mode yet, i was doing a lot of the classic, just hunting type stuff but the biggest problem is the gun calibration is WAY off. i've tried calibrating it several times, and i dunno if it's just that my living room isn't big enough for me to stand the 2 yards away or my tv is too low or what but i can't get the sights calibrated perfectly and that is really annoying. it's like playing a really old shooter arcade where the sights are way off.

i'll keep playing with it and hopefully get it.

oh and the scope is useless. it doesn't help anthying, it's too small to actually see everything you need to look at on the screen. it's a red lens and there's a "power-up" you get that turns all the animals red and hidden things pop up through the lens, but we discovered the "hidden" things are highlighted regardless.

i really hope i get more into the game after paying the money and knowing i won't be able to return it. but i also got Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit today (which is by and large better and more fun to play than Gran Turismo 5) so i don't see a lot of hunting happening any time soon.
    Awwwwwww maaaaaaaaaan

Well that's a disappointing first assessment. I hope it gets better. How does the controller feel overall? Is it chintzy, or does it seem like it's decent quality? I really wanted to see what the story mode was all about. I mean, I think everyone has played big buck hunter at a bar or something at some point and you either like it or you don't, but the story mode seemed interesting.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    welp. i shelled out the $70.00 it takes to get this game along with the gun.

so far... it's really a letdown. i noticed i posted before about the graphics being sup-par, but they actually really suck.

the gun is pretty cool. the "safety" just locks the stock in place, which is adjustable so that's cool.

i haven't really delved into story mode yet, i was doing a lot of the classic, just hunting type stuff but the biggest problem is the gun calibration is WAY off. i've tried calibrating it several times, and i dunno if it's just that my living room isn't big enough for me to stand the 2 yards away or my tv is too low or what but i can't get the sights calibrated perfectly and that is really annoying. it's like playing a really old shooter arcade where the sights are way off.

i'll keep playing with it and hopefully get it.

oh and the scope is useless. it doesn't help anthying, it's too small to actually see everything you need to look at on the screen. it's a red lens and there's a "power-up" you get that turns all the animals red and hidden things pop up through the lens, but we discovered the "hidden" things are highlighted regardless.

i really hope i get more into the game after paying the money and knowing i won't be able to return it. but i also got Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit today (which is by and large better and more fun to play than Gran Turismo 5) so i don't see a lot of hunting happening any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    That'd be cool if they start to make a rise once again, and I could see myself getting one of these things to use on Cabela's 2011.
    The Controller is going to come with every game

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    One thing I noticed when I watched the trailer just now, there was a croc getting ready to chomp the guys head off. Lol seriously, every animal on the planet wants these guys dead.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    The last Cabela's game I owned was Cabela's 2004, and that game was awesome imo. And it was fun just with the controller itself, I used to challenge my dad to see who could get the most hunts in a set amount of time. No one really cares about light guns these days, but back in the day, they were a huge thing. That'd be cool if they start to make a rise once again, and I could see myself getting one of these things to use on Cabela's 2011.

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied
    that's why Uncharted was all fine and dandy until the Nazi Zombies showed up. lol
    The only game that really gave me the creeps was probably the first silent hill. That was the first horror type game I played besides doom I guess.

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied
    just watched the trailer. never thought there'd be one of these "hunting" games with a plot lol. graphics don't look much better than those arcade games but maybe it was the video.

i'm sure while playing i'll be on alert and freaked out all the time... i can handle games where people are shooting at me and such but when creatures start comin' at me... i dunno. that's why Uncharted was all fine and dandy until the Nazi Zombies showed up. lol
    lol, yeah, and this is looking like they are billing it as almost an adventure horror type game. Even if the graphics aren't leading the pack, it's a unique enough experience with the gun and the hunting element that it should be plenty fun anyway. I think graphics are great, but gameplay trumps that hands down. There's a reason why I still pull out the ole Sega/NES/PS1 etc to play games that were truly fun to play.

And the shooting gallery arcade style part of this game should be cool as hell too. I can't tell you how many drunken nights I have spent in front of Big Buck hunter at the local bar with a couple buddies. Lets just say my initials are permanently up on the screen of a few Big Buck Hunter uprights across the country. Now I can do it at home!

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    just watched the trailer. never thought there'd be one of these "hunting" games with a plot lol. graphics don't look much better than those arcade games but maybe it was the video.

i'm sure while playing i'll be on alert and freaked out all the time... i can handle games where people are shooting at me and such but when creatures start comin' at me... i dunno. that's why Uncharted was all fine and dandy until the Nazi Zombies showed up. lol
    I know what you mean I think it was maybe the first Modern Warfare game, where the dogs come at ya, that's the only time I've been scared like that in a game... On top of that I felt bad cause my dog was watching me play the game

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied
    I just hope the gun controller isn't a cheap piece of crap. Also, I'm hoping it's rechargeable like the PS3 controllers. Don't wanna have to buy endless batteries for the thing.
    Last edited by kishzilla; 11-07-2010, 01:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
    Sorry. Too late

Man, this has so many possibilities. FPS with a gun in hand? Win
    yup you beat me to responding, so it stays

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied
    is there a safety on the gun? LOL
    I know, I saw that too

I guess they wanted to add a hint of realism to the bright orange and white rifle?

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    Originally posted by kishzilla View Post

HOLLERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gotta say... Never been hunting in my life, heck, never even shot a gun in my life... But now I'm not sure what game I want more... This, or Gran Turismo 5 lmao... This game looks truly epic and intense.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    is there a safety on the gun? LOL

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    Yeah lol, I realized that when I started watching the trailer, I came back here to delete my post so I didn't look like a complete idiot
    Sorry. Too late

Man, this has so many possibilities. FPS with a gun in hand? Win

Leave a comment:

Working...
X