• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Southstander
    King of Anvilania
    • Jun 2005

Superman: Man of Steel.

Rumors have The Rock and John Cena in the running to play the last son of Krypton.

On a side note I can't wait to see a certain posters reaction.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic
  • Elway
    Master of Game Day!
    • Jun 2003

Years ago Nicholas Cage was going to be Superman and Ben Affleck played him in Hollywoodland. Casting will have more of a chance screwing it upthan they have of getting it right.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

• RealBronco
      Resident Film Critic
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Elway View Post
      Years ago Nicholas Cage was going to be Superman and Ben Affleck played him in Hollywoodland. Casting will have more of a chance screwing it upthan they have of getting it right.
      Ben Affleck did not play Superman. he played George Reeves. that was actually a pretty decent movie, and even more surprisingly, a decent performance by Affleck.

as for the wrestler rumors. i doubt these very much. Christopher Nolan is directing this. he will find someone who can act to play Clark Kent/Superman.
      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

• SBboundBRONCOS
        some fans are just dumb
        • Mar 2007

the rock is pretty decent but cena is so beyond awful.

superman isnt some huge bulky dude though, i think both would be out of place
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

• Southstander
          King of Anvilania
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
          Ben Affleck did not play Superman. he played George Reeves. that was actually a pretty decent movie, and even more surprisingly, a decent performance by Affleck.

as for the wrestler rumors. i doubt these very much. Christopher Nolan is directing this. he will find someone who can act to play Clark Kent/Superman.
          Nolan is not the Director, he is involved but not behind the camera.

sigpic

Comment

• McSmashie
            Shamrocks and Shenanigans
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Elway View Post

Yep. Glad this didnt happen.
            sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

• McSmashie
              Shamrocks and Shenanigans
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
              the rock is pretty decent but cena is so beyond awful.

superman isnt some huge bulky dude though, i think both would be out of place
              Say WHAAAAAT?

sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

• Amari24
                Starter
                • Jan 2010

As much as a Rock fan I am, the directors aren't dumb.. they want the top notch actors...

That said, I think Nolan will do some great things with Superman. I myself am more of a Batman fan, really never like Superman that much, and the last movie was a disappointment. I'm willing to bet this one will be better.

Comment

• SBboundBRONCOS
                  some fans are just dumb
                  • Mar 2007

alright smash i take it back, lol, all this other superman multimedia stuff had me forget he actually is, almost everything else has him portrayed more as a ripped guy, not someone on steroids
                  sigpic
                  -------

Comment

• RealBronco
                    Resident Film Critic
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                    Nolan is not the Director, he is involved but not behind the camera.
                    i don't know why i said director. he's the executive producer. it might as well be a Nolan film though since it has the same producing duo that produces his Batman stuff and Goyer writing the script.

Snyder will do a good job though, especially under those producers and Goyer. Not to mention it looks like Zimmer is composing the music with Tyler Bates and Williams involved. That score will be great. I'm guessing they're going to incorporate some of Williams' iconic theme.

anyway, back to Snyder. guy directed 300 and The Watchmen. I don't think we'll have to worry about wrestlers dawning the red cape. While The Watchmen may have been long and somewhat boring, the acting was pretty great. Billy Cruddup did an amazing job.
                    sigpic

Comment

• ebsoria
                      Former Mod Of Steel
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                      Rumors have The Rock and John Cena in the running to play the last son of Krypton.

On a side note I can't wait to see a certain posters reaction.
                      So, is it a sequel to the one that came out a few year ago? If so, I have no problem if they bring back Brandon Routhe(I think that's his name... too lazy to look it up). He wasn't spectacular, but he had the look, IMO. And I like consistancy. That's why I liked Tobey as Spiderman, Robert D as Iron Man and now Christian Bale as Batman(as opposed to all the other Batmen from the "campy" movies).
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• RealBronco
                        Resident Film Critic
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                        So, is it a sequel to the one that came out a few year ago? If so, I have no problem if they bring back Brandon Routhe(I think that's his name... too lazy to look it up). He wasn't spectacular, but he had the look, IMO. And I like consistancy. That's why I liked Tobey as Spiderman, Robert D as Iron Man and now Christian Bale as Batman(as opposed to all the other Batmen from the "campy" movies).
                        i thought Routh did a great job playing Christopher Reeves lol.

but seriously he did a pretty good job. the main problem i had with Returns was casting Kevin Spacey as Luthor. terrible, terrible casting decision. awesomely talented actor... just the wrong role. didn't fit him at all.

also it seemed like rather than making a movie about him "returning" they just remade the first Superman. some of the scenes were even taken straight from that film.
                        Last edited by RealBronco; 11-15-2010, 02:00 AM. Reason: i put "roll" instead of "role" lol. i dunno. maybe Spacey plays a better crescent roll than a dinner roll?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Southstander
                          King of Anvilania
                          • Jun 2005

I think only the Brando footage was reused.

sigpic

Comment

• #1snake_fan
                            Banned User
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post

Nolan isn't Directing it he's the Producer so he has no say in the Actor

And I agree Afflack did a really good job in Hollywood Land infact it's my favorite movie of his (acting wise) Gone Baby Gone was a great movie and he directed that

Comment

• The Experience
                              All-Pro
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
                              Nolan isn't Directing it he's the Producer so he has no say in the Actor

And I agree Afflack did a really good job in Hollywood Land infact it's my favorite movie of his (acting wise) Gone Baby Gone was a great movie and he directed that
                              Ben Affleck is a tremendous Director and a good writer. In the right role he is a decent actor.

He isn't his brother though....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X