• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos fo life
    replied
    Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
    Per PC Gamer-

Whoops! Lonesome Road has suffered a last minute delay and will now be available later this evening. The Fallout New Vegas DLC was scheduled to be on Steam right now. There’s even a post on Bethblog claiming that it’s available, but a search of the Steam store reveals the DLC is nowhere to be seen.

When we contacted a representative of Bethesda for comment we were told that there had been a last minute delay, and that we could expect the Lonesome Road to arrive around “Mid afternoon, West Coast time”, which is late evening to us here in the UK. It’s a shame, but only a minor annoyance, especially compared to Batman: Arkham City being delayed by a month.
    Was the youtube "No" compilation per PC Gamer as well?

Leave a comment:

• Puddleglum
    replied
    Per PC Gamer-

Whoops! Lonesome Road has suffered a last minute delay and will now be available later this evening. The Fallout New Vegas DLC was scheduled to be on Steam right now. There’s even a post on Bethblog claiming that it’s available, but a search of the Steam store reveals the DLC is nowhere to be seen.

When we contacted a representative of Bethesda for comment we were told that there had been a last minute delay, and that we could expect the Lonesome Road to arrive around “Mid afternoon, West Coast time”, which is late evening to us here in the UK. It’s a shame, but only a minor annoyance, especially compared to Batman: Arkham City being delayed by a month.

Leave a comment:

• sbxxxiichamps
    replied
    Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I intend to play the new DLC "Lonesome Road" when it comes out today.
    I would be playing that myself......the only problem is I'm out of microsoft points and don't feel like paying for more

Leave a comment:

• Puddleglum
    replied
    I don't know about you guys but I intend to play the new DLC "Lonesome Road" when it comes out today.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    I wouldn't get the DLC until you reach about level 20. They'll honestly hand you your ass if you're a lower level lol. Or at least I wouldn't attempt them without being a high level. Good luck with the robot radscorps on Old World blues at level 5 lmao.

You don't miss out on anything special without them. Although, Old World Blues gives you some cool stealth armor during the quest, but it's really only useful if you're a stealth guy. So, it's probably worth it if you're a sniper and you want a higher chance at criticals, or if you just sneak around a lot.

Really, the only one I wouldn't get is Dead Money. Honest Hearts is pretty good because you can get the Desert Ranger combat armor. Old World Blues is just good period, plus you get the stealth suit.

Are they worth it? Depends. If you don't care about the combat armor, or the stealth suit I mentioned, then no.

A new one called 'Lonesome Road' is coming out soon.
    Last edited by Amari24; 08-08-2011, 01:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    well, i finally broke down and bought new Vegas on steam because it was on sale for $9.99.

not going to play it quite yet because i am still playing through some other games i bought but i have a question.

would it be better to get all the DLC before i start playing? will they benefit me from the start?

or can i just play the regular game and then just get the added content later without missing out on anything early in the game?

is it even worth it to buy them?

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by sSync View Post
    First time I've played the Xbox for a while, put New Vegas in and did a couple of really long, arduous quests that required a lot running backwards and forwards. Annnnnnnd... the save file corrupted (of course). That'll teach me for relying on the autosave function. 2 hours, gone. Dammit.

:brick:
    Ouch, that sucks. I save pretty much every 10 minutes without fail, it's a habit of mine born out of things like this

Leave a comment:

• Sync
    replied
    First time I've played the Xbox for a while, put New Vegas in and did a couple of really long, arduous quests that required a lot running backwards and forwards. Annnnnnnd... the save file corrupted (of course). That'll teach me for relying on the autosave function. 2 hours, gone. Dammit.

:brick:

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    Nice. I think that 1.06 update did the trick. For the first time in like forever, I was able to play for more than an hour without a glitch or crash. Now I can get back to exploring the mojave.
    Nice This is too good of a game to be ruined by glitches... I've been playing a good bit the last couple days as well.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Nice. I think that 1.06 update did the trick. For the first time in like forever, I was able to play for more than an hour without a glitch or crash. Now I can get back to exploring the mojave.

Leave a comment:

• sbxxxiichamps
    replied
    Just finished Old World Blues...Loved it!!

And trust me, the robot radscorpions are the least of your worries...

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    I might not get Old World Blues, I found out it was full of radscorpions, and I've had just about enough of them. Lol
    I thought they were robot radscorpions?

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    I might not get Old World Blues, I found out it was full of radscorpions, and I've had just about enough of them. Lol

Leave a comment:

• sbxxxiichamps
    replied
    I have all 3 DLC's that they have released so far so I'll give my opinions on them.

#1 Dead Money: A lot of people didn't like this one but for me personally I enjoyed it. I'm not saying it was 10/10 material but it was worth what I paid for it. The atmoshpere and story are what really sells it, and for those high level characters who are used to everything being too easy, it knocks you back a step at the start. (Which i enjoyed....it made it more challenging)

#2 Honest Hearts: Disappointing...Upon completing this DLC i felt as if something was missing or completely left out. It had a lot of potential but instead was far too easy, far too quick and somewhat pointless. There is some good loot you can grab for your character, but this is definitely the worst DLC so far.

#3 Old World Blues: Love it!...so far....I'm only an hour or 2 in but so far I have very little complaints besides the fact that you can't walk two steps without being attacked! Its soo annoying!!! But the loot from those characters has made me quite the wealthy courier so I can't complain too much. It reminds me of Point lookout from FO3 because its completely open allowing you to roam freely. Anyways I haven't completed it yet, but it looks and feels promising!

Leave a comment:

• Puddleglum
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Yeah, even watching gameplay and reading reviews the first one seems to be combat and trap solving focused, which is kinda weird. Reminds me of Operation Anchorage when they went into purely FPS mode, thought that was kinda weird for a Fallout game.

Either way, I'm gonna buy all three, just to get the total experience. I've never not had fun playing Fallout, it's just that certain parts aren't as fun as others, so I'm okay with that. I've heard the writing for Dead Money is really good anyways, so that should keep me afloat.
    I bought the game when it first came out so I was kind of screwed in the GOTY department. So when the DLC went on sale for $2.50 during the Steam Summer Sale I jumped on it because I'm a Fallout junkie. I made sure to pick up the Old World Blues DLC to make a 2nd playthrough of the game "worth it."

I really liked the 1st one, Dead Money. It was spooky (had great atmosphere) and I felt like I was the underdog the whole time, and the storyline was pretty good if you took the time to talk to people. (5-7 hours in length and would give it 8.5/10)

To me the 2nd DLC, Honest Hearts, has been the stinker of the bunch. I tend to leave my best weapons and armor at my "base" for DLC so I play through the DLC with what's available. I got my hands on an Anti-Material Rifle and a crazy .45 SMG and it was over. Aside from that, the story hinges on you having a "moral quandry," when it comes to responding to violence. (3-5 hours in length and a 2.5/10)

In Old World Blues, Obsidian aimed to quadruple the "whacky and zany." They pulled it off for the most part I'm still playing through it but it's more satire than anything else. I'm back to feeling like I'm the underdog again because the guns I was given...well...they suck aside from this laser rifle thing that I just refuse to pay 10k caps to repair. I've laughed more than a few times just listening to the banter, and aside from the Portal series that's a rarity. (I think I'm only 5 hours in and maybe halfway done, so far it's a 7.5)

I'd be curious to know the thoughts of others on the New Vegas DLC or DLC in general. I'd love to play the Mass Effect DLC but unless there is a GOTY coming out I won't as most of the time DLC is a rip off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X