Fallout 3: New Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    I've never had that happen... one thing I don't like is when you tell your companions to wait somewhere, and then you forget that you said that, and you're fifty miles away before you realize it and you forgot where you put them

Also, does Boone turn on you if you get the NCR pissed at you?
    He will leave your party permanently if your NCR fame gets low enough or if your Legion fame gets high enough.

It might be glitched though. I killed all of the brotherhood of steel with Veronica in my party. She told me to knock it off, but never left my team.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      I would've only chose one between energy weapons and guns, getting both doesn't make sense unless you plan on making tons of money. Energy weps are more expensive than guns, and instead of spending points on both, you could've spent more on one of them to make them more effective.

Lockpick is far more important in this game than science, especially early on. You don't really use much science until you make it to New Vegas basically.

-Guns
      -Lockpick
      -Speech

Those were my 3.
      anh true i think ill do it again cuz it was really late when i did it and i didnt really pay attention
      sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

I did guns, lockpick, and sneak. I love sneaking around and getting the huge bonus for shooting people while hidden.

Comment

This game is becoming more and more unplayable for me... they really need to patch this game again. I can't play for more than an hour at best before the game crashes, and I have to hard reboot my PS3, which isn't good for the system life. I spent $60 on this game, and I would've thought they were going to fix the issues since Oblivion..

Comment

I did guns, lockpick, and sneak. I love sneaking around and getting the huge bonus for shooting people while hidden.
            Sneaking is very useful. I did speech, it's very benefitcal early on.

Comment

Sneaking is very useful. I did speech, it's very benefitcal early on.
              Yeah, I remember a lot of instances where I was wishing my speech level was higher (as well as barter). I'm sure I'll do another playthrough and I'll change up how I start, and likely have speech as one of my starting deals.

And I'm still not running into any crashes, and I'm closing in on 20 hours of playtime. Maybe it's the PS3 version that they haven't totally fixed yet.

Comment

Yeah, I remember a lot of instances where I was wishing my speech level was higher (as well as barter). I'm sure I'll do another playthrough and I'll change up how I start, and likely have speech as one of my starting deals.

And I'm still not running into any crashes, and I'm closing in on 20 hours of playtime. Maybe it's the PS3 version that they haven't totally fixed yet.
                Right now I'm on 40 hours of gameplay, I'm just a little scared to play, because the more the game crashes and having to reboot, the more it can risk damaging my PS3. I looked at this one article and read the comments, and some people have said it's the same on the 360 version, and PC. It's just Bethesda, once again, can't release a non-glitchy/buggy game. Oblivion was full of bugs, but New Vegas is just ridiculous.

I might just have to sit it down until another patch comes out, I don't wanna risk damaging a $300 piece of hardware just because the game crashes. I'm going to try re-installing the game again, without updating, and see if that can at least grant me an extra hour or two of gameplay. Some people say that their problems occured after the update.

Comment

Right now I'm on 40 hours of gameplay, I'm just a little scared to play, because the more the game crashes and having to reboot, the more it can risk damaging my PS3. I looked at this one article and read the comments, and some people have said it's the same on the 360 version, and PC. It's just Bethesda, once again, can't release a non-glitchy/buggy game. Oblivion was full of bugs, but New Vegas is just ridiculous.

I might just have to sit it down until another patch comes out, I don't wanna risk damaging a $300 piece of hardware just because the game crashes. I'm going to try re-installing the game again, without updating, and see if that can at least grant me an extra hour or two of gameplay. Some people say that their problems occured after the update.
                  Maybe I'm just lucky then. My game hasn't crashed once! Oblivion and Fallout 3 never had problems either... Hopefully it doesn't get worse now that I've said this

And is it confirmed yet that they'll be using a new game engine for the next Elder Scrolls game? The current one is REALLY starting to show it's age, and, pretty clearly, is riddled with bugs that Bethesda can't or won't fix.

Comment

Maybe I'm just lucky then. My game hasn't crashed once! Oblivion and Fallout 3 never had problems either... Hopefully it doesn't get worse now that I've said this

And is it confirmed yet that they'll be using a new game engine for the next Elder Scrolls game? The current one is REALLY starting to show it's age, and, pretty clearly, is riddled with bugs that Bethesda can't or won't fix.
                    Yep they confirmed that not too long ago, I really wish they'd used that same engine for New Vegas, assuming it doesn't glitch and crash much either.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/12/12/co...ly-new-engine/

Now I'm going to be more cautious when buying Bethesda games, I should've did my homework on New Vegas before I paid $60 for it. Great game, but unplayable. This time I'm going to try and resist the temptation of getting Skyrim on it's release. Wish me luck

Comment

Did the first update help because i did not do it and i am wondering if i should do it ?
                      sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Well, I think I'm officially getting AC Brotherhood. Can't believe how many people are saying this is unplayable
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                          Did the first update help because i did not do it and i am wondering if i should do it ?
                          The update didn't do jack... almost as if it's just for show.

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                            Well, I think I'm officially getting AC Brotherhood. Can't believe how many people are saying this is unplayable
                            Defintley get Brotherhood, which is what I should've got instead. The way New Vegas is broken, I wouldn't even pay $30 for it. I'm so pissed that I paid a full $60 for it, while I had the chance to get Brotherhood...

Comment

Yeah they're both on sale right now at best buy for 35
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                                Brotherhood is very good, but some of the things in it felt a little poorly implemented. The horse riding seemed like a joke after playing Red Dead Redemption so much.

Overall I'm glad I just rented it from gamefly because even though it's a good game, it's a little TOO familiar to AC2.

And for some reason my Fallout NV save hasn't crashed at all...

Comment

Working...
                                X