MLB 11 : The Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
    Typically, a player is not put into the game until they have made an MLB appearance.
    I guess that's fair enough. Thanks.

Comment

So... I just turned in probably the worst sports video game performance since I was eight. I'm generally pretty bad at baseball games because I get impatient and swing at everything. I ended this game with two hits, no runs 17 strikeouts against. Gave up 10 runs on 15 hits, 9 errors. I was absolutely awful lol.

Any tips on working on my plate discipline? I know how to work on the errors lol.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Use the Solders is the only thing I can think of.
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
          So... I just turned in probably the worst sports video game performance since I was eight. I'm generally pretty bad at baseball games because I get impatient and swing at everything. I ended this game with two hits, no runs 17 strikeouts against. Gave up 10 runs on 15 hits, 9 errors. I was absolutely awful lol.

Any tips on working on my plate discipline? I know how to work on the errors lol.
          Plate discipline. Well what I usually tend to do when I need a big hit or something or a clutch at bat is "Guess pitch" fastball.

Guess fastball, that way if you know it's not a fastball, then there will most likely be some movement on the pitch. If you guess fastball and it looks good, then swing, because it will be good.

If you guess fastball and you get it wrong, then you have limited your options to most likely a breaking ball or a change up (or like a 2 seem fastball, in that case you just gotta be good). Most breaking balls are easier to read then you think... The rule is, if it looks good early, then it's not. If it looks wild early, it's going to be a strike (unless of course it's so wild that the break makes it even worse, but you'll be able to read that)

So my advice is, guess fastballl, if it's not a fastball and it looks straight, then it'll be a change up and give you time to read if it's going to be a strike or not. If you guess fastball and it's wrong and you see it's a breaking ball, then take in to consideration if the pitcher is a righty or lefty. Read the break.

Then when you can master things like that then start working on remembering pitchers tendencies. Ex.. first pitch fastballs, curve ball for his strike out pitch, or throwing away to lefties and what not.

It just takes some time, but eventually you'll get better.

(oh yeah, and use the Twins They rock!)

Comment

Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post
            Plate discipline. Well what I usually tend to do when I need a big hit or something or a clutch at bat is "Guess pitch" fastball.

Guess fastball, that way if you know it's not a fastball, then there will most likely be some movement on the pitch. If you guess fastball and it looks good, then swing, because it will be good.

If you guess fastball and you get it wrong, then you have limited your options to most likely a breaking ball or a change up (or like a 2 seem fastball, in that case you just gotta be good). Most breaking balls are easier to read then you think... The rule is, if it looks good early, then it's not. If it looks wild early, it's going to be a strike (unless of course it's so wild that the break makes it even worse, but you'll be able to read that)

So my advice is, guess fastballl, if it's not a fastball and it looks straight, then it'll be a change up and give you time to read if it's going to be a strike or not. If you guess fastball and it's wrong and you see it's a breaking ball, then take in to consideration if the pitcher is a righty or lefty. Read the break.

Then when you can master things like that then start working on remembering pitchers tendencies. Ex.. first pitch fastballs, curve ball for his strike out pitch, or throwing away to lefties and what not.

I remember my created player fouled off like eight or nine pitches then worked the count to a 3-2 count and got the walk off hit to win the game ... with a double to score the winning run from first ... AWESOME

Comment

Just finished my first full game. I beat the Rockies 6 - 0 with Lester pitching a complete game 2 hit shut out.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                Just finished my first full game. I beat the Rockies 6 - 0 with Lester pitching a complete game 2 hit shut out.
                Just a preview of what could (Probably Wont) happen in SOXTOBER right South

Comment

Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
                  Just a preview of what could (Probably Wont) happen in SOXTOBER right South
                  Add a few more runs for us and Ill go along with that.

sigpic

Comment

I wish a few more of our throwbacks where in the game.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post

Working on that now... My main issue is I see it's going to be a ball, but my reflexes still push up on the stick lmao... I've always been an easy strikeout in baseball games since Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run for the SNES I'm getting better and better about it though... Still haven't won a game through the first six of my season, but I'm improving nonetheless. My errors have decreased as well, so as soon as I get going with my plate discipline and other batting issues, I'm good to go.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                        Working on that now... My main issue is I see it's going to be a ball, but my reflexes still push up on the stick lmao... I've always been an easy strikeout in baseball games since Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run for the SNES I'm getting better and better about it though... Still haven't won a game through the first six of my season, but I'm improving nonetheless. My errors have decreased as well, so as soon as I get going with my plate discipline and other batting issues, I'm good to go.
                        There is a slider that will slow the pitch so you can better read it. It does not effect any other part of the game. It has helped me a ton.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                          There is a slider that will slow the pitch so you can better read it. It does not effect any other part of the game. It has helped me a ton.
                          Thanks, I'll let ya know how it works for me.

sigpic

Comment

started my regular season yesterday, beat the cards 4-3 , with my padres

hawpe hit a key hr late for the win

i went up 1-0 , and berkman hits a hr to tie immediately

i go up 3-1 and pujols hits a 2 run hr , again immediately for the tie

so latos goes 6 , gives up 3 er, k's 5, 0 walks, 5 hits , pretty much the same stat line wainright had

gregerson gets the win thanks to the hawpe 9th inning solo shot, and heath bell comes on to dominate the bottom of the 9th

lovely game!
                            sigpic

Comment

I had a six hit shutout of the Rangers winning 10 - 0.

sigpic

Comment

I'm improving drastically with my plate discipline. This game I finally drew my first walk lol and have gotten quite a few 6-7 pitch at bats. Still haven't won a game, but I do feel I am improving. Thanks for the tips everyone.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X