Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23
    One of the main reasons why I buy the Indoctrination theory is how Bioware reacts to it.
    They duck questions about, try in play it off. If the theory wasn't true then they'd simply say no Shepard isn't indoctrinated. But they don't they float around the questions and try in change the subject.

Here is their presser at PAX east, they also give a bit of detail on their ideas of the series and the upcoming extended cut DLC, which is just a load of more cut scenes, not just a few cut scenes.

I was one of the very upset people until a played my second playthrough. I didn't even know of the theory yet, but during my second playthrough I was questioning somethings. Putting 2 and 2 together.

Like what the codex says, the growls, hums, and what the Rachni queen said about her indoctrination. After that I had to do some research then I came across the indoctrination theory.
    I may watch a bit of that later.... but I think at the very least it's possible that they maybe originally had something more in mind, and simply weren't given the time to fit it in.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    One of the main reasons why I buy the Indoctrination theory is how Bioware reacts to it.
    They duck questions about, try in play it off. If the theory wasn't true then they'd simply say no Shepard isn't indoctrinated. But they don't they float around the questions and try in change the subject.

Here is their presser at PAX east, they also give a bit of detail on their ideas of the series and the upcoming extended cut DLC, which is just a load of more cut scenes, not just a few cut scenes.

I was one of the very upset people until a played my second playthrough. I didn't even know of the theory yet, but during my second playthrough I was questioning somethings. Putting 2 and 2 together.

Like what the codex says, the growls, hums, and what the Rachni queen said about her indoctrination. After that I had to do some research then I came across the indoctrination theory.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    All my thoughts... or at least a lot of them. I had to stay out of this thread forever, because I was way behind. Finally finished this weekend though.

A large amount of spoilers, so I'm just going to tag the whole thing and make it white. With the new colors of quoting, please delete the colored part if you quote. Thanks!

*****SPOILERS*****

I have to say... I was not upset at the ending. Especially not at first. I always figured that the outcry largely had to do with Shepard not making it... and I was prepared for the worst. I wasn't surprised by the relays being destroyed, as I actually caught mention in this thread, and that's when I stopped visiting it.

I Did think that they could have done a lot more with the ending than they did... in SO many ways... It didn't really hit me until I came back here and reread all of this HOW MUCH more they could have done, and had promised to do.

I do think that's a let down, and I don't hold it against anyone being upset by that.

I do think that the 3 endings, while appearing nearly identical, do provide enough of a difference in choice that the way you choose to end the cycle was important enough of a difference.... destroy most technology, AI and Geth included, Vs. controlling the reapers, or completely rewriting all lifeforms and cyber-life forms?

Pretty heavy decision. Wish they'd given more cinematics with it to show it. Kinda cheap they way they did it.

Reading back and seeing mention of the talk of 16 different endings though... yeah... man what could have been.

What I would have liked the most though for the ending, is simply some show of your friends in the battle... I expected bits of cinematic tied in, and maybe some tie in to the death rate of your team, ala ME2.

Still, I wasn't that upset, and still am not. The game was awesome. I enjoyed it, and don't regret it. Sucks that so many others feel so let down. I don't blame them. I totally see where they're coming from now that I have read through here.

I have to say though.... I really am kinda pulling for the Indoctrination theory. I don't believe really that it's the case... It feels way too conspiracy theory for me. However, one article I read (I did a lot of reading to catch up on what everyone had to say about the controversy when I finished) mentioned that embracing the indoctrination theory would be the smart move on Bioware's part. I think they're right. They could turn what is undeniably a blunder on their part... into an AMAZING turn-around.

There is plenty of things from the story throughout that support it, without making changes besides adding onto the ending. Then they could provide a fair amount of variation to the story endings, after making it a little easier to access 'Shepard lives'... and it would all flow. It could be brilliant, besides the point that they sucked in how they delivered it.

I don't know. I had a lot more to say, and I really am running out of steam because I got interrupted a few times while writing this out.

I don't hate the ending... though I hope they really satisfy more people when they finally get around to adding to the ending. I don't have high hopes for it.

As for indoctrination, at the very least, it provides an entertaining view on the whole thing.

Edit: What upset me the most as I was playing through was the lack of certain NPCs being a part of it. In my case, Miranda. I had started a whole new playthrough (had lost my ME1 originals) where I didn't romance Ashley, so there wouldn't be an issue for having a relationship with Miranda. Then there was very little there for that relationship. I understand they had to kinda pick and choose who was major players throughout though. Oh well.

*****SPOILERS*****
    Last edited by LordTrychon; 05-07-2012, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Another pretty good analysis of the Indoctrination theory. Pretty much goes more in deep than the last video.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by Dieselspeed
    I agree, I even find it hard to force myself to do anything in the game that I wouldn't actually do if I was Shepard, haha. It helps the immersion when you do the kind of method acting stuff, forgetting who you actually are while you're playing the game, and simply being Shepard.
    Yeah, that's one reason why so many people have a issue with the ending. Since 2007 you've become close to your character as if it's you. The game squad is your squad.

