No announcement yet.

How i met your mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big finale tonight. I hope they end on a good note. The show has been average at best this year, but they could salvage everything with a winner ending. I have a hunch they will get it right tonight.

Comment

Shoulda called it how I met your step mother....worst freaking finale of all time. I can't believe I sat through 9 years for that pathetic ending....such a lame way out.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        Shoulda called it how I met your step mother....worst freaking finale of all time. I can't believe I sat through 9 years for that pathetic ending....such a lame way out.
        yeaaaah i liked it up until the ending......

SPOILERS*************************************

they hyped barney and robins wedding alllll season only for it to end with them gettin divorced
        i felt like Barney should have done something crazy and adopted a child or something that would have forced robin to stay closer to home and travel less possibly solving their problems

they shouldnt have killed off the mom it shoulda ended with Ted saying "and that kids is how i met your mother"
        and the mother coming in the room saying something about teds long story then with her saying "now that your dads story is done this kids this is how i met your dad" and possibly starting up the spin off something like that

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post

they hyped barney and robins wedding alllll season only for it to end with them gettin divorced
          i felt like Barney should have done something crazy and adopted a child or something that would have forced robin to stay closer to home and travel less possibly solving their problems

they shouldnt have killed off the mom it shoulda ended with Ted saying "and that kids is how i met your mother"
          and the mother coming in the room saying something about teds long story then with her saying "now that your dads story is done this kids this is how i met your dad" and possibly starting up the spin off something like that
          sigpic

Comment

Ehh I wouldn't say worst of all time, but definitely doesn't hold a candle to the quality of the first 3 or 4 seasons.

Agree with this for the most part. It's like they just totally ignored all the character development of Ted, Robin, and Barney over the last three seasons. I think I'll like the way it ended more if I re-watch the series a few years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
              Ehh I wouldn't say worst of all time, but definitely doesn't hold a candle to the quality of the first 3 or 4 seasons.

Agree with this for the most part. It's like they just totally ignored all the character development of Ted, Robin, and Barney over the last three seasons. I think I'll like the way it ended more if I re-watch the series a few years from now.
              yeah read somewhere they wrote and filmed the ending with the kids at the end of season 2 so they kinda wrote themselves into a corner and when the show developed into something more they were stuck

Comment

yeah read somewhere they wrote and filmed the ending with the kids at the end of season 2 so they kinda wrote themselves into a corner and when the show developed into something more they were stuck
                I remember hearing that as well. All in all in was a good, albeit somewhat disappointing, end to a tremendous series. Like I said above, I think I will enjoy the ending much more if I re-watch the series a few years from now.

But the real issue I have is...

Where the heck did this come from?!

Comment

I actually thought the very last part made sense......in terms of how he told the story to his kids, and why the mom wasn't there, and why his story to them was a lot about Robin. I mean why would you tell this long story to your kids and hardly talk about the mom, unless.......he was preparing them for wanting to get back with her?

But I wasn't keen on the final season. I think the Barney/Robin relationship was the wrong direction for the show to go......and most of the year had little energy/tension. Reminded me a bit of when Rachel and Joey hooked up on Friends, except that didn't last too long, and the show figured it out.
                  Last edited by CanDB; 04-01-2014, 06:04 AM.

Comment

I dont know i liked the ending...It makes sens, the show as always been about ted and robin and thats how it ended
                    sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                      I dont know i liked the ending...It makes sense, the show as always been about ted and robin and thats how it ended
                      Exactly.....they have always been the core theme, and all these years of wondering about what he was telling his kids, it was often about Robin and him. And therefore it made total sense, that he was telling them this long story to get their approval to date Robin. From that perspective, it was very smart......because why would it be a lot about the mother, when the intention was to move on, respectfully. Sure, a small twist, but the twist was on us. They knew who their mother was.....

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                        I dont know i liked the ending...It makes sens, the show as always been about ted and robin and thats how it ended
                        It's not that I minded Robin and Ted together so much as how they went about it. They spent an entire season on a wedding that in tv time lasted all of 5 minutes...They could have spent so much more of that time showing Ted getting to know the mother only to lose her. The way they did it made it feel so cheap. Like the mother meant nothing and it was always only Robin that mattered.

The execution of everything was just off...
                        sigpic

Comment

It's not that I minded Robin and Ted together so much as how they went about it. They spent an entire season on a wedding that in tv time lasted all of 5 minutes...They could have spent so much more of that time showing Ted getting to know the mother only to lose her. The way they did it made it feel so cheap. Like the mother meant nothing and it was always only Robin that mattered.

The execution of everything was just off...
                          i think i would have liked the whole season better if they used what they tried to squeeze in the last episode as the plot of season 9

maybe start off the beginning at barney and robins wedding then as the season progresses show how they all grew apart

Comment

Working...
                          X