Mortal Kombat 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortal Kombat 9

Anyone getting it? MK is my favorite fighting game behind Tekken. My favorites were the ones of the Genesis and SNES. I hope the game gets a good a review, if they're 7.5 or above, I'll be picking it up. Anything lower than that, I'll wait to get it, and I'll be very dissappointed.

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    Anyone getting it? MK is my favorite fighting game behind Tekken. My favorites were the ones of the Genesis and SNES. I hope the game gets a good a review, if they're 7.5 or above, I'll be picking it up. Anything lower than that, I'll wait to get it, and I'll be very dissappointed.
    Will be definately picking it up. Hopefully someday we get the Armageddon roster with this new format.
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

i am SOOO stoked for this. i cannot wait. it looks like they finally realized they were making it wrong. after suffering through MK 4-8 this is likely going to be awesome!!!

and PS3 owners get Kratos as a playable character!

after the gigantically disappointing MK: Armageddon, this should revitalize the franchise.

with all of the media plugs they seem to be focusing heavily on Scorpion and Sub-Zero, but that's not a bad thing. i'm excited that Cyrax is back with his green net. i really hope Shang Tsung looks awesome. he's my all-time favorite.

Mortal Kombat is hands down the best fighting game ever.

it sucks we have to wait until April though
      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I heard Sub Zero will be a cyborg ninja in this game. That's so cool, him and Scorpion were my favorite from the start.

Comment

Not a huge fan of fighting games, even the old school ones, admittedly because I'm awful at most of them.

This video sold me though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izVZsnCiaWk

The xray damage at around 3 minutes is soooo freaking cool. I also love the battle damage the characters accumulate.

Sould Caliber is the only one I've ever beene exceptional at, I used to beat up on little kids at the arcade in the mall.

This Mortal Combat looks just fantastic though. The backgrounds and scenes look just amazing, looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. I wish 360n owners would get a unique character, like Master Chief or a Fable-esque character, but I can understand how that would be hard to work in.

I was super stoked to see environment finishers like the uppercut off the bridge into the spikes (I think that was in 2).

The last thing I hope for is that Goro is playable right out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
            This Mortal Combat looks just fantastic though. The backgrounds and scenes look just amazing, looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. I wish 360n owners would get a unique character, like Master Chief or a Fable-esque character, but I can understand how that would be hard to work in.
            If PS3 players get Kratos then 360 players should get Master Chief.
            sigpic

Comment

I own both the PS3 and 360 so I'm not complaining, but I do think that's unfair how the PS3 get's EVERY exclusive character and the 360 gamers get nothing. They did the same thing with Arkham Asylum, PS3 gamers got Joker, and 360 gamers got nothing at all.

360 should get Ezio from Assassin's Creed. Yes I know Assassin's Creed isn't a 360 exclusive, but it would be fair seeing as the PS3 gets another character.

Comment

I own both the PS3 and 360 so I'm not complaining, but I do think that's unfair how the PS3 get's EVERY exclusive character and the 360 gamers get nothing. They did the same thing with Arkham Asylum, PS3 gamers got Joker, and 360 gamers got nothing at all.

360 should get Ezio from Assassin's Creed. Yes I know Assassin's Creed isn't a 360 exclusive, but it would be fair seeing as the PS3 gets another character.
                Aww that would be sick! Imagine the fatalites.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                  Aww that would be sick! Imagine the fatalites.
                  Exactly, Ezio would be the perfect fit for this game. Not to mention Kratos was already in Soul Calibur on the PSP. At least give everyone else something different.

Comment

How about Tebow for the 360?
                    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                    sigpic

Comment

For me I will be passing on this game, I have not been into Mortal Kombat since the N64. I try to not buy fighting games, there boring after a while, if anything I'd rent, and it's also a attempt at what Soul Caliber did a few years ago.

Each of the 3 consoles had a special character, Wii had Yoda, PS2 or PS3 I'm not sure which one or both, had Darth Vader, and the Xbox had Spawn.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

SC for the 360 you could DL Vader.
                        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                        sigpic

Comment

Owning just a PS3, believe me the 360 gets its fair share of exclusives. We got the Fallout 3, GTA4, and now Fallout New Vegas DLC later than xbox. Xbox got the map packs for COD before us. Rock Band 2 was released a month before ps3. I'm sure i'm missing a ton, but no sympathy from me lol. Yes i'm bitter lol!
                          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                            For me I will be passing on this game, I have not been into Mortal Kombat since the N64. I try to not buy fighting games, there boring after a while, if anything I'd rent, and it's also a attempt at what Soul Caliber did a few years ago.

Each of the 3 consoles had a special character, Wii had Yoda, PS2 or PS3 I'm not sure which one or both, had Darth Vader, and the Xbox had Spawn.
                            Every game is boring after a while. It's a select few have that "special" aspect about them, which don't make them boring no matter how many times you play them.

Also Soul Calibur IV, PS3 had Vader and Starkiller, 360 had Yoda and Starkiller.

Soul Calibur 3 had Spawn, and Heihachi from Tekken. I think it was 3.

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                              Owning just a PS3, believe me the 360 gets its fair share of exclusives. We got the Fallout 3, GTA4, and now Fallout New Vegas DLC later than xbox. Xbox got the map packs for COD before us. Rock Band 2 was released a month before ps3. I'm sure i'm missing a ton, but no sympathy from me lol. Yes i'm bitter lol!
                              That's just DLC and stuff. I'm talking about exclusive characters. I don't know what the devs were thinking putting Joker only on PS3, and giving 360 gamers no villain character at all. I seriously hope they won't do the same with Mortal Kombat.
                              Last edited by Amari24; 12-21-2010, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X