Leave a comment:

• Dieselspeed
    replied
    I like to play it as if I was Shepard. Like if I was in his position what would I do.
    I agree, I even find it hard to force myself to do anything in the game that I wouldn't actually do if I was Shepard, haha. It helps the immersion when you do the kind of method acting stuff, forgetting who you actually are while you're playing the game, and simply being Shepard.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Yeah, I normally go and play through several more times, usually with a different class, I've just been distracted lately. Interesting that you like playing paragon, I seem to rarely encounter people who choose to do that. My own play-style is more of a blend, I go renegade most of the time, but paragon when it's warranted in some conversation with a character I really like or something.
    I like to play it as if I was Shepard. Like if I was in his position what would I do.
    I pick a renegade option if a renegade option is warranted, for example when the Admiral of the Heavy Fleet decides to fire on the Geth ship while the crew is aboard it. I wont punch him, but I will pick the renegade selection. I think if you punch him you lose the option to save both Tali and Legion(well from being shot).

Leave a comment:

• Dieselspeed
    replied
    I like the story I've still been playing it since released. On my fourth ME1 uploaded character. I like to have each playthrough different from the others, while still being the good guy(paragon).
    Yeah, I normally go and play through several more times, usually with a different class, I've just been distracted lately. Interesting that you like playing paragon, I seem to rarely encounter people who choose to do that. My own play-style is more of a blend, I go renegade most of the time, but paragon when it's warranted in some conversation with a character I really like or something.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    I should be ashamed, but I actually haven't played ME3 single player since I beat the game several weeks back. But anyway, I wasn't aware you could actually kill Mordin. Naturally, he died in my playthrough (as did everyone else), but unless we're speaking of the tower scene, is there something else?
    It all depends.
    Yes it's during the Tuchanka mission. Some might not know so I'll white it if anyone(you) want to know.
    It happens if you agree with the Salarian to sabotage the genophage. If you save Maelon's data you have the option to kills Mordin.

If you didn't keep Maelon's data, Mordin lives if you convince him too not cure the genophage. It's more popular to do this if you killed Wrex, and have Wreav as the Krogon leader.

If you saved the data the only why to not cure the genophage is by killing Mordin. It opens up new scenes. Wreav/Wrex will confront you later in the game, where either you or C-Sec will kill him.

I like the story I've still been playing it since released. On my fourth ME1 uploaded character. I like to have each playthrough different from the others, while still being the good guy(paragon).

Leave a comment:

• Dieselspeed
    replied
    I should be ashamed, but I actually haven't played ME3 single player since I beat the game several weeks back. But anyway, I wasn't aware you could actually kill Mordin. Naturally, he died in my playthrough (as did everyone else), but unless we're speaking of the tower scene, is there something else?

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    I just killed Mordin, and boy must I say that was hard. I did it because I want to have a playthrough where I kill him if I saved Maelon's data and Wreav was the Krogon leader. But man, that was almost as hard as killing Wrex.

Leave a comment:

• Dieselspeed
    replied
    So I started playing some multiplayer, and to be fair, it's a lot more satisfying than I expected. A good time waster when you're bored. Its entertainment value really went up when I decided to play a vanguard and discovered charge/nova. Zooming around the battlefield causing chaos is highly satisfying.

Except when I glitch out and end up literally flying above the battlefield.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    My main concern is seeing what the characters that survived do next. What becomes of the galaxy and all those who still inhabit it? Does my Shepard settle down on a quiet planet somewhere with Ashley? Like I said earlier, it's the same thing that happens to me when I finish a book I've put a lot of thought into.
    I see what you saying, and I agree with you.

Leave a comment:

• Dieselspeed
    replied
    My main concern is seeing what the characters that survived do next. What becomes of the galaxy and all those who still inhabit it? Does my Shepard settle down on a quiet planet somewhere with Ashley? Like I said earlier, it's the same thing that happens to me when I finish a book I've put a lot of thought into.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    I was kind of hoping this was Shepard's last game anyways. I don't have a problem with playing as a new guy if we were given the customization options and the ability to craft him with our choices.

Unfortunately, I think they resolved and unfolded too much in ME3 for me to even care about future games now. We never needed to know the Reapers' true purpose first of all. And all of the endings basically render any future games involving them impossible (unless they specify which is canon) on top of the mess with the Mass relays.

Although, I heard that BioWare said that the new ME games will be pre ME3. They also said that MP wouldn't affect the SP in ME3 (and a bunch of other things), so take their word for whatever you will. It's all up to EA at this point. If I honestly had to bet money on this I would say a FPS is just around the corner.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